HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT Oilers @ Wild Jan 02/04

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 06:18 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
That's why he laid on the ice with Henry checking him out.......that's why he pretty much followed Henry all the way to the freaking trainers room for crying out loud.

Gimme a break.....
Looked pretty cheap from where I was sitting. No point to it at all. Probably stuck with Henry because he realized that boneheaded move could've just ended a guy's career. I'm sure he didn't intend for it to turn out the way it did. Henry, surprisingly, didn't go to the trainers room at all. Must have a pretty thick neck.

Old
01-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Silver

Reading about Luoma getting wristers through from the point...

Am I crazy, or does it seem like everytime Semenov tries a wrist shot from the point, it bounces off the defender 30 feet away from the net? Maybe Luoma can give him some pointers.

Old
01-02-2004, 06:51 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
I realised Hemsky gave Henry a little shove at the wrong time. But did anyone notice Henrys skates on the play? It was like one of them hit a rut.......then they went all gibble.

Most plays from a shove like that result in nothing. Bad luck for Henry AND Hemsky.

Hemsky playing gutless on a 2-1 ROUT in the 3rd Dawgbone?

That's why he laid on the ice with Henry checking him out.......that's why he pretty much followed Henry all the way to the freaking trainers room for crying out loud.

Gimme a break.....
2-1 Rout?

Where the hell did I say that? I recall saying that the Oilers don't need Hemsky pulling that stuff with a one goal lead in the 3rd.

Fact of the matter is it was a very stupid play. End of Story. If that is Tucker, everyone is crying about it. Any play like that is gutless. If you can't hit a guy shoulder to shoulder or shoulder to chest, don't hit him.

Only cowards and cheapshot artists pull that kind of crap.

It's nice that he held his hand into the trainers room, but that doesn't excuse the decision he made before hand.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:00 PM
theoil

Who did Lynch play with and how did he look? I saw about 5 minutes of the third at the mall while I was doing my good husband impersonation and I really didn't think that Hemsky was responsible for Henry falling like that. It looked to me more like Henry lost his footing and that was why Hemsky ran into him.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:03 PM
TheChase

Sure great to see Smyth and Torres turning their games around!

Old
01-02-2004, 07:06 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
see nobody has reported the Staios situation at the end of the radio broadcast (up to where i listened basically) they mentioned Staios was very slow to get up but he looks ok, i suppose you'll see more in tommorow's journal but i aint heard anything yet.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:10 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
see nobody has reported the Staios situation at the end of the radio broadcast (up to where i listened basically) they mentioned Staios was very slow to get up but he looks ok, i suppose you'll see more in tommorow's journal but i aint heard anything yet.
He skated off under his own steam and looked alright. They said after the game that it looked like the puck hit him in the chest close to the heart like Proger a few years ago.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:11 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
2-1 Rout?

Where the hell did I say that? I recall saying that the Oilers don't need Hemsky pulling that stuff with a one goal lead in the 3rd.

Fact of the matter is it was a very stupid play. End of Story. If that is Tucker, everyone is crying about it. Any play like that is gutless. If you can't hit a guy shoulder to shoulder or shoulder to chest, don't hit him.

Only cowards and cheapshot artists pull that kind of crap.

It's nice that he held his hand into the trainers room, but that doesn't excuse the decision he made before hand.
Well why did you have to mention that the Oilers were leading by 2-1 in the 3rd when Hemsky commited this "gutless" act?

What Hemsky did really bothered you. So lets say the Oilers were losing 2-1 in the 3rd.

It wouldn't have bothered you as much?

Old
01-02-2004, 07:14 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i think this team can still make the playoffs, they've had their season's super downpoint that always happen and i think they'll piece things together and make the playoffs. This team still has the talent to do it and Reasoner, Oates and Smyth will all return to form just like Brewer and Salo have.

Old
01-02-2004, 07:28 PM
GorillazXL

Nice to see Lynch in the line up but i thought Rita also got the call...or was that just one of MacT's mind games?... I'll pretend he's gona get the call so he gets worked up and then retract the callup...when he does get here I'll play him like Bergeron, and send him down after a few games... and say its cos he lacks confidence. Would help if the coach has confidence in the players.

GXL

Old
01-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
Nice to see Lynch in the line up but i thought Rita also got the call...or was that just one of MacT's mind games?... I'll pretend he's gona get the call so he gets worked up and then retract the callup...when he does get here I'll play him like Bergeron, and send him down after a few games... and say its cos he lacks confidence. Would help if the coach has confidence in the players.
MacTavish didn't say anything about calling Rita up. That came from John Short, not the team. Chances are they were intending to, but because of Smith's injury, they had to call Lynch up instead. Unless they put him on IR, they don't have room on the roster. When Cross returns, they will hopefully return Lynch and call Rita up, but who knows?

Old
01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Salo's allowed just nine goals in his last five games. Hopefully he has turned the corner.

I really like Lynch and Luoma. Can't wait to see Woywitka get a shot with the Oilers and Bergeron called back up.

Old
01-02-2004, 08:07 PM
sidelines

vCash:
How was the Hemsky hit dirty? Have you never seen another player give the other guy a little cross check in the back before? Its not like Hemsky gave him a good one, it was just a little cross check to his back.
Henry was just off balance and Hemskys not known for taking cheapshots. Plus, a guy the size of Henry(6'5" 220lbs) wouldn't go down like that because of a cross check like Hemskys..

Old
01-02-2004, 08:32 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
MacTavish didn't say anything about calling Rita up. That came from John Short, not the team. Chances are they were intending to, but because of Smith's injury, they had to call Lynch up instead. Unless they put him on IR, they don't have room on the roster. When Cross returns, they will hopefully return Lynch and call Rita up, but who knows?
Oh yeah, Short not MacT, New Years hangover...Thnaks for the correction

GXL

Old
01-02-2004, 08:46 PM
theoil

Anybody know how many minutes Brewer played tonight? It seems like he plays better when he is in the 27 - 30 minute range.

Old
01-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Anybody know how many minutes Brewer played tonight? It seems like he plays better when he is in the 27 - 30 minute range.
He played 24:54.

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/ES020571.HTM

Old
01-03-2004, 04:31 AM
Yanner39

First off, we all need to relax on the Hemsky play. Gimme a break. It's not like he has a reputation of doing this. Gutless? I don't think so. Stupid? Of course but lets not overreact here. It was a mistake by a young kid, that's all. He should have a gotten 5 and game but the refs were consistent with there non-calls again.

Good game, although the third period was a little boring. That's all really I got to see. From what I did see, here are me thoughts:

1. Luoma is getting better, more comfortable with every game. I agree with LT that he has moved ahead Ferguson on the depth chart (maybe not in MacT's eyes).

2. Salo. He plays his best when he challenges the shooters and that's what he did last night. On one play (semi 2-1) he came rushing out to get the puck in the chest, no rebounds. I like the way he kicked the rebound and almost created a 3-2. All in all, they won because of him last night. Good to see.

3. Stoll. This guy gets better with every game. He hussles and makes things happen.

4. I guess we can agree that Oates has yet to have the impact we thought he would but it seems his faceoffs skills has rubbed off on Horcoff and Stoll. I mean, I actually want Horcoff to take draws now. I don't have the stats but it seems he's winning more than he's losing.

Old
01-03-2004, 06:48 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Well why did you have to mention that the Oilers were leading by 2-1 in the 3rd when Hemsky commited this "gutless" act?

What Hemsky did really bothered you. So lets say the Oilers were losing 2-1 in the 3rd.

It wouldn't have bothered you as much?
Do I really need to add up 2 and 2 for you? I was hoping the reason was implied, but I guess some people just need answers placed directly into their brain.

When your team is struggling and you are winning 2-1 in the 3rd period, you have to go out of your way to make smart decisions. What Hemsky did wasn't smart at all.

In any situation, it is still a stupid play, but when he did it could have been a little more detrimental to the team.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:18 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Do I really need to add up 2 and 2 for you? I was hoping the reason was implied, but I guess some people just need answers placed directly into their brain.
Well, well, well......look who the hell is talking now. Is this supposed to hurt my feelings? Somehow I was expecting more. Oh well.

Yes I requested you insert it in my brain. Just like you DEMAND explanations from others when you nit-pik any little thing in a post that bothers you.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:19 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by York16

Thanks for the link. I still think they should ride him harder. He and Semenov are both big and young and seem to thrive on ice time.

Old
01-03-2004, 01:41 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Well, well, well......look who the hell is talking now. Is this supposed to hurt my feelings? Somehow I was expecting more. Oh well.

Yes I requested you insert it in my brain. Just like you DEMAND explanations from others when you nit-pik any little thing in a post that bothers you.
whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by dawgbone: 01-03-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Closed Thread