HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBS Sportsline mid summer report card

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2007, 06:27 AM
missK

vCash: 500
CBS Sportsline mid summer report card

Article about the Southeast is out, talking about kicking a dead horse. Dear Media - it's time to move on and forget about the trio, they are here to stay.

Quote:
Tampa Bay Lightning
The biggest question surrounding the Lightning this offseason has been whether the organization will bite the bullet and move one of its big three. Tampa Bay has half its payroll tied up in Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards and Martin St. Louis, forwards whose elite talents were unable to keep some of the lineup's other shortcomings from being exposed at playoff time.

For obvious reasons, Lightning GM Jay Feaster has been reluctant to move any one of the trio to this point, which has made it difficult for him to maneuver since free-agent season opened this summer. The Lightning did manage to repatriate veteran defenseman Brad Lukowich and add depth forwards Chris Gratton and Michel Ouellet at manageable prices, but they lost blue liner Cory Sarich and forwards Ruslan Fedotenko and Eric Perrin on the open market.

Like Atlanta, Tampa Bay is counting on some less expensive young players to step up next season, and the Lightning are hoping goalie Johan Holmqvist can really be the No. 1 stopper they have lacked since Nikolai Khabibulin left. Holmqvist showed flashes of brilliance in the second half and at times during the playoffs, just not enough to put an end to all the team's concerns.
CBSSportsline.com

Old
07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
broad

We could take one of them off your hands for say...Brashear

Old
07-27-2007, 11:45 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Not that I care, but why the C minus? I actually think Feaster has had a decent offseason. Maybe not an A/B offseason but a solid C to C+. Atlanta gets a C though for adding Zhitnik.

Old
07-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
If Holmer, Denis, or even Ramo for that matter can stop more then 8/10 shots a game and Oulette proves to be a good match with Ritchie there is no reason we cannot win the SE again at the very least.

Old
07-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Article about the Southeast is out, talking about kicking a dead horse. Dear Media - it's time to move on and forget about the trio, they are here to stay.
Vinny to MTL for the love of the city

Marty to San Jose and they'll call us later to let us know what they can scrape up for us

Richards to the Rangers for a new truck to transport equipment

Old
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_xen0 View Post
If Holmer, Denis, or even Ramo for that matter can stop more then 8/10 shots a game and Oulette proves to be a good match with Ritchie there is no reason we cannot win the SE again at the very least.
I suggest you bookmark this post because if Tampa wins the SE this season you will have some major bragging rights.

Old
07-30-2007, 06:06 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctheory View Post
Vinny to MTL for the love of the city

Marty to San Jose and they'll call us later to let us know what they can scrape up for us

Richards to the Rangers for a new truck to transport equipment
Niiiiiiice.

So it isn't just me that wants to get on top of the SPTF with a megaphone...

ATTENTION MONTREAL...YOU CAN'T HAVE VL4. NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO...wait, you'll give us pastries? We'll...uh...WE'LL THINK ABOUT IT.

Old
07-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Twitch Tabitha View Post
Niiiiiiice.

So it isn't just me that wants to get on top of the SPTF with a megaphone...

ATTENTION MONTREAL...YOU CAN'T HAVE VL4. NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO...wait, you'll give us pastries? We'll...uh...WE'LL THINK ABOUT IT.
You know, it's funny too because my girl is from Montreal, and I have a lot of friends from Montreal and Quebec City, and so many of them have this idea that every Quebec born player will one day just stop and go, "Oh ****, my whole career i've been wasting away winning with other teams... quick, pack my things, i'm going back to Montreal!"

More Montreal-ers though, than people from QC. Many from QC are still bitter about the Nordiques.

Sorry, did I just make sense?

Vinny to Edmonton for new cameras for sun sports

Richards to Toronto for a fishing boat

Marty to Calgary for a new pair of shoooooooooooooooooooooes

Old
07-31-2007, 09:02 AM
Bolto
?

Denis to the Devil Rays for Dioner Navarro.

Old
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Quote:
You know, it's funny too because my girl is from Montreal, and I have a lot of friends from Montreal and Quebec City, and so many of them have this idea that every Quebec born player will one day just stop and go, "Oh ****, my whole career i've been wasting away winning with other teams... quick, pack my things, i'm going back to Montreal!"

More Montreal-ers though, than people from QC. Many from QC are still bitter about the Nordiques.
And if they *gasp* decide they want to play somewhere else or have the nerve to look like they enjoy playing for a team other than Montreal, it's treason. The world is bigger than 1 province.

Dude, I'm still bitter on behalf of the Nordiques. I mean, wouldn't you be pissed if your team leaves and the wins the cup the very next year?

However, kids, it's called Fiscal Reality

Old
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Titan124

Quote:

Sorry, did I just make sense?

Vinny to Edmonton for new cameras for sun sports

Richards to Toronto for a fishing boat

Marty to Calgary for a new pair of shoooooooooooooooooooooes

I've got the same exact impression from ever habs fan I've ever encountered. Apparentely Crosby will wind up a hab too, because he was a fan of them as a kid, and we all know that all players play for their childhood favorites.

Old
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanHill View Post
I've got the same exact impression from ever habs fan I've ever encountered. Apparentely Crosby will wind up a hab too, because he was a fan of them as a kid, and we all know that all players play for their childhood favorites.
They're going to form a superteam of all the greatest french canadian players to ever play the game.

Then they'll all pile into a van and solve ghost mysteries or something.

Old
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanHill View Post
Which means VL4 will play for the Habs...or the Red Wings...or the Penguins...?

Quote:
They're going to form a superteam of all the greatest french canadian players to ever play the game.

Then they'll all pile into a van and solve ghost mysteries or something.
But the greatest french canadian players ever are all too old or dead.

Old
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
KINgGh0sT

I really love Tampa (Not as much as my leafs) But I believe the C is deserved, Tampa hasnt done anything this off-season, and to be fair they havent been able to. Their cap space is tied in big name players, but they need to be. I fear if they lose any of the three the team will go down even further then they are now. What they need to do is shore up some goaltending, and get some young guns in and they should be good for a medium-low playoff spot.

Old
08-03-2007, 03:46 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Not being sarcastic, but all for the low, low price of...? I'm asking your opinion (and for more data -- MORE DATA!).

Closed Thread