HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie with 2 goals tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 05:03 AM
blah

vCash: 500
If a player has the ability to hold out then how does it fall on Lowe?

Old
01-03-2004, 05:07 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
And what, is Laraque going to hit him with his purse? Laraque isn't that fearsome anymore. He hardly throws down and doesn't intimidate like he used to. He's gone the way of Sandy McCarthy and believes he's a scorer now. His hired gun days are over.

As for the whole Comrie situation and how Lowe should feel about it, well this says it all.

Adam Oates... 16 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Points, -4.
Mike Comrie... 4 GP, 3 G, 2A, 5 Points, +4

Button was a complete moron for dumping Savard for nothing, and he paid for that foul up with his job. We'll see how the Oilers owners feel at the end of the season when the Oilers have had tee times since February and the Flyers are a cup threat with Comrie on their second line? Lowe's job could be on the line, and rightly so.

Well, Georges WILL fight Comrie, but only if MC asks him nicely.

I don't think you can compare the return in the Savard deal to the one Lowe got for Comrie, can you? I mean, it may be a big surprising that he hasn't packaged the Flyers 1st rounder with someone (my fear is it will be Semenov, who will be a good dman for a long time imo) for immediate help, but the return?

Woywitka and a first plus the other stuff towers over what Button got for Savard.

Old
01-03-2004, 06:52 AM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Wishing injury on somebody is the sign of a great fan.
who's asking for injury?

Old
01-03-2004, 07:00 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
We'll see how the Oilers owners feel at the end of the season when the Oilers have had tee times since February and the Flyers are a cup threat with Comrie on their second line? Lowe's job could be on the line, and rightly so.
I think that moustache is leaching you of your common sense.

The Flyers were a threat for the cup before the season ever started, let alone before Comrie even arrive.

I can just see it. A team has Recchi, Leclair, Amonte, Kapanen, Primeau, Handzus and Roenick................but it's going to be Mike Comrie that leads them to a cup.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Allan

Quote:
As for the whole Comrie situation and how Lowe should feel about it, well this says it all.

Button was a complete moron for dumping Savard for nothing, and he paid for that foul up with his job. We'll see how the Oilers owners feel at the end of the season when the Oilers have had tee times since February and the Flyers are a cup threat with Comrie on their second line? Lowe's job could be on the line, and rightly so.
Umm... He didn't trade Comrie for Oates, you know.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:33 AM
The Rage

Quote:
And what, is Laraque going to hit him with his purse? Laraque isn't that fearsome anymore. He hardly throws down and doesn't intimidate like he used to. He's gone the way of Sandy McCarthy and believes he's a scorer now. His hired gun days are over.

If Laraque thinks his hired gun days are over, then he'll soon be out of the NHL. Eventually he's going to undertstand that, in my opinion. And it would be wrong to say that Laraque "isn't that fearsome." He still fights whenever someone asks him to go, and he can still pummel anyone. His problem is that he's too afraid of getting penalties. I would be too if my team had a PK that at one point was 10% worse than the worst PK last year.

As for the Comrie deal, OF COURSE we lost it. But we didn't have any other option but to take that deal. Comrie put us in a difficult situation because he demanded to go to "a bigger pond." Nobody was offering anythin good because they knew we had tp trade him. Considering the circumstances, Lowe did a good job. Listen, you have to look at the big picture, including all the various circumstances. If you ignore those, you can spin a particular topic anyway you want and what you're saying has no credibility

Old
01-03-2004, 08:41 AM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Sure 'lil Mike is starting off with a bang but when it comes down to the stretch look for a Hitchcock/Comrie confrontation. We all know that MC's strong point is offence and has a hard time to decifer the defensive game.
Watch for Hitch to be on Comries butt. (ie: Roenick) He will call him a few names, he will phone his daddy and the whole cycle will start again. Didn't the whole "trade me Lowe you moron" routine start when McTavish or Lowe? said Mike didn't play good enough in the playoffs? Well we all know Hitch is a grinder and he is defense first. Mike will once again sob and ask for a trade the moment Hitch gets on his butt.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
look for a Hitchcock/Comrie confrontation
Or even worse, a Clarke/Comrie confrontation.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Umm... He didn't trade Comrie for Oates, you know.
Gee, really? I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the fact that choices were made in personnel decisions have no bearing on this discussion. A number one center was brought in over another number one center (for the Oilers anyway).

Lowe actively made decisions that drove bigger and bigger wedges between the Oilers and the Comrie camp. The signing of Oates was one of them and was extremely insulting. With that signing Lowe essentially said, "We've got our number one center in he short term Mike, you can twist in the wind." The comparison will remain valid because Edmonton brought in Oates to replace Comrie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Umm... The Flyers were a threat for the cup before the season ever started, let alone before Comrie even arrive.

I can just see it. A team has Recchi, Leclair, Amonte, Kapanen, Primeau, Handzus and Roenick................but it's going to be Mike Comrie that leads them to a cup..
The point is not that Comrie is support player, but the fact that he will likely still be playing and contributing to a team going for a cup. Its bad enough to see a former favorite son skating with another team (the bitterness about this fact is extremely evident with Oiler fans) but its even more bitter when he goes on to have greater success with another team. If the Flyers get into a position where they are on the tube every night during the playoffs it will be an awful bitter pill for the Edmonton fans to swallow as Comrie is out there still playing, while the team he abandoned is partaking in off season distractions. Those are things that really piss fans off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
I don't think you can compare the return in the Savard deal to the one Lowe got for Comrie, can you? I mean, it may be a big surprising that he hasn't packaged the Flyers 1st rounder with someone (my fear is it will be Semenov, who will be a good dman for a long time imo) for immediate help, but the return?

Woywitka and a first plus the other stuff towers over what Button got for Savard.
Not the point. What Calgary got for Savard is really irrelevant. The only thing that matter is what the expectations of ownership is and whether Lowe manages to attain those expectations. If the playoffs and playoff money were an expectation then Lowe could be dead in the water. If Lowe promised ownership that he would get a good return for Comrie (which he didn't) then Lowe could be dead in the water. If the best argument that Lowe has in keeping his job is that he got a better return than Craig Button did in making a trade, then he better sharpen up that resume and start looking around for a new job now, because that's where the guy who he's comparing himself ended up (rightly so).

Old
01-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Oilers Hockey

Lanny, you are really grasping at straws as usual. Bashing Oiler fans for being "bitter" just proves you'd rather stupidly troll in lieu of facts. Comparing Oates and Comries stats proves nothing. You've proved nothing; other than the fact that if you had half a brain you'd still be retarded.

eta: btw the we're all looking forward to your "Stop drinking Kool aid" bull that you usually resort to when you're backed into corner.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Lanny, you are really grasping at straws as usual. Bashing Oiler fans for being "bitter" just proves you'd rather stupidly troll in lieu of facts. Comparing Oates and Comries stats proves nothing. You've proved nothing; other than the fact that if you had half a brain you'd still be retarded.

eta: btw the we're all looking forward to your "Stop drinking Kool aid" bull that you usually resort to when you're backed into corner.
Wow, you sure told me you little retard. Way to come at me with a brilliant defense. Just like all your other ********. Nothing to back it up. Where are all of your facts??? I told you that you would get a minimal return for Comrie, and you did. I told you the Oilers would suffer from all the personell changes, and they have. But you have stood there, like a whiny little school girl, and cried instead of actually trying to pick apart any of the points. Nice. That's why the kool aid comes out. You're a brain washed little cult member who just falls into line with what ever comes out of the Oilers front office. Sad.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:00 AM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Exactly, Clarke will feel like he's going through another version of Lindros again.....only this time, a "mini me" version of Lindros

Old
01-03-2004, 09:08 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Geez, Lanny. "little retard"?

If Briere and Savard were the benchmarks for Comrie's value around the league, as you kept insisting they were, then you have to agree that Lowe made out like a bandit, right?

What is this fiction about the Oates signing being the wedge that drove Comrie out of town? The situation was clearly beyond repair by that point. Oh, maybe Comrie would have come back if they hadn't hired Oates. Oh, maybe Mikey would have signed if they hadn't sent him away from trading camp. Your earlier take made a lot more sense: maybe Mikey would have signed if they'd ponied up the $4-5 million he hoped he could strong-arm out of the team.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Wow, you sure told me you little retard.

Lanny, you're always welcome on the Oilers board, and I appreciate your input. Can we keep this sort of thing out of it?

Thanks.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
You've proved nothing; other than the fact that if you had half a brain you'd still be retarded.

Always appreciate your comments, hemskyfan. But wherever the line is, this is beyond it.

Can we keep this sort of thing from our board?

Thanks.

Old
Lanny MacDonald*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Lanny, you're always welcome on the Oilers board, and I appreciate your input. Can we keep this sort of thing out of it?

Thanks.
Sure, as long as you keep the dufi like Hemskyfan on a leash. Where the hell did I say anything that could be construed as being trollish in nature. And if the little puke is going to hammer me on presenting facts, should he not present some himself? You want to tighten the moderation of the forum, then do it fairly.

Old
Oilers Hockey

Lanny all the facts you need are in this thread. What was I supposed to do, reword what they posted for you? Do you need a novel to have something proved to you? Are you the kind of troll that resorts to making long posts about absolutely nothing in a pathetic attempt to disguise your trolling as some kind of gospel? Please. The only onehere who comes across as BITTER is YOU. Photoshop your avatar so it has a green face.

Ok lowetide, I apologize, but I am tired of Lanny's blatant attempts to cover up his "facts" with construed stats of another player which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:19 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Wow, you sure told me you little retard. Way to come at me with a brilliant defense. Just like all your other ********. Nothing to back it up. Where are all of your facts??? I told you that you would get a minimal return for Comrie, and you did. I told you the Oilers would suffer from all the personell changes, and they have. But you have stood there, like a whiny little school girl, and cried instead of actually trying to pick apart any of the points. Nice. That's why the kool aid comes out. You're a brain washed little cult member who just falls into line with what ever comes out of the Oilers front office. Sad.
Little retard? Only the weak of mind have to resort to such childish name calling. Your points have already been picked apart. Let's summarize:
Point one: Oilers got jacked on the Comrie trade. Great observation [/sarcasm]. Everyone here knows that, but we also know we couldn't have got anything more, and Lowe did a good job considering the circumstances.
Point two: The Oates signing exacerbated the Comrie situation. No it didn't. Your saying that proves your ignorance of the situation. Comrie said there was no chance of coming back even before the Oates signing.
Why are you commenting on this if you don't know the facts?

Old
01-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Lowetide

Thread closed. Have a nice day everyone.

Closed Thread