HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atl-LA Proposal

Old
07-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
Did you not at all see what players got last year as pending UFAs?

No veteran has more value at any point during a year than at the deadline. I don't know where you picked up otherwise.
There was only one trade that netted a big return for an impending UFA really and that's the Smyth deal.

My point is, no team is going to give a up a 24 year old 80 point producing forward for an impending UFA at the deadline like they would before the season starts. Sure kids like O'Marra and Nilsson are nice, but are they better than a proven NHL'er like Cammalleri?

What are the Thrashers going to do, try and keep Kovalchuk from hitting UFA status until O'Marra and Nilsson are stars? Could be years from now.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 03:17 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37 View Post
Oh, the least likely scenario.

Of course, Hossa with a long term deal gains considerably in value and we can start including the name Kopitar in these offers.

But, after looking at Hossa's track record of holding out and the way he was unceremoniously shipped out of Ottawa over money, I am certain Hossa will be a UFA next summer. Considering him as anything more than a rental is not really worthwhile or realistic.
Yes, I as much said that when I said it makes the deal much more complicated.

It's ok we'll trade Cammalleri to another team for a younger, less expensive player or two and wait to spend our money on a UFA after next season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 03:20 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

I want to keep Brown.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 03:31 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
There was only one trade that netted a big return for an impending UFA really and that's the Smyth deal.
And even in that deal, nobody got an 80+ point scorer. Edmonton got a bunch of guys with potential, but that's what it is. Potential. Not the reality of Cammalleri's PPG scoring.

The guy can score 100 points and it would really piss me off to see him moved with anything else for Hossa or any other non-goalie due to hit UFA status next year. Hossa's better than Cammalleri, but he's also an impending UFA. Hard to make that move when you don't know if the guy will stay. On top of that, Hossa's not that missing piece this team is in need of.

Getting a goaltender needs to be first priority. Us as Kings fans can talk up LaBarbera all we want, but the fact of the matter is that this guy is as unproven as an NHL goaltender as it gets. He played well in the AHL and he played well for about 10 games before he had some personal problems. Whoop-dee-doo.

Trading Cammalleri+ for Hossa doesn't fix this problem in the least, it uses the pieces that could be used to acquire a proven goaltender on something the team really doesn't need. Waiting on the FA market to provide for our team is stupid as well, the players actually worth signing at the high contract that seems to be commonplace in this league don't hit the open market. Scoring is definitely not going to be the Kings problem. Goaltending is. Can't give up 4-5 goals every game and expect to compete.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 07-30-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektovanek View Post
Too much for 1 year of Hossa.
This was my first reaction.

Especially for a team that's not loong to go deep in the playoffs, but is more in rebuilding mode.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Askel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Forsberg was a big return as well.

Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 09:01 AM
DG

Quote:
Well, if you compare what you would imagine Tkachuk's value that to be to what the Thrashers paid for him, I'd say that the Blues did pretty well on that trade.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 10:23 PM
HOCKEY4TC

Send a message via AIM to HOCKEY4TC Send a message via MSN to HOCKEY4TC Send a message via Yahoo to HOCKEY4TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Cammlleri for Hossa straight across should be more than fair for either team.

Hossa is clearly the better player at this time(and might always will be) so why is this fair? Well, the only way Atlanta looks to trade Hossa is that if contract negotiations have not gone well, and Hossa is not looking to re-up in Atlanta.

Why LA does this deal:
LA actually takes a risk in this deal which offsets the value between the two players; risking that Hossa may walk at the end of the season. However, perhaps the personnel that the Kings have brought in will be enough to entice him to stay. With Hossa they have another big body to put on Kopitar's wing.

Why Atlanta does this deal:
They get player who will not hit UFA status for another two years, plays center(for Kovy), and who has not hit his ceiling yet.

I could not agree more. Cammy has 1 good year on a bad team and he thinks he should get 5mill a season... No freakin way!!! Trade him...

HOCKEY4TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Martyros

i wouldn't laugh out loud but i would chuckle a little bit if cammi doesn't even reach the 50 point mark this coming season after scoring 80 the past season......

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 10:58 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKEY4TC View Post
I could not agree more. Cammy has 1 good year on a bad team and he thinks he should get 5mill a season... No freakin way!!! Trade him...
That 1 good year had him top 30 in scoring, just under PPG production, with only 5 guys younger than him ahead of him in scoring. Only one had little offensive help and that was Ovechkin. Considering guy that are int he same age range are getting 4-4.5 , its very reasonable for him to ask for 5 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyros View Post
i wouldn't laugh out loud but i would chuckle a little bit if cammi doesn't even reach the 50 point mark this coming season after scoring 80 the past season......
Mart do you think hes going to regress that much? Hes shown improvement every year hes played and is a huge part of the core.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

My point is, no team is going to give a up a 24 year old 80 point producing forward for an impending UFA at the deadline like they would before the season starts. Sure kids like O'Marra and Nilsson are nice, but are they better than a proven NHL'er like Cammalleri?

What are the Thrashers going to do, try and keep Kovalchuk from hitting UFA status until O'Marra and Nilsson are stars? Could be years from now.

I'll disagree. Parent and a 1st was very nice return for Forsberg. I'd say that is a nicer packaged than EDM got, in fact. Parent is an elite prospect, Nilsson and O'Marra are not.

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Fatchuk was pretty nice too.

There were quite a few stupid GMs who gave up hefty value for impending UFAs.

07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Wow!!! I I believe you will get a dial tone in the middle of your negotiations with Atlanta or anyone in their right mind. I am sorry but...
Later on they'll reveal that they're doing a survey for 99X...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote