HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR All-time WORST roster.

Old
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
Happens at 1:58, can't tell who he shoots it at

Looks like Glenn Anderson

Last edited by WhipNash27: 07-25-2007 at 03:19 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Schnieder - He was and still is over rated and way over payed. He was horrible defensively and never produced nearly enough offensively to make up for it. He never took the load off of Leetch, which is what he was paid to do. He never played with effort unless it was the last year of his contract. This guy plays to get paid and for nothing else.
I disagree on Schneider. He was a Norris winner by no means, but I felt he was a solid 2nd pairing guy. He played hard, and was solid on both ends. I felt he was light-years ahead of the Quintals, Karpas, Ulanovs, and Malakhovs of the past...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
As soon as you put Lindros in there as an all time worst ..you lose your clout.
The guy was injury prone, but he was far and away better than alot of players who have played for the Rangers...and actually gave a **** as a Ranger, at a time when alot who played here didn't! His signing did nothing to send this franchise in the wrong direction....if ANYTHING sent this team in the wrong direction, it was the trading away of Amonte and Weight!
I disagree. Of course he was better then a Jeff Toms, and a myriad of other players, but the reason I put him in is b/c in my mind it signaled the ultimate end of building through youth. Of course the Rangers bought players before, but dealing away one of your only good young pieces in Jonsson gutted the little youth the team had. At this point overpriced former stars became the only goal of the organization. The Rangers put all their eggs in a damaged package, and Lindros NEVER played up to his talent level. He was a great guy I'm sure, but obviously a huge disapointment.

Old
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Langdon - was a meat bag who couldn't win a fight. He was a bad enforcer on a bad team.

Beukeboom - characterwise, I can't say enough positiive things about the guy. He's great to the fans, he was a great teammate, and did wonderful things off the ice. But on the ice he never came through with what was needed by him. The Ranger's always needed the physical crease clearing defenseman. They always needed a big defenseman with a solid pointshot (except for when they had Zubby). When he wasn't backing down from a fight, he was getting beatup. The only thing he did exceptionally well on the ice, with great regularity, was taking bad penalties. He was fortunate enough to have the Edomonton claim to fame and was liked by all, including Leatch and Messier, which is what lead to his long tenure with the Rangers. Outside that, I always felt he was over rated and I was only unhappy when he retired because we lost the opportunity to trade him away for something useful.
So the guy who like Lindros b/c of his character dislikes Beuk despite his? Lindros was a failure here, while Beuk did his job well.

Old
07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I disagree on Schneider. He was a Norris winner by no means, but I felt he was a solid 2nd pairing guy. He played hard, and was solid on both ends. I felt he was light-years ahead of the Quintals, Karpas, Ulanovs, and Malakhovs of the past...
If he was so good, why was he exposed during an expansion draft?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2007, 05:29 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Didnt he shoot the puck at Kovalev's face too when he was on the ice?
I think this goes to show the guys overall poor character. I think I remember reading a story about him after he was traded for Messier. He was pulled over for speeding and given a ticket. He was then pulled over by the same cop for speeding. He told the cop to keep writing him tickets because he wasn't going to stop.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
If he was so good, why was he exposed during an expansion draft?
...and if he's so bad, then why has he been paid like a king the last few years and been given a new big contract?

Truth probably lies in the middle...

Old
07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

This has been the grossest misconstruement of the words "worst" and "ever." Players regarded as average or somewhat disappointing are getting loped in all over. Colton Orr is not a great player but he does his job. He punches holes in people's faces and knocks them out. WORST? EVER?!? In his 5 minutes of ice time, how many games has he actually lost us? Is he the worst because he's eating up a roster spot. Because Nigel Dawes deserves those FIVE minutes of ice time? I just don't understand how that qualifies. As opposed to a player like Valeri Kamensky (whom I loved before he came to New York) it's night and day what the qualifications for worst ever are. He came in with a giantic contract and not only did he disappoint, he didn't work hard, hardly made an impact, drew the ire of the fans. How many times have Colton Orr or Darren Langdon been booed? I can guarantee you they've been cheered more often.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Mason530

Don't wanna make lines. Just name names: Kamensky, Quintal, Keane, Skrunland, Ferraro brothers, Dube, Goneau, Lundmark, Doig, Momesso, Mattou, Ulanov, Carter, Ndur.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 03:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason530 View Post
Don't wanna make lines. Just name names: Kamensky, Quintal, Keane, Skrunland, Ferraro brothers, Dube, Goneau, Lundmark, Doig, Momesso, Mattou, Ulanov, Carter, Ndur.
I don't see how the likes of Dube, Goneau, Mottau get on people's lists. They all have less than 1 season's worth of games played and were ultimately disappointments but WORST EVER? Dube seemed to pull it together his last year in hartford but then took off for Switzerland and has been there since. Goneau had a good rookie season with 10 goals but in the following 12 games he played as a Ranger, he could not repeat. Mike Mottau played all of 19 games and less you remember it was in those two dark seasons when we were coached by Ron Low and our back line consisted of Rich Pilon, Brad Brown, Alexei Gusarov, David Karpa, Igor Ulanov, Darren van Impe. By this logic, Jarkko Immonen (or Maxim Kondratiev) deserves to be on the list because he's disappointed (so far) with a competent coach and team.

Old
07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Mike Mottau played all of 19 games and less you remember it was in those two dark seasons when we were coached by Ron Low and our back line consisted of Rich Pilon, Brad Brown, Alexei Gusarov, David Karpa, Igor Ulanov, Darren van Impe.
The mention of those six players collectively makes me sick.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
The mention of those six players collectively makes me sick.
I agree. but as for: Dube, Mottau, Kloucek, Goneau, Lundmark, Brendl. When I see these names however, it makes you wanna cry rather than throw up, ne? No sir, these guys do not belong on the worse Rangers list ever. They could certainly qualify for the Ranger's most recent big-disappointment-list however but that's another thread i hope doesn't get started.