HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Habs avoid arbitration with Ryder

Old
07-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC=CUP View Post
My ignorance of the Montreal organization aside but something like Bourdon and Rypien/Burrows for Kostitsyn and '08 late(ish) pick (think sixth rounder) is what I was thinking
Value wise, that's probably pretty close. But what I think the other poster was getting at is for the Habs to move Kostitsyn, they'd need an overpayment of a proven top pairing defenseman. They'd probably have interest in Bourdon, but a swap of the two doesn't make much sense considering the Habs themselves could use some more scoring and Kostitsyn could provide that.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Theoretically Kostitsyn would fit the Canucks lineup. He's a creative sparkplug with a great release and decent wheels. Practically he's not getting traded for anything less than an Ohlund type player.
If Ohlund was overpaid and in his last year of his contract I'd agree with that proposal. But he isn't.

Ignoring his "NTC" for the moment; why should the Canucks trade the defenseman who had the most icetime per game on the team for a prospect that hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet? At a left winger (that shoots left) to boot (Canucks need right wingers or guys that right and can be switched to right wing)?

I'm not saying Kostitsyn isn't a talented prospect; but that's like us (Canucks) expected Edler (an equally talented prospect) to fetch us a top six winger that isn't in his last year of his contract.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

I'm fully aware how important Ohlund is to the canucks. I also know he's a solid solid defender. But you see, trading Kostitsyn now is a pretty dumb thing to do. He's young, extremely talented, and could be an important offensive cog in the habs future for a long time. Also , his younger brother and his Belarussian teamate Grabovsky were all drafted to play with him ...it just doesn't make sense for us to trade him.

Now, kostitsyn isn't untradeable but it would have to be a major , ridiculous overpayment to take him away from us, thus bringing in the asinine ohlund for kostitsyn trade proposal.

Last edited by Renholder: 07-29-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Now, kostitsyn isn't untraceable but it would have to be a major , ridiculous overpayment to take him away from us, thus bringing in the asinine ohlund for kostitsyn trade proposal.
Fair enough.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 08:02 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Doesn't make sense to trade Andrei with his brother Sergei and friend Mikhail in the system. Montreal's also invested a lot of time into him to just hand him out for anything.

07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Whitley View Post
I thought the Habs needed some depth to fourth line, and Burrows is just that. Great at PK and also a good agitator with 100PIM. Krajicek then, I thought you needed top 4 d-man, some quality comparing to Streit and so on...
Habs must be the best team as far as prospects for their 3rd and 4th line so Burrows is not a need though I like the kid.

Our biggest concerns as far as prospects are concerned is developing top 6 quality forwards and while Andrei Kostitsyn might be one of them, I wouldn't want to get rid of another like Maxwell. And as a center, right now, Maxwell is close of being an untouchable right now. Though the notion of "untouchable" always depends on who you get, Krajicek and Bourdon are not enough for me. Our defensive prospects are quite impressive right now. And O'Byrne is most definately part of this.

No way is that proposal interesting for me. I do see Ryder being a great match in Vancouver though. And if we were to lose him for nothing, come deadline day, possible that a Ryder for Bourdon straight up be enough, or with the additions of picks in between. Evidently, depending on how the 'Nucks are in a playoff run, Habs are not, and 'Nucks feel Ryder is necessary to their run.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 10:41 PM
detredWINgs

Although Ive never been a huge fan of him and wouldnt be exactly elated if he came here, I always thought Ryder would play for the Red Wings at some point in his career.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 11:22 PM
VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Doesn't make sense to trade Andrei with his brother Sergei and friend Mikhail in the system. Montreal's also invested a lot of time into him to just hand him out for anything.
I can see why Kostitsyn won't be going anywhere too soon. He is the kind of talent needed to go with Naslund and Morrison/Kesler.

Prospect for prospect trades are rare to begin with so it does look like it will resemble looking like a Bourdon + depth/pick for Ryder. For the type of package that the Canucks may shop around, the likely return will be a player on his last year...

VC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Jakomyte

Is Bourdon really that appealing? I haven't really kept up with his development over the past year. Can someone fill me in?

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote