HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM952 to a bauer skate

Old
07-21-2007, 01:58 AM
puckMAN

vCash: 500
CCM952 to a bauer skate

The blades on my 952's a wareing down as I have hade the skates for 7 years,but rather then spending 60$ or so to get new blades I think I am just going to get a cheep pare of Bauer as I don't play as much any more.My question is will I notice a big difference in feel?some have told me in the past that Tucks have a much more level feel,and that CCM skate frames make you feel as thow you are playing on you toes I this true?I did not seem to feel as thow I was on my toes,but I have never used Bauers.

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2007, 04:20 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Pro lite 3 and LS2s(off the top of my head, and at 5am, I just don't recall about the custom+) both are neutral holders but the boot of the CCM will put you more on your toes and the Bauers will be more on your heels. Takes time to adjust, I adjusted just fine after a few ice times. The problem will be fit, the only skates that will fit similar are the supremes(30/50/70) or the flexlites. The Supremes will be a bit tighter and the flexlites will be a hair wider. Try the skates on before you make the plunge.

RBKs are the closest fit to the Tacks, the only difference is that the heel is slightly wider.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 12:01 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Pro lite 3 and LS2s(off the top of my head, and at 5am, I just don't recall about the custom+) both are neutral holders but the boot of the CCM will put you more on your toes and the Bauers will be more on your heels. Takes time to adjust, I adjusted just fine after a few ice times. The problem will be fit, the only skates that will fit similar are the supremes(30/50/70) or the flexlites. The Supremes will be a bit tighter and the flexlites will be a hair wider. Try the skates on before you make the plunge.

RBKs are the closest fit to the Tacks, the only difference is that the heel is slightly wider.
^ Bingo.

I switch from Bauer 4000's to CCM 652's a very long time ago and hated the transition. My entire skating ability was thrown out of alignment. I went right back and bought a pair of 7000's and then Vapor XX's right after that and never looked back. I would suggest you stick with CCM.

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 12:43 PM
XweekendwarriorX

My brother used vapors for a year broke them and went with with vectors 6.0 and about 2 months ago realized why his feet were killing him and it was that CCM makes there boot not as wide as bauer does and when he switched he felt no more discomfort or anything. i have always used a bauer skate and love them. the bauer one30 i got for 120 and best deal i got on a skate.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 02:41 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
the tacks are about the same width of the supreme 30/50/70, but a good amount wider than the vapors or supreme one90. The new vapors have a wider toecap than last years, so now they fit a wider range of skaters(properly).

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote