HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I Need New Gloves...

Old
07-29-2007, 01:48 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I Need New Gloves...

So my old pair of gloves (Nike whatevers, before it was Nike Bauer) just obliterated my hand. Somehow the glove managed to cause a massive blood blister on my hand, the worst part is it caused this over one of my calluses. I mean seriously, that's some tough skin. Anyways, now there's a rather obvious hole in my hand, it hurts like a mother (I couldn't find hydrogen peroxide so I used cologne...it freakin' burns!) and I've decided I'm just gonna go with new gloves.

Anyways, any suggestions on new gloves?

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 01:56 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
What kind of fit are you looking for in a glove?

Loose, medium-loose, medium-tight, tight?
Long fingers, short fingers, somewhere inbetween?
Grip palm? Stretch-palm, leather(or similar material) palm?
Long cuff, short cuff, split cuff, smart-cuff, built-in wrist guard?
Split fingers, single fingers?
Leather, nylon, poly, carbon?
Plastic inserts?

There are a lot of glove choices, it's tough to narrow them down when we don't know what you want.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 02:37 AM
true_moose

Love my Bauer Vapor XXXs. They look snazzy, are soft as hell, and have lasted me through two seasons. Don't know if Bauer has a newer model out, but I've been with that line of gloves for awhile, love 'em. Although, they are a little short, when I played Jr, I had to wear wrist guards for slashing.

true_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 06:45 AM
TBLfan

The XXXs are a medium-tight glove through the palm but feels loose because of a big cuff flair. The older Bauer version came with two palms and the palms didn't last too well, the NBH Vapor XXX did not include the extra palm and was more durable.

The vapor XX doesn't have the cuff flair but has a stretch palm, another popular glove. The Vapor XV is basically the XX but without the stretch palm.

The Supreme 30/50/70 and one90 all fit very tight, almost like a golf glove. The Supreme 70 and one90 are virtually the same glove with the only differences being the stretch palm and stretch finger gussets on the one90, the Supreme 70 has a nash palm.

NBH also has the "New Pro 4-roll" glove. This is the reincarnation of the SDP or old Supreme line. This is a loose fitting glove and it's pretty bulky. Basically the only difference between the new 4-roll and the SDP is the internal liner and logo.

Old
07-29-2007, 11:01 AM
vincetheprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
The XXXs are a medium-tight glove through the palm but feels loose because of a big cuff flair. The older Bauer version came with two palms and the palms didn't last too well, the NBH Vapor XXX did not include the extra palm and was more durable.

The vapor XX doesn't have the cuff flair but has a stretch palm, another popular glove. The Vapor XV is basically the XX but without the stretch palm.

The Supreme 30/50/70 and one90 all fit very tight, almost like a golf glove. The Supreme 70 and one90 are virtually the same glove with the only differences being the stretch palm and stretch finger gussets on the one90, the Supreme 70 has a nash palm.

NBH also has the "New Pro 4-roll" glove. This is the reincarnation of the SDP or old Supreme line. This is a loose fitting glove and it's pretty bulky. Basically the only difference between the new 4-roll and the SDP is the internal liner and logo.
How much do these cost?

vincetheprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:44 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Bauer Vapor XV i had them for 4 years and palms never wore out color is just starting to face and are really comfortable. i also suggest warrior gloves. i used a pair of the mac daddy's and dolomite and they fit really well and the palm is not so thick you can barley feel the stick in your hands.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 01:03 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
So my old pair of gloves (Nike whatevers, before it was Nike Bauer) just obliterated my hand. Somehow the glove managed to cause a massive blood blister on my hand, the worst part is it caused this over one of my calluses. I mean seriously, that's some tough skin. Anyways, now there's a rather obvious hole in my hand, it hurts like a mother (I couldn't find hydrogen peroxide so I used cologne...it freakin' burns!) and I've decided I'm just gonna go with new gloves.

Anyways, any suggestions on new gloves?
Pretty sure I know the glove you are talking about.

Anyway, if you want a nice loose fitting glove go with Eagles. I love my x70's. Other then MIA's they are the best feeling glove I've ever had my hand in.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 03:49 PM
blueliner27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincetheprince View Post
How much do these cost?
In Canada: $119
US: $89

blueliner27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 11:53 PM
nyrmetros

I'm in need of a pair of new gloves also. My CCM Supra's are from 1998, and the palms are shot. I'm not really sure of what type of glove I'd like, or what would actually suit my needs. I play mostly roller hockey, but I do want to get back into ice hockey when I find skates that don't hurt my flat feet. I really don't want to pay more than $60 for gloves, clearance would be good. any suggestions?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 12:33 AM
TBLfan

Just go try on some gloves, there are soo many options out there, it's ridiculous.

Old
08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Just go try on some gloves, there are soo many options out there, it's ridiculous.
I know. went to local hockey store today, and there were 35 different pairs of gloves to try. Too many choices for me to handle in 1 day, so I got nothing.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote