HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects at the WJCs (Updated Jan. 3)

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 06:26 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
WJC Watch the tots! Updated.

Direct tv na is showing the wjcs.

Tambellini is playing for canada.

I think that they are showing the whole bloody tourney! Merry Xmass to us!

Tambellini for Canada

Murray for USA

Kanko for Kankoland!

As of thier playing what would be Monday for you lot the scoring is this,

Tambellini 1goal 1 assist. (although if Dixon were any good he would have allot more)

Murray 1 goal

kanko 1 goal

Thats from what I can tell. I have listened to two of the USA games and watched the Canada games and Murrays name got allot of mentions in the second USA game I listened to. They said he were having a great tourney. Tambellini is playing well and was mentioned as a candidate for player of the game today.

Kanko has also been called a great young talent several times and is pretty well thought of by the crew covering the games. The yse? tele coverage crew speaks some language I don't understand but they talked allot and would say Kanko once in awhile and it sounded good! They could be calling him a trout for all I know but it sounded good anyways.

Last edited by punchy1: 12-29-2003 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Trying to let people know what is happening day to day.
Old
12-26-2003, 06:29 AM
punchy1

Kanko Scores!

Kanko had a goal in his wjc game! Mods, do one of you want to start a thread about our kids in the tourney or just put them in with the ones at the top of the page?

Old
12-26-2003, 06:55 AM
punchy1

They were saying that he was great in the game and could have had a few. At the IIHF site they had a little blurb on his teams 8-0! Victory over thier oponents. They seem to think that our tot Kanko is a the Cog in the machine.

GO GET EM TIGER MATE!

Old
12-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Kings Fanatic

If someone could create a sticky tracking our prospects in the WJC that would be great.

Old
12-26-2003, 09:09 AM
punchy1

WJC's So Far

Until one of you lot who know what they are doing does a better one I will start one off. When you fix it just delete mine, no worries.

Kanko had a goal in his first game of the tournament. He was solid and was said to have been a "fireball" that was determined every shift. His team won 8-0 so it is hard to see how he will play under pressure but so far so good.

Tambellini had a great game for Canada as it won 3-0 against the Soumi powerhouse. They are one of the tournement dark horses and thier goalie were fantastic but he couldn't handle the punishment that team Can dealt out and neither could the rest of the team. Canada really just man handled Soumi and if it weren't for Toivenen's solid netminding it would have been ugly.

Tambellini played a bit with the great Crosby and they together looked amazing. Crosby himself is astonishing with the puck. He stood out. Tambellini's speed was impressive and he had one shot that I thought would go in. He didn't seem to get much ice time but looked good when out there.

Murray will play for USA later and I will post about it unless someone else has put up a sticky and done a better job of it. So far, so good!

Cheers!

Old
12-26-2003, 09:32 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Again guys, if someone wants a sticky or something, PM me. I don't always read every thread and I almost passed over these threads.

In fact anytime someone wants mod action (e.g. sticky, warn a poster for trolling, delete something), you should PM a mod.

12-26-2003, 09:35 AM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Oh Murray, Kanko are up soon and I saw that Romy is playing, that wouldn't be ours would he? I also saw Erickson (Nordic for Smith) playing and were curious if he were ours as well. Cheers.
Nope, Romy is not ours.

The Eriksson you saw was Loui Eriksson, not ours. Ours is Tim Eriksson and he's playing in the Baltica Cup.

Old
12-26-2003, 09:36 AM
punchy1

Its different for you I think than it is for me. I get center ice and a couple of other sports networks on the satelite. I get one from Euro (YLE I think it is) and one from I believe Russia (NTV) or someplace like that and the center ice TSN feed when it is on. I know that if you go to TSN.com they have a juniors page that says that there will be encore presentations of the Can/Soumi game tomorrow. I know USA won 8-0 and Parise had the hat trick but I can't find out if there were any assists or if Brady Scored.

There is a website that is the official site of the IIHF and I will find it and post it so that you can poke around. I listen to the USA games if they aren't on the tele somewhere on the USAHOCKEY.COM site. They have a radio link for the games live. I turn em on (if I am awake) and pop out to the shop.

Update, USA 8- Aus 0.

I will post Murrays totals as they come in. (or if someone else sees post em up lads!)

Last edited by punchy1: 12-26-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Old
12-26-2003, 09:37 AM
punchy1

Cheers dfa. Will do. Thanks for the update on who's who. I will follow proceedures here out mate. Didn't think of it but then thinking is my weak point!

Old
12-26-2003, 09:43 AM
punchy1

Next USA game on thier site says it will be 8am for you lot (5 for me and a day ahead of course) on the 28th against Slovakia. It will be broadcast live at www.USAHockey.com

Old
12-26-2003, 09:45 AM
punchy1

Oh, here is one more bit of news I suppose. It is cryptic but says a bit.

"we have reached an agreement with NHL Center Ice and see the following
information for your interest:

On behalf of USA Hockey please accept this e-mail as official confirmation
that the organization, as the national television rights holder for all
International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) events, extends its permission to
the National Hockey League and TSN to televise any and all games live from
the 2004 IIHF World Junior Championship on NHL Center Ice. The IIHF has also
approved this measure, and proper notification has been provided to Hockey
Canada, which has given its consent for NHL Center Ice telecasts from the
World Juniors to air in Canada. In addition, the New England Sports Network
(NESN), FOX Sports Net North and College Sports Television (CSTV), all of
which will be televising any potential semifinal and medal-round contests
involving Team USA on a tape-delayed basis, were alerted."

Old
12-26-2003, 10:33 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
In fact anytime someone wants mod action (e.g. sticky, warn a poster for trolling, delete something), you should PM a mod.
I'd also like to add that you really need to PM DFA regarding mod actions instead of posting it on the thread...and that goes for any of the boards here at HF too. Just giving you guys a heads up...

12-26-2003, 11:00 AM
punchy1

I don't follow you jfont. What do you mean by mod actions. Are you repeating what dfa was saying or are you talking about other actions. Just want to be clear.

Old
12-26-2003, 11:03 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
I don't follow you jfont. What do you mean by mod actions. Are you repeating what dfa was saying or are you talking about other actions. Just want to be clear.
well, management at HF does not want individual posters who aren't mods make posts saying threads to be deleted or posters should be banned...so keep that in mind here and at every other board. Just a heads up...

Old
12-26-2003, 02:12 PM
punchy1

Right then. To be perfectly clear though, is it alright to ask a mod to delete my own post if someone comes up with another one or is that what you mean should be sent in a pm? I think I get it and cheers for the "heads up" mate. Oh and I am sure you mean to address that to everyone even though it looks like it is sent towards me as I have yet to make a post saying that someone should be banned or such(although I have seen a couple of others do such things with no troubles. Good to see that there will be new rules with the new year). Just being clear mate.

Last edited by punchy1: 12-26-2003 at 02:21 PM.
Old
12-26-2003, 02:19 PM
punchy1

I really can't establish that Murray actually even played in this game. He had no shots on goal. No ice time listed and no points even though his line mates did ALL of the scoring in an 8 goal romp? I know that they don't give the second assist in the iihf but he doesn't show up at all on anything. I have to think he would have gotten off at least one shot or been a + on the +/- if his line mates were responsible for 8 goals. I will keep looking.

Old
12-26-2003, 02:24 PM
punchy1

It looks like they do award the second assist! Murray doesn't have any points still but he is also listed as Zed on ice time so it makes you wonder.

However, a fellow from Pasadena whos name is Brett Sterling (plays for Colorado College) had Two Goals!

Old
12-27-2003, 06:29 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Oh and I am sure you mean to address that to everyone even though it looks like it is sent towards me as I have yet to make a post saying that someone should be banned or such(although I have seen a couple of others do such things with no troubles. Good to see that there will be new rules with the new year). Just being clear mate.

yup...

Old
12-28-2003, 09:45 AM
David A. Rainer

This is just straight from the WJC Board...

Brady Murray had a goal in USA's 5-0 win over Slovakia. There was no mention of who got assists in this game.

Petr Kanko was held scoreless as Czech Republic fell to the hometown Fins 3-2.

Jeff Tambellini was held scoreless but it was reported that his line looked the most solid for Canada in their 7-2 win over Switzerland.

Old
12-28-2003, 11:30 AM
punchy1

Thats two games where Tambellini looked great for team Can but didn't pop one in. Murray scored a solid goal and was noted as one of the games best players. He was tenacious in the neutral zone or so the radio net said.

I didn't see or hear anything on Kanko but he had a good first game so no bother.

I guess all the whooo haaa about Murray not being good enough for team Canada was exactly that. Thanks for the update DFA. I didn't think anyone else gave a rot. The thread was getting little talk about the tourney and were turning into a mods/mortals do's and do nots page.

Cheers mate.

Old
12-29-2003, 07:39 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Finally Tambellini scores against Ukarine(sp).....Could get more, games not done yet.....maybe this will end the slump for him

Old
12-29-2003, 08:01 AM
punchy1

Tambellini looks very good out there but Crosby is absolutely amazing. He makes the players around him on both sides look like they don't even belong in the same league as him. He's 16 and over the next three years he will learn more about scoring then he already knows. That is one scary kid.

Tambs looks good in his first two games. Not special I think but good. Then again, he is playing with Crosby who is at least two or three steps ahead of him and the rest so its a hard read.

Old
12-29-2003, 08:43 AM
punchy1

Tambellini gets an assist for two points on a sweet set up. He has had an awful game for the most part tonight making soft passes and just looking sort of lazy to me but when he or his line mates has the puck he is fun to watch.

His team is up 10 to zed so there are allot of blokes loafing out there so I wouldn't make much of JT's energy. He looked a dandy in his first game. He also could have had at least two other points if Dixon had any hands at all.

Old
12-29-2003, 01:00 PM
surixon

Quote:
Tambellini gets an assist for two points on a sweet set up. He has had an awful game for the most part tonight making soft passes and just looking sort of lazy to me but when he or his line mates has the puck he is fun to watch.

His team is up 10 to zed so there are allot of blokes loafing out there so I wouldn't make much of JT's energy. He looked a dandy in his first game. He also could have had at least two other points if Dixon had any hands at all.
Actually he had a goal and 2 assists which gives him 3 on the day and I thought he looked very good. He was one of Canadas best today and may of had more points. Crosby is very good but he doesn't make great decisons, as in when to shoot and when to pass when he's in a prime scoring area. example when Tambellini fed im perfectly in the slot and he tried a cute one touch pass to Dixon instead of shooting.

Old
12-29-2003, 02:07 PM
punchy1

That was a frustrating moment for certain. Crosby at 16 years old though clearly stands out among those guys when he has the puck. True he does have allot to learn. I didn't know that Tambs had two assists. Like I was saying, when he or his team mates had the puck he was exciting to watch. Did you see that one move when he went around the outside below the face off circle and then made that sick pivot turn move in on net and got off a great shot that literally hit the goalie without him ever seeing it? That would be a goal nine out of ten times anywhere.

Dixon just looked awful to me today. He had the puck on his stick with the goalie beat by two great passes today only to whiff. For me, he has been the worst of the Canadian forwards.

Closed Thread