HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

Old
07-22-2007, 05:40 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
thats not going to work. this is better (only lines, not positions)
jags-gomez-hossa (hossa only scores when he is on the top line)
shanny-avery-straka (avery has to play with shanny or else he'll get into trouble )
prucha-callahan-drury
holl-orr-betty

*seizures*

We're not paying Drury 7 mil a year to play wing on our 3rd line... He'll be the 2nd or 1st line Center... Hossa will not be on the top 3 lines at this point.... Callahan plays wing... Avery is not centering our 2nd line, maybe our 3rd but doubtful....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2007, 05:51 PM
mike14

did ya'll see the part where he says that they're lines, not posisitions (although it's not that hard to write them in the correct order)?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2007, 06:22 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't disagree. But I'm a lot happier with him centering the third line than I am Straka or Drury. And lot more comfortable than having him center the second line.

True

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Fletch

Exactly where I'm coming from, Singn...

if Dubinsky, or another yoot, is not ready to center a third line, the next best option is Avery. He's best-suited from a second or third line wing position, but he's also a better option than Straka at center, which has always been met with unsatisfactory results. Further, at least Avery can win his share of faceoffs. Drury's here to play with decent players and get quality minutes - not make third and fourth line players better and getting less than 18 minutes per game (make that Drury and Gomez). Finally, the other option is for a guy like Dubi to break in on a fourth line - which to me means Betts on a third line, and that too has been met with very unsatisfactory results. The best option is Avery at center. It may not be optimal, but in a cap world, teams may not get optimal. In any event, at least two of the Rangers' four lines should be better this season with the other two being at least as good as last season - that should help this season.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 08:41 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
shanny-avery-straka (avery has to play with shanny or else he'll get into trouble )
prucha-callahan-drury
holl-orr-betty
Sorry Cally, but we didnt pay Chris Drury, 7.1m per year to play 3rd line. I cant imagine he'd have singed with us if he'd thought he'd be 3rd liner!!!!

Drury and Gomer are fixes for the top 2 lines as much as Jagr is, purely down to salary, even though there talent puts them there too.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
prucha-callahan-drury
holl-orr-betty

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Fletch

I don't mind...

Hossa playing a top line, Cally, but I do not buy into the rationale that he should play there because that's the only line on which he scores. The other option would be to not play him at all and have Straka there, with Dubi as the third line center and work it from there. We're still a bit away from making concrete lines, but Renney must construct his lines in a manner that makes the most sense.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote