HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New Jersey/San Jose proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2007, 10:02 AM
  #26
devilsrock
Registered User
 
devilsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Great Neck, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
To New Jersey:

-Patrick Marleau
-3rd round pick

To San Jose:

-Travis Zajac
-Andy Greene

thoughts?
switch 3rd to 2nd and Green with White and we have a deal.

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
  #27
Hold the Pickles
Registered User
 
Hold the Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 03-K64
Country: United States
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevils3 View Post
Unusually fair trade proposal... that both teams wouldn't do.
Well said. It's at least refreshing to see a decent proposal around here.

good job Passchendaele

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
  #28
Angelo25
 
Angelo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
san jose can get more for marleau

Angelo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
  #29
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo25 View Post
san jose can get more for marleau
Who's going to offer more than a great young player who has Rod Brind'Amour written all over him, in addition to a potential top four d-man, for a soon to be UFA?

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
  #30
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo25 View Post
san jose can get more for marleau
Maybe if they sign him to an extention first. You're not going to get a top 6 forward and a top 4 now, potentially top 2 d-man for a guy that's going to be a UFA in a year.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 03:53 AM
  #31
druncan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: the city
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsrule23 View Post
NO! NO! NO! Horrible deal! Two great guys that are the Devils future for a guy who will walk next season? Wait til next year, let the cap go up, and sign him next season. Enough said.
brilliant idea! instead of trading for him, we'll just sign him when he becomes a free agent next year! that way, we won't have to give up any players.

there is absolutely no possibility that any of the other teams looking to land a top-line center have thought of this! it's practically a done deal.

druncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 08:52 AM
  #32
devilsrock
Registered User
 
devilsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Great Neck, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
to nj: semenov & marleau
to sj: white & elias

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 09:47 AM
  #33
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
To New Jersey:

-Patrick Marleau
-3rd round pick

To San Jose:

-Travis Zajac
-Andy Greene

thoughts?
NJ needs to get younger. They are not going to give up young assets for an older player. They, NJ, have had some recent bad drafts where they got little or no value. They are attempting to rebuild while still maintaining a competitive team. The last thing they need is a trade for a player that could leave after a year. It makes zero sense for them. The alternative is to do the deal and sign Marleau, but for how much and how long? Again, you are trading younger players for an older player who will earn big bucks vs two young players who make far less. Unless you are receiving a world class, top flight player in return, these kind of deals will not happen in the current cap environment. Of course there is always the stupidity index that could come in to play, but I doubt it will happen in this case. Try calling Bobby Clarke and see if Philly will do it.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 11:42 AM
  #34
Esoteric Ubiquity*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Country: Greece
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Try calling Bobby Clarke and see if Philly will do it.
Except Clarke isn't Philly's GM anymore....

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:57 PM
  #35
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
NJ needs to get younger. They are not going to give up young assets for an older player. They, NJ, have had some recent bad drafts where they got little or no value. They are attempting to rebuild while still maintaining a competitive team. The last thing they need is a trade for a player that could leave after a year. It makes zero sense for them. The alternative is to do the deal and sign Marleau, but for how much and how long? Again, you are trading younger players for an older player who will earn big bucks vs two young players who make far less. Unless you are receiving a world class, top flight player in return, these kind of deals will not happen in the current cap environment. Of course there is always the stupidity index that could come in to play, but I doubt it will happen in this case. Try calling Bobby Clarke and see if Philly will do it.
This is a not a good deal for NJ, agreed, but can we stop with the 'NJ needs to get younger BS? They're getting big contributions from players like Zajac and Parise, and will see guys like Clarkson and Pelley make the team this year. Aside from Matvichuk, all of their defenseman are below 30 years of age.

There is no real need to get younger.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 09:19 AM
  #36
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voros19 View Post
This is a not a good deal for NJ, agreed, but can we stop with the 'NJ needs to get younger BS? They're getting big contributions from players like Zajac and Parise, and will see guys like Clarkson and Pelley make the team this year. Aside from Matvichuk, all of their defenseman are below 30 years of age.

There is no real need to get younger.
Pelley & Clarkson are just a different version of Rupp & Rasmussen and for that matter you can toss in Tallackson. None of thos players are what anyone would call offensively talented, they are checkers bottom 6, most likely bottom 3. Zajac & Parise are fine players, no one is arguing that. Ekias is 31 going on 32. Langenbrunner is 32. Brylin is 33 going on 34. Madden is 34. Pandolfo is 32 going on 33. Gionta is 28 and he is the only forward close in age to Zajac & Parise.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 10:29 AM
  #37
deflowd
Registered User
 
deflowd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
the problem with marleau is after this year's free agency frenzy he won't resign for anything less than 7 million a year for 5-8 years probably. so you know he's going the free agency route, especially if you acquire him for just this year. It would not be smart for the Devils to make this trade at all.

With that said value wise it's pretty good, and I am a huge Marleau fan. But I wouldn't make the trade based on the value greene and zajac will give over the next 2-4 years based on their salaries

deflowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 11:09 AM
  #38
Artful_Dodger*
 
Artful_Dodger*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The CLT
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voros19 View Post
How is Zajac only a "quality prospect"? In his first pro season the guy stepped right in and excelled as NJ's second line center. No way I deal him for Marleau straight up even.
*rimshot*

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 07:40 AM
  #39
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
the cap went up by 6 milion + they lost Gomez + they lost Rafalski
vs
they added Zubrus + they added Rachunek


i doubt they'll have cap problems
I would not call it cap problems but here it is: With out Parise and Martin.
http://www.nhlnumbers.com/njd.html

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
  #40
JONESinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by druncan View Post
brilliant idea! instead of trading for him, we'll just sign him when he becomes a free agent next year! that way, we won't have to give up any players.

there is absolutely no possibility that any of the other teams looking to land a top-line center have thought of this! it's practically a done deal.
I agree with what he is saying. The last thing New Jersey can do at this point is get rid of some young talent in order to get marleau and let him walk coem seasons end. As much as I do like marleau, he would deffinitly test the market. If we are going to get young talent either get marleau resigned or go after someone else with a longer contract. I can't think of any of the top of my idea....any thoughts on some players???

JONESinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.