HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone gettin nervous about Leetch Night?

Old
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Well, some people expecting the number 2 to be retired at this ceremony. I am not one of those people, and therefore, I'm not sure what the point of the ceremony is.

I don't necessarily think Leetch's # shouldn't be retired, I just don't get the feeling that the organization holds him in the same light as Messier or Richter. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that 11 and 35 would be retired, but there have been debates here about 2 and 9 for a while. If this isn't a "slam dunk" retirement, I can't see the organization rushing to get the number into the rafters 3 months after he hung them up.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Well, some people expecting the number 2 to be retired at this ceremony. I am not one of those people, and therefore, I'm not sure what the point of the ceremony is.

I don't necessarily think Leetch's # shouldn't be retired, I just don't get the feeling that the organization holds him in the same light as Messier or Richter. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that 11 and 35 would be retired, but there have been debates here about 2 and 9 for a while. If this isn't a "slam dunk" retirement, I can't see the organization rushing to get the number into the rafters 3 months after he hung them up.
Mess was a lock. Never felt that Richter was a lock. To me Leetch should be more of a lock than either of the two.

08-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Nich

eh i think there is a big difference between leetch and graves. leetch is hard to debate, true there are others such as park that deserve it, but i can him getting it pretty easily.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

1129 games (2nd All-Time\2nd Defensemen)
240 goals (9th All-Time\1st Defensemen)
741 assists (1st All-Time\1st Defensemen)
981 points (2nd All-Time\1st Defensemen)

NHL Awards:
Stanley Cup Champion
Conn Smythe Winner 1x
Norris Trophy Winner 2x
Calder Trophy Winner

Team Awards:
Frank Boucher Trophy 1x \ "Most popular player on and off the ice."
Ceil Saidel Memorial Trophy 2x \ "For dedication to the organization on and off the ice."
Steven McDonald Award 1x \ "For the player that goes above and beyond the call of duty."
Rangers Good Guy Award 1x \ "Cooperation with Media"
Rangers MVP 6x
Players' Player Award 4x
"Crumb Bum" Award 1x \ "For service to New York youngsters"
3 Year Captain

I think that resume is worthy of retirement, more so than Richter or Messier IMO.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote