Ducks rivalry with the Kings

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2007, 05:36 PM
PeterForsberg21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Keep the good mentality! I mean if you don't make the playoffs, there is always rebuilding, you know what I mean.
I sense the condescending sarcasm, but I'll let it slide.

Old
07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
hockeydemon05

Send a message via AIM to hockeydemon05
PF21, why do you continue posting here? You yourself are the instigator here. Quitcherb!tching alright?

We are so below your intelligence level, you surly must have better things to do in your day then bother a few ducks fans that you see as the speck of dirt on your shoes.
So why dont you go shine your shoes?
That should keep you busy for a few hours.

Old
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
PeterForsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Educated adult? Like this?

You're welcome to do all the proofreading you wish, but I'd suggest you start with your own posts before attempting to "proof read" others. And most educated adults know posts are countable and are fewer, not less. Or not, as you'll probably be banned soon enough.

Back to topic the Kings are still more of a rival. It has to do with the fans animosity as much as anything else. And while our team did play down somewhat this season, you can't deny that the Kings certainly turned it up a notch for the Ducks, which is shows it means something to the players as well.
You're right on the first one, it should be writing them; good eye.

And sorry for the earlier posts, my friend was on my account for a bit (he can be very... passionate about his beliefs from time to time). Again, let's try and discontinue the bashing (I know I probably started it, but that's besides the point).

And yes, Kopitar will continue to rip it up this season and will spearhead the approaching onslaught. When this onslaught will appear is open for debate...

Old
07-24-2007, 05:50 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal View Post
Funny how that happens when threads have "Kings" somewhere in the title...
Where is KingKopitar11 when you need him, that would top this thread right off.

Old
07-24-2007, 05:51 PM
PeterForsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydemon05 View Post
PF21, why do you continue posting here?
We are so below your intelligence level, you surly must have better things to do in your day then bother a few ducks fans.
You yourself are the instigator here. Quitcherb!tching alright?
I have already addressed the fact that I was probably the one who caused all of the bashing, and again, my bad. But I think we have passed that, so no need to point this out any further.

Old
07-24-2007, 05:59 PM
hockeydemon05

Send a message via AIM to hockeydemon05
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg21 View Post
I have already addressed the fact that I was probably the one who caused all of the bashing, and again, my bad. But I think we have passed that, so no need to point this out any further.
I always miss all the action
Its all good.

Old
07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
10 ft. pole

I will start off with, you guys had a very good team last year and were as strong of a cup, calibre, team as anyone in the league. You won the cup and played very well.

However, I can honestly say that half of the people who showed up in your building were sweater wearing, nancy boys or mini-van driving, overweight, soccer moms. There was a small contengiency of Orange County bro's and bro-ho's as well, loitering. I would say that during the play-offs 5-10 percent of the people in your building were Kingsfans starved for playoff hockey. We would have gone anywhere to avoid having to listen, to your duo of Ahlers and Heyward. Factor in the Vancouver fans, Detroit fans, Ottawa fans, and the small group of Minnesota fans and you have nothing to brag about attendance-wise.

You guys have an extremely geeky fan-base. A lot of the time going to Ducks games is like going to a PTA meeting that serves alcohol! Last year is over and so is the Ducks party. We'll see what you got for us this year. We got better. You haven't!

Congratulations on the cup again! It is like when the high school nerd makes more money than you after high school. Who cares.? When LA wins the cup I'll celebrate just as much. I could give two ***** if you won it first. it has nothing to do with the reasons I love my team. It is not all about winning. It's about history and great moments in TEAM history. We have had Gretzky, Robitaille, and Dionne. We have seen these guys break numerous records and make NHL and Team history.

Last edited by 10 ft. pole: 07-24-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old
07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
Congratulations on the cup again! It is like when the high school nerd makes more money than you after high school. Who cares.? When LA wins the cup I'll celebrate just as much. I could give two ***** if you won it first.
Came all the way to our board and wrote your little heart out, you cared so little.

Quote:
it has nothing to do with the reasons I love my team. It is not all about winning. It's about history and great moments in TEAM history. We have had Gretzky, Robitaille, and Dionne.
Wow. That's cute. In 40 years the Kings have made it out of the second round ONE time. That's some tradition right there. I was about to type, that's as bad as Hartford, but at least they have a Cup. So - that's as bad as Winnipeg/Phoenix, the only difference being, people actually watch the Kings suck hopelessly year after year. And I'm really not sure which is worse.

But, hey. At least you got to watch Gretzky and Robitaille and Dionne lose. I'm sure that feels just as good as winning the Cup. Or whatever.

Old
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Ignore the trolls. It makes me laugh when they post. They're hilarious.

The only funny thing said in this thread by them was the thing about ducks spreading their wings and flying. That made me fall out of my chair, and I'm still laughing.

Old
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
We got better. You haven't!
God, I do hope your team got better. The Kings had more than enough time to get better. On the other hand the Ducks don't need to get that much better, they just proved they are the best team in the league.

Quote:
It is not all about winning. It's about history and great moments in TEAM history. We have had Gretzky, Robitaille, and Dionne. We have seen these guys break numerous records and make NHL and Team history.
I am sure a lot of King fans feel the same way, they'd rather have all the history and never win a cup. I personally would rather have no history and a bunch of cups.

Old
07-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

I don't think that's the case. There is no history worth talking up without a Cup in our possession. The history of our franchise means squat until some hardware gets here.

Old
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Congratulations on the cup again! It is like when the high school nerd makes more money than you after high school. Who cares.? When LA wins the cup I'll celebrate just as much.
This is too good not to be quoted again. Well said.

Old
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Sandman33

Quote:

However, I can honestly say that half of the people who showed up in your building were sweater wearing, nancy boys or mini-van driving, overweight, soccer moms. There was a small contengiency of Orange County bro's and bro-ho's as well, loitering. I would say that during the play-offs 5-10 percent of the people in your building were Kingsfans starved for playoff hockey. We would have gone anywhere to avoid having to listen, to your duo of Ahlers and Heyward. Factor in the Vancouver fans, Detroit fans, Ottawa fans, and the small group of Minnesota fans and you have nothing to brag about attendance-wise.

You guys have an extremely geeky fan-base. A lot of the time going to Ducks games is like going to a PTA meeting that serves alcohol! Last year is over and so is the Ducks party. We'll see what you got for us this year. We got better. You haven't!

Congratulations on the cup again! It is like when the high school nerd makes more money than you after high school. Who cares.? When LA wins the cup I'll celebrate just as much. I could give two ***** if you won it first. it has nothing to do with the reasons I love my team. It is not all about winning. It's about history and great moments in TEAM history. We have had Gretzky, Robitaille, and Dionne. We have seen these guys break numerous records and make NHL and Team history.
This is exactly why I cant stand the Kings or thier fans anymore. I have played hockey myself for 15 years and used to hate the Ducks because they were the worst thing to ever come to hockey while Disney owned them and was forced to watch the Kings. But it is totaly different now...WAAY different. I will tell you why.

1. The music at the Ducks games is GREAT. All kick ass heavy music like Rob Zombie, Metallica, and even Marilyn Manson at times.

2. THE DUCK GIRLS! Kings games are full of ignorant Aholes yelling hatefull remarks. While the Ducks have super hot girls walking around in spandex and midriffs giving away prizes. And not just the Duck girls working there either, theres a LOT of hot chicks at Ducks games. Especialy at club level. Nearly EVERY Ducks game I have been to the people around me were talking about the game at hand and for the most part KNOWING what they were talking about.

3. Good management and a winning team. Its great having the MEANEST team in hockey....its HOCKEY. If the Kings were the meanest team and won a cup thier fans would be quite happy and flipping everyone else off that complained about it. Thats for damn sure. So its amusing to me when Kings fans complain about how the Ducks are goons.

The Kings just plain suck and have sucked for a LONG time. So lets break this down once again.

Ducks games - Heavy Metal, Hot Chicks, The meanest team in hockey, and usualy a win.

Kings games - Ok music - no chicks - obnoxious fans - and a crappy losing team, which is probably why thier fans are always so obnoxious.

Old
07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post
This is too good not to be quoted again. Well said.
I know! I mean every time I think of the Kings winning the cup I have to laugh too! We all know thats NOT going to happen...ever.

Old
07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
kings15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post
This is exactly why I cant stand the Kings or thier fans anymore. I have played hockey myself for 15 years and used to hate the Ducks because they were the worst thing to ever come to hockey while Disney owned them and was forced to watch the Kings. But it is totaly different now...WAAY different. I will tell you why.

1. The music at the Ducks games is GREAT. All kick ass heavy music like Rob Zombie, Metallica, and even Marilyn Manson at times.

2. THE DUCK GIRLS! Kings games are full of ignorant Aholes yelling hatefull remarks. While the Ducks have super hot girls walking around in spandex and midriffs giving away prizes. And not just the Duck girls working there either, theres a LOT of hot chicks at Ducks games. Especialy at club level. Nearly EVERY Ducks game I have been to the people around me were talking about the game at hand and for the most part KNOWING what they were talking about.

3. Good management and a winning team. Its great having the MEANEST team in hockey....its HOCKEY. If the Kings were the meanest team and won a cup thier fans would be quite happy and flipping everyone else off that complained about it. Thats for damn sure. So its amusing to me when Kings fans complain about how the Ducks are goons.

The Kings just plain suck and have sucked for a LONG time. So lets break this down once again.

Ducks games - Heavy Metal, Hot Chicks, The meanest team in hockey, and usualy a win.

Kings games - Ok music - no chicks - obnoxious fans - and a crappy losing team, which is probably why thier fans are always so obnoxious.
ohhhh nononononono your fans with zero hockey IQ are waaaaaayy more obnoxious!!!

Old
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post

yeah right, I've been at the ponda a couple of times and the music there rarely had any lyrics. It was all instrumental, unless you brought along your ipod.

Old
07-24-2007, 08:57 PM
arinkrat*

Quote:
It is like when the high school nerd makes more money than you after high school.
People who peak in high school are really pathetic.

Old
07-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I have no since of hockey? im not sure how i could but im wondering how you can say without ever talking to me or seeing me that i dont know hockey? Also why would a hockey anaylist say he didnt deserve it? if ray emery was nominated for the vezina they wouldnt say he didnt deserve it, they would give reasons why he deserves the nomination. Alfie had a great plus minus and was incredible in the defensive zone and can get points.

And even if I was embarrassing myself, which I don't believe I am, I think you can tell that I would never care about what you or any other Ducks fan would ever think of me; since you like the Ducks, I can already tell that you have a warped view on reality. And you guys keep saying, "At least we won the cup". That doesn't mean that "your team" (I can't stand calling it your team, the fact being that you guys don't know **** about hockey, among other things) deserved the cup; the Ducks are one of the dirtiest teams I have ever seen. So, frankly, I don't care that your favorite team won the cup. And before someone asks why I am even on the board if I don't care what you "Ducks fans" think, it's because I sometimes have trouble understanding how some people can be so incredibly impaired in general.
First of all, analysts have been saying Sammi is one of the most underrated players and should have one a Selke now for a couple of years now. So the comment you made about that is pointless.. I don't see how a team doesn't deserve the cup when they are one of the best teams through the season. Plus the best thing about the NHL playoffs is that in order to advance you have to beat your opponet 4 times. That means their will no champion that was a fluke. You can't win 4 playoff series that were flukes. The Stanley Cup champion earns the cup, and that's what the Ducks did. We really don't care that you think the Ducks are "dirty". We won the cup, and that's all that matters. Our team was better then every other team in the NHL and now the Ducks are champs. Oh the reason I think you have no idea what you are talking about is because you base your assesment of a team's fan base on a few fans. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. We have King trolls come here all the time, and I think most of us will admit that we've called them stupid, but we don't group all of the other King fans with them. Therefore, to say that is just dumb.

Bottom line: Our team is champs, it doesn't matter what you say because frankly we don't care. We won 16 playoff games fair and square. No one agrees with you, therefore it's best you leave.

Old
07-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Kingswin

I will give you the duck girls...THEY ARE ****ING HOT

Old
07-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
all you ducks fans are stuck up *****es. Played down my balls, Kopitar just tore you guys up last year. i went to 2 games in the finals and most of you know **** about anything going on down on the ice, The most annoying loud morons ever to get together.
It's amazing that in one seat you found out what 17,000 people knew about the game. Absolutely astounding.

Old
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
ok. you didnt win the cup your goon team won. You didnt do anything but talk to fellow duck fan ******* about **** they dont know about.
Oh look person number 14,201 to whine about the Ducks being a 'goon' team.

proves your hockey IQ right there.

Old
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
all you ducks fans are stuck up *****es. Played down my balls, Kopitar just tore you guys up last year. i went to 2 games in the finals and most of you know **** about anything going on down on the ice, The most annoying loud morons ever to get together.
You're obviosly a kings fan since you act exactly like one. Congrats on your first postYou just embarassed yourself and made yourself look like a d-bag

Old
07-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
no you didnt, your goon team won. you didnt do ANYTHING. At the game i had this guy sitting behind me yelling to the team," spread your wings and fly ducks, fly harder then you have ever before." I almost died after this. Other people were saying things just as moronic and it was hard not to lose my ****. Perry, Parros, Pronger, Getzlaf, Moen, Dienta, May, Pahlsson. These guys are difficult to watch. Why did Pahlsson get nominated for best defensive forward over alfredsson?
Are you sure that wasn't you or some drunk kings fan

Old
07-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Looking forward to the first time the Kings meet the Ducks in the playoffs.

All home games for my team.
Insert that Jim Mora soundclip...

PLAYOFFS??

Old
07-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
the Kings are our big "rivals" but honestly I get more into the Redwings games when they come to town, not just because they are better than the Kings, but because of the sea of Redwings fans that show up to our home games...
There are a ton that come to the Staples Center as well and the kings fans get so pissed

Closed Thread