HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isn't today the day Avery and the Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
If he was so good why was he bounced out of Detroit and L.A.?
I'd love to hear the story of why Avery was bounced out of Detroit. please, go on.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
IslandersCastaway

vCash: 500

lol

Old
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
avery is nothing more than chris neil with additional ice time. I don't know how some of you are comparing him to the 2-time selke nominated manimal that is Mike Fisher.

Fisher had 195 hits in 68 games.
Avery had 110 hits in 82 games.
Therefore we can conclude Fisher is the more physical player.

Fisher was 3rd in the league in blocked shots by forwards (behind only horcoff and betts who played 80 and 82 games respectively) and has been nominated for the selke trophy for two consecutive years. Avery is reknown for taking stupid penalties and his defensive play is an afterthought.
Therefore we can conclude Fisher is by far better defensively.

Similar production with a 14 game differential in 06-07. Fisher has far better career numbers at the same age.
Therefore we can conclude Fisher is the more offensive player.

Finally, Fisher is a C which is more valuable than a winger. Fisher kills penalties (frequently). Fisher is bigger. Fisher is stronger. Fisher is younger (marginally). Fisher has more playoff experience. Fisher takes less penalties. Fisher is better looking. Fisher has played for the Stanley Cup. Fisher is in every conceivable way better than Avery. I would even argue that Fisher is a better fighter than Avery since he beat Avery in a fight on Dec 2nd, 2005.

That said: i would still love to have avery on the sens for 2mil or less per season.
But Mike Fisher does not date Elisha Cuthbert, therefor you have to give avery the nod....

Old
08-01-2007, 12:31 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't want to make too much out of this because it is business. But Avery, someone who makes a name for himself yapping, does need to get a tougher skin and let things roll off his back.
+1. But some guys can dish it out, but not take it. Looks like Sean Avery is one of those.

Old
08-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
But Mike Fisher does not date Elisha Cuthbert, therefor you have to give avery the nod....
No but he did do amazing things for young Elgin.... Fisher is a superb human being no matter who he cuddles up to at night.

Old
08-01-2007, 01:03 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Unfortunately Mike Fisher is not available ....so

Avery it is.

Tomorrow we will know. Lets hope this all just comes together and everyone makes nice. All this pretend drama..........

08-01-2007, 05:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sometime today

Old
08-01-2007, 05:23 AM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I can't believe al the posters on here that forget Avery's recent past. If he was so good why was he bounced out of Detroit and L.A.?
Matt Schneider?

Old
08-01-2007, 05:24 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sometime today
This day could be very important for our season.
Is there any scenario where Sather walks away from the decision guys?

I think if the money is do-able cap wise Sather will take him on for the year no matter what's gone on. Sather, even if he doesnt plan with someone likes to stock pile assets, so even if he's not happy... he'd rather trade Avery away even for a low pick than let him walk.... its why alof of the mdeia were surprised that he let Rachunek walk.

lets hope it doesnt come to that!

Old
08-01-2007, 06:24 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'd love to hear the story of why Avery was bounced out of Detroit. please, go on.
Obviously you didn't read Shannahan's comments when there wa stalk about the NYRs talking about acquiring Avery. His motor mouth turned many a RedWing Vet off. He came across as immature, something that continues to this day, see his leak to the press, which under the terms of the CBA he might have violated.

He is a typical bully, don't do to him that he does to you, or he'll go tell his mommy. Punk.

Old
08-01-2007, 07:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Avery's actions and comments have really improved his chances of signing a long term contract with the Rangers.If you were to write a book on how to piss off your employer,Avery could take up two chapters.This ****ing guy is too much.Why would the Rangers want anything more than a 1 year contract for Avery?Shanahan won't be around forever to babysit him and keep him in line

Love reading this kind of ****

Quote:
With the botched handling of Avery's arbitration hearing, the team's locker room chemistry is now in serious danger. As a result, what once looked to be an incredibly successful off-season for the Blueshirts has now been marred with some very real concerns.
http://www.nysun.com/article/59593?page_no=3

And why is that?Who leaked the document?Who made this an issue?Who filed for arbitration?Who loves to call out other players,broadcasters and refs but can't take it?

Old
08-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Levitate

What the hell is the NY Sun?

And perhaps more importantly, what the hell are some of you doing up at 5am posting on this board?

If Avery decides to be a dick this year because of the arbitration stuff, Sather will ship his ass off and that will be that. I don't think the locker room chemistry is that much of a concern yet, but if it is, it'll be dealt with.

I tend to think that Avery is just a hothead and any animosity he retains over this process will be directed at management and not at his teammates and coach.

I've also kind of found locker room chemistry to be one of the more amusing things that fans and reporters talk about, as they're never in the locker rooms to have any about the dynamic.

Old
08-01-2007, 08:45 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Love reading this kind of ****

http://www.nysun.com/article/59593?page_no=3

And why is that?Who leaked the document?Who made this an issue?Who filed for arbitration?Who loves to call out other players,broadcasters and refs but can't take it?
Cmon RB - I look to you for the up to minute breaking news links, but Kevin Greenstein? Seems as Mr. Greenstein has a common theme in all of his articles: excessive drama.

08-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Richard Park 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

And perhaps more importantly, what the hell are some of you doing up at 5am posting on this board?

If Avery decides to be a dick this year because of the arbitration stuff, Sather will ship his ass off and that will be that. I don't think the locker room chemistry is that much of a concern yet, but if it is, it'll be dealt with.

I tend to think that Avery is just a hothead and any animosity he retains over this process will be directed at management and not at his teammates and coach.

I've also kind of found locker room chemistry to be one of the more amusing things that fans and reporters talk about, as they're never in the locker rooms to have any about the dynamic.
What everyone forgets to mention is that no matter what, Avery will be in a contract year, and he will work his ass off to get the contract he wants. If he has to suck it up for one year and be miserable, he'll do it, because he wants his money.

Old
08-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Cmon RB - I look to you for the up to minute breaking news links, but Kevin Greenstein? Seems as Mr. Greenstein has a common theme in all of his articles: excessive drama.
He's a Yenta!

Old
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadge1 View Post
What everyone forgets to mention is that no matter what, Avery will be in a contract year, and he will work his ass off to get the contract he wants. If he has to suck it up for one year and be miserable, he'll do it, because he wants his money.
Bingo!

Old
08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Any minute now...

We should hear the award, no?

Old
08-01-2007, 11:42 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Any minute now...

We should hear the award, no?
How many times are you able to click the refresh button in a single minute? I'm up to 367. I'm going for the record. Wish me luck.

Old
08-01-2007, 11:53 AM
RFAN

Am I missing part of this story? Is the stuff from the Brooks article what the Rangers say about Avery or both the Rangers and the scouting report on him? It seems that some of what is said may have come from his former team, right? He did play most of the year with the Kings, 55 games? Granted the Rangers are repeating it.

Old
08-01-2007, 11:59 AM
jhnyr

I hope the Avery detractors don't start going on about how much they love what he does for us this season.

Hate him now... hate him during the season, too.
You jumped off the Avery bandwagon. Don't be a hypocrite and jump back on when times are good.

Old
08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
From Zipay, yesterday:

Quote:
The arbitrator has until tomorrow [wednesday] evening to rule, and then the Rangers have 48 hours to accept or decline the award, generally a one-year contract. If they don't accept - which appears unlikely unless the award is more than $2 million - Avery would become an unrestricted free agent.

Old
08-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

You cant trade him.
you must play him for the season after arb

Old
08-01-2007, 12:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN View Post
Am I missing part of this story? Is the stuff from the Brooks article what the Rangers say about Avery or both the Rangers and the scouting report on him? It seems that some of what is said may have come from his former team, right? He did play most of the year with the Kings, 55 games? Granted the Rangers are repeating it.
Brooks, Avery or Sather leaked a part of the briefing (or pre briefing) that came fromt he Rangers.

L.A. would have absolutely nothing to do (directly) with the arbitration process between the Rangers and Avery.

In fact, Rodent pointed out this morning that their might be a breach in the CBA rules...

Quote:
12.9.b The parties shall... exchange briefs at least 48 hours before the hearing

This explains how Avery was aware of the Rangers' arguments in time for Larry Brooks' Monday explosion.

Not so clear is how Brooks came to know and publish the information when the CBA also says the following:

12.9.q The parties shall not publicize the substantive aspects of any arbitration proceeding until the decision has been issued.
http://www.hockeyrodent.com/

If Avery went to Brooks with this, there could be fines if the NHL holds true to that rule and there aren't any loopholes.

Old
08-01-2007, 12:39 PM
kdslocum

My only question is what the heck is Avery's agent doing? He had to know that Sather would come out for Bear if it went to arbitration, that is what he is suppose to do under the new CBA. All the agent had to do was push for an agreement before it got this far. Given Avery's history on and off the ice there is no way I would want my client to have a third party determine his pay.

Avery is a great fit for the Rangers and I believe all parties will accept what was said as 'business" and get ready for a run at the CUP!

Old
08-01-2007, 12:44 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

1.9 - i think we can close this thread and all move over to the new one.

Let's go everyone...

Cake is being served!

Closed Thread