HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you bring back?

Old
08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
if you want us all to hold hands and murmur in unison "jim is good....jim is wise", youll be waiting a long while. that doesnt mean we dont appreciate him at all - or that everything he does will be hammered around here. if you view anything negative said about jr as "rutherford bashing" than it probably will seem to you like we hate him, but it isnt true. it isnt bashing. its natural to debate the moves and i think its fair to say on every transaction the guy makes there are people that will defend them to the death around here. you can find two sides to every transaction, im all over the guy usually and even i find the silver lining to just about everything he does. im a fan in the end, i want the team to do well and even if i dont enjoy a certain transaction im still going to hope the new guy does well and helps us win. i also like to think im quick to admit when im flat out wrong about something i previously said, which makes me feel better about speaking my mind.

my problem is with occasional newcomers who have had bad experiences with other old school whaler fans and put that negativity in my direction. take the time to see what people are about before lumping them in some group you can dismiss and ignore.

if youve only been around for 6 post how do you know we rake him over the coals all the time and never give him credit?

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 01:16 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Back to the franchise...

Brendan Shanahan

VanIslander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Jack Johnson... self explanatory?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 02:14 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
I think I'd rather have the #3 pick from 2005 back and have seen the Canes take Marc Staal or Kopitar (both of whom I wanted at the #3 slot) instead... just sayin.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Guerzy
Winnipeg Whiteout

vCash: 50
I have thought the same thing about 3 million times DaveG. Would be nice to have Staal on our blueline. He is poised to become a damn good defenceman in this league for years to come. Even at the time of the draft I wanted Marc, not because I am a big Eric fan as I watched him play his junior days, and not only because Eric is on the team, but because I have watched Marc aswell in the OHL quite a few times. (OHL Peterborough Petes season ticket holder. Watched Jordan Staal for each of his 2 seasons aswell) We have all seen how he has developed over the past few years, how he performed in the World Juniors being named the top defenceman. The kid is going to be an all star defenceman in the NHL. He won't put up Niedermayer numbers chances are, or heck, maybe he will, but he will be a first pairing defenceman that will be tossed over the boards to play against the top players in the league each and every night and play in every game situation, rest assure of that.

Alright, enough Marc Staal talk for me before I start upsetting myself we did not draft him.

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-08-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:38 AM
wolfofthesteppes
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I think I'd rather have the #3 pick from 2005 back and have seen the Canes take Marc Staal or Kopitar (both of whom I wanted at the #3 slot) instead... just sayin.