HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather losing control?

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Sather losing control?

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/4867.htm

I'm sure there's no mutiny underfoot, but how much longer can Holik and Sather continue to co-exist? It's quite obvious the two don't like one another. If I had to side with one, then obviously I'd side with Bobby.

So is an Oakland-Raiders style mutiny the only way to get Slats out of Manhattan?

Old
01-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/4867.htm

I'm sure there's no mutiny underfoot, but how much longer can Holik and Sather continue to co-exist? It's quite obvious the two don't like one another. If I had to side with one, then obviously I'd side with Bobby.

So is an Oakland-Raiders style mutiny the only way to get Slats out of Manhattan?

I hope thats what happens. Its pretty obvious to me thats where its going. I really dont understand Sather supporters. Forget all the details about trades, the farm, personal decisions, the only thing that should do the speaking about Sather's regime is WINNING... which has not happened.

Of all the pro sports, hockey teams have the easiest time qualifying for the post season. Maybe you could make an arguement for the Eastern conference in the NBA... Anyway the fact that he hasn't put together a team to win says enough

I dont know if its Sather, the guys he put together, or Dolan... doesn't matter. It's extremely obvious this team is headed in the wrong direction, we are constantly struggling to win half of our games with all the financial resources we need. Say what you will about the Yankees... at least they win.

Old
01-03-2004, 06:42 AM
dedalus

I feel bad for Sather. It's clear that someone needs to be taught a lesson by nailing his rear end to the pine. Yet Jamie Lundmark is out of the lineup! NOW whom do you bench???????????

Old
01-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Edge

i dunno, many many relationships exist between coaches and players who dont like each other.

however, i cannot see sather making it past this season, especially if the rangers crash and burn down the stretch.

and if sather goes, Messier probably goes. and frankly Messier has been one of the rangers better players this season. which says alot about some of the efforts on this team.

Closed Thread