HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Trade Deadline '08

Old
07-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Johnnybegood13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmingway View Post
July 1st, 2009 - Lowe uses the additional cap space to offer a $6.5m/5yr contract to Dion Phanuef. Oil fans drool over the thought of Pitkannen, Phaneuf, Smid, and Greene. Sutter waits for the full 7 days, and reluctantly matches.

July 11th, 2009 - Kipper signs a 8 year, 60m contract with Edmonton. The evil plan is all coming together
Then Kipper gets depressed in Edmonton and joins the long list of crappy goalies the last 10 years.

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Old Navy Goat

If Buffalo drops out of contention you can expect Kalinin, Campbell, Hecht and Kotalik to all be on the block.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
bagh

Hossa, if the Thrashers can't sign him.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:06 PM
hemmingway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Then Kipper gets depressed in Edmonton and joins the long list of crappy goalies the last 10 years.
That said - I think that Kipper and Phaneuf will be during this season, and that Calgary will be active trying to pick up defensive depth at the trade deadline. Perhaps a player like DeVries, who would be relatively inexpensive.

hemmingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:07 PM
X0ssbar

Fedorov even if the Jackets manage to stay in the hunt.

Foote if the Jackets are out of it.

Vyborny, Chimera and Hainsey are possibilities if we are out of it and they don't resign by the deadline. My guess is that at least two of the above will resign.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:52 PM
pitseleh

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Vancouver will be looking for a top-6 RW come the deadline.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Jorsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmingway View Post
July 1st, 2009 - Lowe uses the additional cap space to offer a $6.5m/5yr contract to Dion Phanuef. Oil fans drool over the thought of Pitkannen, Phaneuf, Smid, and Greene. Sutter waits for the full 7 days, and reluctantly matches.

July 11th, 2009 - Kipper signs a 8 year, 60m contract with Edmonton. The evil plan is all coming together
July 13th, 2009 - Calgary man arrested for the murder of Kevin Lowe.

Jorsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
OntOilFan

Kevin Lowe spends the day leaving messages on GM's cell phones ...

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Lowe deals Stoll at the deadline after being unwilling to fork over the huge cash he wants after witnessing the Vanek and Penner debacles
Why're you always after the Oilers? I feel that you think more about Oilers than Flames.

Stoll will be signed before he becomes RFA.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
who will be available, any predictions?

Impending ufas on lottery teams.

If the Isles miss, I would expect Comrie and Federenko (or however you spells his name) to be sure things. If Hunter only gets a 1 year deal, he will likely be gone as well. I don't completely remember, but I think Martinek will be an UFA next summer as well.

07-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Coloradofan3313

Foote will hopefully be on the market, then Colorado can trade for him and he can play with finger

also Theo will always be on the market in my books

Coloradofan3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 06:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Phoenix:

Any or all of Jovanovski, Doan, Morris, Boynton, Reinprecht, and Aebischer could be available.

As for predictions, I'd say that Doan would probably end up in either Vancouver or Edmonton, if he were to be dealt. If Edmonton loses a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Penner, than I'd lean towards Vancouver on that prediction, otherwise I'd say Edmonton has more young players and prospects that Phoenix would likely be interested in. I'm not saying that Phoenix will likely trade Doan, but if guys like Mueller, Hanzal, Wheeler, and Turris have great years, and we're headed for another lotto pick, than I could definately see it. I couldn't really guess where any of the other guys might end up. I just figured that if the Coyotes do deal Doan, they might do him the favor (plus he has a NMC) of shipping him to Western Canada, and I don't see Calgary having a ton of interest because they've already got Iginla down the starboard side.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
fcpremix88

Hopefully the Blues will be in contention and will GET rent-a-players instead of distributing them.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Payaso619*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Any or all of Jovanovski, Doan, Morris, Boynton, Reinprecht, and Aebischer could be available.

As for predictions, I'd say that Doan would probably end up in either Vancouver or Edmonton, if he were to be dealt. If Edmonton loses a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Penner, than I'd lean towards Vancouver on that prediction, otherwise I'd say Edmonton has more young players and prospects that Phoenix would likely be interested in. I'm not saying that Phoenix will likely trade Doan, but if guys like Mueller, Hanzal, Wheeler, and Turris have great years, and we're headed for another lotto pick, than I could definately see it. I couldn't really guess where any of the other guys might end up. I just figured that if the Coyotes do deal Doan, they might do him the favor (plus he has a NMC) of shipping him to Western Canada, and I don't see Calgary having a ton of interest because they've already got Iginla down the starboard side.
I'd be more then willing to deal our 1st and then some for Doan either way we pretty much waste our 1st rounders each year haha

Payaso619* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
As for predictions, I'd say that Doan would probably end up in either Vancouver or Edmonton, if he were to be dealt.
I'd love to see Doan with the Canucks but didn't he just sign a long term contract with them including a NTC? I guess if the 'Yotes have another poor season Doan may request a trade but you'd think he would realize that Phoenix is going to have a few lean years before they start to get better.

That said, if he were available I'd hope Nonis would do everything he could to acquire him. My guess is that the 'Yotes would want a package of picks/prospects and younger players? I'm sure Cory Schneider would be of interest as would Luc Bourdon, Alex Edler and maybe Michael Grabner.

My only concern with Doan is that with 5 more years left on his contract and with the style of game he plays he could become ineffective in the later years of his contract. But for a physical guy, so far he's been very, very healthy throughout his career.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Payaso619*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I'd love to see Doan with the Canucks but didn't he just sign a long term contract with them including a NTC? I guess if the 'Yotes have another poor season Doan may request a trade but you'd think he would realize that Phoenix is going to have a few lean years before they start to get better.

That said, if he were available I'd hope Nonis would do everything he could to acquire him. My guess is that the 'Yotes would want a package of picks/prospects and younger players? I'm sure Cory Schneider would be of interest as would Luc Bourdon, Alex Edler and maybe Michael Grabner.
id make a package deal of our 1st, Scheider and Cooke imagine a line of Naslund Morrison Doan... WCE V 2.0...

Old
07-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Lunatik*

i see a few bigger names and a few surprises dealt

i see these guys getting dealt
  • Rob Blake
  • Marian Hossa
  • Adam Foote
  • Sergei Federov
  • Bobby Holik
  • Miroslav Satan
  • Dan Boyle
  • Aaron Ward
  • Martin Lapointe
  • J.P Dumont
  • Cory Stillman
  • Geoff Sanderson
  • Kristian Huselius

of course there will be others and some of these may stick if their teams are in a good position come deadline day

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso619 View Post
I'd be more then willing to deal our 1st and then some for Doan either way we pretty much waste our 1st rounders each year haha
From Vancouver, I'd guess that an '08 1st and Cory Schneider would both definately have to be part of the deal. I don't think that'd be enough for Doan, considering he's got a pretty nice contract that ties him up through 2012, and would be HUGE in a potential cup run. So, I'd say Schneider the 1st, and either a 2nd, a top prospect(Grabner?), or a decent young player(Kesler?) would probably be close.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Payaso619*

Quote:
From Vancouver, I'd guess that an '08 1st and Cory Schneider would both definately have to be part of the deal. I don't think that'd be enough for Doan, considering he's got a pretty nice contract that ties him up through 2012, and would be HUGE in a potential cup run. So, I'd say Schneider the 1st, and either a 2nd, a top prospect(Grabner?), or a decent young player(Kesler?) would probably be close.
Thats what make me even more attracted to Doan's...his contract. Look what Smyth got and they are basically the same type of players. I wouldn't mind giving away our 1st, Schneider, 3rd and Simek but im sure Nonis wouldn't want to part away with Kesler or Grabner. Doesnt Doan have a place here that he comes during the summer and repeatedly stated that he loved Vancouver. The only way I'd pull the trigger if Luongo signed to an extention though which I hope he does if we trade away schneider

Old
07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
pitseleh

I can't see Doan being traded unless he asks to be. He's the face of the Phoenix franchise and they'd be hard pressed to move him.

That said, if Vancouver were to make a play for him, I'd guess that it'd probably take something like Bourdon, Schneider and our first. With the kind of bidding war you'd likely see for Doan, it might take.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Petro Points

I would say Roloson to a contender if the Oilers are out.

Trading Stoll at the deadline wont make much sense. Teams would be focusing on more experienced players and not really looking long term improvement. Would be better to do in the offseason. or we can wait for someone to throw a crazy Penner'ish offersheet taking the picks while screwing up other team's cap.

other possible subtractions would be Staios, Tarnstrom and Pisani

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Oilfan in Calgary!!!

Sutter has to trade Kipper cause he won't sign a new deal. Or at least thats what I hope!!

Oilfan in Calgary!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Fedorov even if the Jackets manage to stay in the hunt.

Foote if the Jackets are out of it.

Vyborny, Chimera and Hainsey are possibilities if we are out of it and they don't resign by the deadline. My guess is that at least two of the above will resign.
I'm sorry but that made me laugh really hard.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Bam Beet*

I have this suspicion Blake goes back to the Avs if LA is out of it.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
I have this suspicion Blake goes back to the Avs if LA is out of it.
I think Francois Giguere is smart enough not to make that move. He's half the defenseman he was the first time around in Colorado.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote