Kunitz

Old
07-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I love how far we've come in a year. This time last year many people were high on the re-signing of Stan Chistov and saying Kunitz is a third-liner at best. This thread is satisfying to say the least.
Alright Joe, I'll hand it to you. Nice call on Kunie.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN View Post
Be careful on how much you devalue Penner because more than likely, come Friday morning, he'll still be a Duck!
We're not devaluing him we are telling you, as fans who have watched him all the time what he is.

We aknowledge his potential and current ability
but we know his flaws

I'm one of his biggest fans here but this is a tough decision, in my mind I flip flop on it a bit so in that sense I guess Iwon't be really disappointed either way.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 11:47 PM
BowDown2Chistov

Send a message via AIM to BowDown2Chistov
Quote:
I love how far we've come in a year. This time last year many people were high on the re-signing of Stan Chistov and saying Kunitz is a third-liner at best. This thread is satisfying to say the least.
Im pretty sure I was the only one..... He looked so improved in his russian games. I thought He would translate that to our game but I guess he didnt, I hope he can alteast get 10:00mins a game this season as he really sat last year in boston. Im still not sold on kunitz being a 1st line player, I think its just a case of lack of lw pressence I dont think hes keeps his first line status with todd.

BowDown2Chistov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Pwnasaurus

I kinda thought Chistov would play well in the new NHL.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 09:07 AM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akingnomore07 View Post
You need a chill pill man. That's just my opinion, not the world's
I'm 'chill'. Your opinion was wrong.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
Coming into the NHL Perry was supposed to be the "good" one between him and Getzlaf.
By whose standard? Yours?

If the Ducks thought more highly of Perry than Getzlaf, they would have taken Perry at #19 instead of Getzlaf. And although Perry had a great year during his last year in Juniors and Getzlaf had a difficult year, including losing his "C" with the Hitman, it was Getzlaf who was named to the Canadian WJC team while Perry was added only at the last minute. Perry may turn out to be the higher scorer of the two, but the Ducks have always ranked Getzlaf as the higher prospect and better all-around player as well as the leader of their young guys.

Last edited by arinkrat*: 07-31-2007 at 09:59 AM.
arinkrat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 10:39 AM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by arinkrat View Post
By whose standard? Yours?

If the Ducks thought more highly of Perry than Getzlaf, they would have taken Perry at #19 instead of Getzlaf. And although Perry had a great year during his last year in Juniors and Getzlaf had a difficult year, including losing his "C" with the Hitman, it was Getzlaf who was named to the Canadian WJC team while Perry was added only at the last minute. Perry may turn out to be the higher scorer of the two, but the Ducks have always ranked Getzlaf as the higher prospect and better all-around player as well as the leader of their young guys.
Sorry, by the "good" one I meant offensive upside. Getzlaf was supposed to be more of a grinder. He's sure come into his own (offensivly speaking) in the NHL though.

Old
07-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
I'm 'chill'. Your opinion was wrong.
No...It wasnt.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post
No...It wasnt.

Yes...it was.

Kunitz is irreplaceable and the glue that holds together Selanne and McD? Like I said before, get real.

Old
07-31-2007, 03:15 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown2Chistov View Post
Im still not sold on kunitz being a 1st line player, I think its just a case of lack of lw pressence I dont think hes keeps his first line status with todd.
You are still not sold on Kunitz? What else do you want the guy to prove? Granted he is not a stellar first liner, but he deserves that spot and does a pretty good job in the first line.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Yes...it was.

Kunitz is irreplaceable and the glue that holds together Selanne and McD? Like I said before, get real.

I agree about him being irreplaceable. Theres no one in the league with his intensity and skillset together, let alone his current price. Irreplaceable, yes.

The glue with andymac and Teemu may be a stretch, but he is probably the only one fast enough to keep up with those two and he provides the big hits that keep the puck in the zone so Teemu and Andy can rack up their points. So yes, I can see his point there too.

Old
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
Yes...it was.

It doesn't matter if I'm wrong or not because I'm entitled to my own opinion and so are you. I don't know how it works in Canada, but that's how things work in the U.S. You really need to relax man Afterall, we're both rooting for the same team

Akingnomore07* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post
I agree about him being irreplaceable. Theres no one in the league with his intensity and skillset together, let alone his current price. Irreplaceable, yes.

The glue with andymac and Teemu may be a stretch, but he is probably the only one fast enough to keep up with those two and he provides the big hits that keep the puck in the zone so Teemu and Andy can rack up their points. So yes, I can see his point there too.
Well, at least there's someone out there that agrees with me

Old
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Akingnomore07*

This is a question for everyone...

Do you know any other players that are 6'0 or under that can forecheck as much and produce as many points that Kunitz has?

Old
07-31-2007, 04:34 PM
abax44

Quote:
It doesn't matter if I'm wrong or not because I'm entitled to my own opinion and so are you. I don't know how it works in Canada, but that's how things work in the U.S. You really need to relax man Afterall, we're both rooting for the same team
There's freedom of speech in the US? Really?

Again, I am quite relaxed. When did "get real" begin to imply someone was all uppity?

Old
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
There's freedom of speech in the US? Really?

Again, I am quite relaxed. When did "get real" begin to imply someone was all uppity?
I believe it's found in the first amendment. I could be wrong

Old
07-31-2007, 04:43 PM
abax44

Quote:
I believe it's found in the first amendment. I could be wrong
My post may have contained some sarcasm. I could be wrong.

Old
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Akingnomore07*

Quote:
My post may have contained some sarcasm. I could be wrong.

I know

Old
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
BowDown2Chistov

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
You are still not sold on Kunitz? What else do you want the guy to prove? Granted he is not a stellar first liner, but he deserves that spot and does a pretty good job in the first line.
It has nothing to do with weather he deserves it or not but I just feel the only reason why hes on the first line is because we dont have another lw that can skate with mac and temmu.

Old
07-31-2007, 07:08 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
It has nothing to do with weather he deserves it or not but I just feel the only reason why hes on the first line is because we dont have another lw that can skate with mac and temmu.
He performed admirably on one of the best lines in the league. What the hell does it matter why he got the job in the first place?

Or should Chistov been handed the job instead? I could understand that reasoning, since he's been so stellar in Boston.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 07:13 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
. Im still not sold on kunitz being a 1st line player, I think its just a case of lack of lw pressence I dont think hes keeps his first line status with todd.
Todd Bertuzzi is a RW, he was signed to replace Teemu. If Penner leaves than our remaining LW's are Kunie, Moen, May and _____. When Chris got hurt in the playoffs it disrupted the whole forward lines and no one could fill that spot properly (though Marchy did a hell of a job).

If our top line required a better LW, Burkie would have gotten one. There's a reason he didn't.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
That's probably true, but for the difference in points that would make compared to the difference in price it would be to the organization (either in straight salary or salary and assets in a trade), would acquiring a "better" left-wing be worth it? Hey, if Zetterberg wants to sign with the Ducks for 1.5 million, I'm all for sending Kunitz away for nothing. But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Kunitz fits the role well and the team has been successful because of that. He might not be an all star, but he's certainly not an anchor and at the price he comes at, as well as the production he provides, he's more then sufficient for the Ducks needs.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
BowDown2Chistov

Quote:
Todd Bertuzzi is a RW, he was signed to replace Teemu. If Penner leaves than our remaining LW's are Kunie, Moen, May and _____. When Chris got hurt in the playoffs it disrupted the whole forward lines and no one could fill that spot properly (though Marchy did a hell of a job).

If our top line required a better LW, Burkie would have gotten one. There's a reason he didn't.
I never said that kunitz couldent play on the first line, my beef with kunitz is everyone is such a mark for him but I dont understand why, at one point burke put him on waviers then when our line up when to hell we got him back off of waviers. I know hes a good back checker and hustles, his price tag as it stands now makes me understand why hes there too, but like you pointed out moen,may, kunitz??? out of those three kunitz is the only choice for 1lw. Now that that line will have mac todd and kunitz I hope todd can put up temmu numbers cause Kuntiz aint gonna but I know everyone around here does.

Old
07-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
That's probably true, but for the difference in points that would make compared to the difference in price it would be to the organization (either in straight salary or salary and assets in a trade), would acquiring a "better" left-wing be worth it? Hey, if Zetterberg wants to sign with the Ducks for 1.5 million, I'm all for sending Kunitz away for nothing. But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Kunitz fits the role well and the team has been successful because of that. He might not be an all star, but he's certainly not an anchor and at the price he comes at, as well as the production he provides, he's more then sufficient for the Ducks needs.
I really cant think of anyone that can take his place and do as good of a job for the same price. Even double his salary its tough to find anyone.

Old
07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Why do I like Kunitz? Here is one reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3Qv...elated&search=

I can watch this a thousand times...and I have. lol

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote