HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Audette?

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 05:50 PM
topshelf331

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Audette?

Since he has been bought out and is now a UFA. IF we could get him cheaply for the rest of the season. Would he be worth a stab at seeing if he could gel and be the winger for weight or cajanek? We wouldnt have to give up anything to get him. It has been 3 seasons since he has been a legitimate threat. But those seasons were pent on a montreal team after being tossed around byt he sabres and stars. He has proven he can be a finnisher, but is the magic gone or has he had no one to compliment his shot? Again, the price would have to be right, what do you guys think? Whats his rep? Do you think we could get him for well under a million, on a 1/2 year contract?

Old
01-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Habsfool

you can probably get him for 700 k

but trust me he is not the guy you have seen in atlanta

Old
01-02-2004, 11:06 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Since he has been bought out and is now a UFA. IF we could get him cheaply for the rest of the season. Would he be worth a stab at seeing if he could gel and be the winger for weight or cajanek? We wouldnt have to give up anything to get him. It has been 3 seasons since he has been a legitimate threat. But those seasons were pent on a montreal team after being tossed around byt he sabres and stars. He has proven he can be a finnisher, but is the magic gone or has he had no one to compliment his shot? Again, the price would have to be right, what do you guys think? Whats his rep? Do you think we could get him for well under a million, on a 1/2 year contract?
I'd rather have Randy McKay.

Old
01-02-2004, 11:12 PM
DrHockeyMD

I'd rather have Audette. We wouldn't have to wait for him to condition. I think a change of scenery could do the trick for him.. especially while we seem to get hurt every other game. I think he could come to us for $700k at the most.. he knows no one wants to take a risk on him.

Old
01-03-2004, 12:30 AM
c-carp

I would pass on Audette, I think we should see how Bogy plays and keep our eyes out for something better. As strange as this is going to seem because he is playing Horrible right now, Possibly if Dallas continues to slide we could get Scott Young back. Maybe the change of senery could do him good?

Old
01-03-2004, 02:23 AM
jeff962b
Respect Demitra

Send a message via AIM to jeff962b
Yell at me, curse me, call me a jackof.......................nevermind...

We are a pure sniper away. Trust me I know they don't grow on tree's. But if Bondra is available. Go for it. C-Carp = Young is a very interesting option as well. Audette, eh, please take no offense but...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Call me nuts, but I would like to snatch up Curtis Brown or a more pricey and I know not cheap Marco Sturm. Yeah yeah I know they aren't pure goal scores. But I like the room/attention they possibly could create. Hell I'd take Battaglia. And I bet Wash would hand him over for a very late pick.

Battaglia / Brown - OR - Heerema / Martins, Low, Yablonski, McLean

IMO an easy call.

Am I crazy?

Old
01-03-2004, 03:32 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b

We are a pure sniper away. Trust me I know they don't grow on tree's. But if Bondra is available. Go for it. C-Carp = Young is a very interesting option as well. Audette, eh, please take no offense but...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Call me nuts, but I would like to snatch up Curtis Brown or a more pricey and I know not cheap Marco Sturm. Yeah yeah I know they aren't pure goal scores. But I like the room/attention they possibly could create. Hell I'd take Battaglia. And I bet Wash would hand him over for a very late pick.

IMO an easy call.

Am I crazy?
I think Bondra will be moved later in the year if Washington continues to stink up the joint.

I have always liked Curtis Brown, but we have a glut of centers?

The Sharks are playing better Sterm is probably staying put.

Old
01-03-2004, 03:50 AM
Felix

Send a message via ICQ to Felix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b

IMO an easy call.

Am I crazy?
No, you are not.
But I'd not like to have Bondra - not because I don't like him, but because we'd have to pay him 4-5 million after this season if we want to retain him. If we let him go - then assets are wasted (of course, if only Blues wi the Cup this summer ).
My point was and is now: get a decent player who can score, play two-way game and is not UFA after this season. He could be the guy for future and we could retain him with only 10% increase. I like your idea of getting Sturm (only 2 mil this season).
But I'm advocate of Parrish (only 2,350 mil) - again on pace for 30 goals. Plays disciplined two-way game. I think that he could fit Q's defensive system very well.
The problem is Islanders and Sharks are in hunt for a playoff spot...

Old
01-03-2004, 01:00 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix
No, you are not.
But I'd not like to have Bondra - not because I don't like him, but because we'd have to pay him 4-5 million after this season if we want to retain him. If we let him go - then assets are wasted (of course, if only Blues wi the Cup this summer ).
My point was and is now: get a decent player who can score, play two-way game and is not UFA after this season. He could be the guy for future and we could retain him with only 10% increase. I like your idea of getting Sturm (only 2 mil this season).
But I'm advocate of Parrish (only 2,350 mil) - again on pace for 30 goals. Plays disciplined two-way game. I think that he could fit Q's defensive system very well.
The problem is Islanders and Sharks are in hunt for a playoff spot...
I think I saw on the TSN sports ticker this morning while watching Canada vs Czech Republic that parrish is out for wuite a while with an ankle injury? He would be a great option if healthy though.

Old
01-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Epoch

Meh,I wouldn't pick up Audette if I were the Blues GM.

I'd take McKay over Audette aswell.

Old
01-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
McKay retired.

Audette is done.

The Blues can do so much better than those two.

Old
01-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
McKay retired.
Did he retire?

So much for that....

Old
01-04-2004, 05:35 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
McKay retired.

Audette is done.

The Blues can do so much better than those two.
"WHOOSH!" (or other equivalent sound of a joke going over someone's head)

Closed Thread