HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Devils @ Predators 1/3/04

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
GDT: Devils @ Predators 1/3/04

We are 0-4 against the Devils at home. Anything to expect? Remember, it is a 7:30 game instead of 7:00, since the Titans are playing earlier in the day. It will be televised on FSN.

Old
01-02-2004, 10:16 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Expect it not to be 0-5 after the game is done

Old
01-02-2004, 10:39 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Don't forget to show up at 3 to watch it on the jumbotron.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Since I'll be going out with the Devils tonight, I'm lookin for at least a tie, and if not a tie, a Preds win in OT with Erat and Mike Rupp both getting hat tricks.

Old
01-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
WOW Vokoun robs Niedermyer of a wide open net with an amazing highlight-reel, diving save. Purely amazing. Koun seems loose tonight, wandering from the net more, making scary plays. Gamache - Tootoo- Mac line really doing a good job so far, I like Gamache a lot.

Old
01-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

GOAL - the Toothless Wonder scores on the PP, a very uncharacteristic rebound given up to the slot area by Brodeur. 1-0 Preds.

Old
01-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

GOAL, 2-0 Preds. Eaton rips a shot past Brodeur high glove side from the blue-line. Right from a face-off.

Old
01-03-2004, 05:45 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
As cliched and as stupid as it may sound, but .. I believe

Old
01-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

2-1 Preds. Elias scores off a weird play. 2-1 turn 3-1 and the puck bounces, pinballs, goes through the crease a couple times and Vokoun helps it in on accident. Nothing we could do, we pressed up on a 2-1 for us and they had a quick outlet for their break.

Old
01-03-2004, 05:49 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Ah **** it I'm going to watch the Dallas/Carolina game

Old
01-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

football over hockey? ban him!

Old
01-03-2004, 06:21 PM
WuRtZLeSs

The game's pretty much over now anyway though, so I'm back - I'm back.

I should stop listening to Smashing Pumpkins while posting in gameday threads .. that whole 'I believe' **** was weak, and I apologize.

Old
01-03-2004, 06:35 PM
WuRtZLeSs

3-1 Preds - Walker from Legwand

Old
01-03-2004, 07:04 PM
lstcyr

They gave the goal to Legwand. It went in off his skate.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i think i said that i hoped to get five points out of a very difficult next five...there's 2, right there

all in all, VERY solid game from start to finish. gamache had some terrific chances, played a great game...and hell, even mckenzie and tootoo had a great game. all in all, i'd say that was the best game the fourth line has played. legwand shuts up the critics for a while longer with 2 goals, and how about that third goal..talk about reaping the benefits of the crashing the net and being in the right place at the right time. poor tomas...he deserved to keep this a one goal performance...that first save on niedermayer...possibly his most incredible save of the year. HOW did he get his glove in EXACTLY the right place at EXACTLY the right time...SO fast? nuts. walker, york and allison all made game saving blocks on shots(the puck was going in the net and york shoveled it out...walker dove to take away an open net shot) eaton and timonen played a great game, and even zids had a good game defensively. PP looked solid(save that one time, where it looked more like a PK) and the PK--0 for 4, great job. i'm wondering why jason morgan still hasn't made his preds debut. arkhipov had a decent game...erat wasn't quite as strong as he had been. johnson's faceoff win at the end was key, and though nervewracking, this was a sweet win.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:48 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I was quite impressed by Legwand. Trotz was quite disappointed with Legwands performance last game and sat down to talk with him. It showed. He played with more fire, made smart decisions with the puck, and he attacked the net.

Gamache looked great and he and Tootoo clicked. Get McKenzie off that line. No point in playing him when the other team sports no enforcer. I'd rather see Fiddler or someone on that line. Tootoo lined up Stevens once and Stevens went after him...to no avail. Stevens had him lined up and I think still might have recieved the worst part of the hit. Go Tootoo.

Old
01-03-2004, 07:53 PM
lstcyr

From the Tennessean online today: Still waiting: The Predators had hoped to have center Jason Morgan, claimed off waivers Wednesday, in the lineup Thursday against Pittsburgh. But continuing visa problems for the Canadian native mean Morgan probably won't be joining the Predators until Monday.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:07 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
From the Tennessean online today: Still waiting: The Predators had hoped to have center Jason Morgan, claimed off waivers Wednesday, in the lineup Thursday against Pittsburgh. But continuing visa problems for the Canadian native mean Morgan probably won't be joining the Predators until Monday.
Embarrassing how a defected Russian can gain access to the U.S. in 1 day after being in North America for only 24 hours yet Morgan's visa might take a week to get done.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:08 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Expect it not to be 0-5 after the game is done

Wish I could have seen it, but anyways, sounds like a great game by the boys, especially Vokoun.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:35 AM
SmokeyClause

Good shot of Legwands second. You can barely make out the puck slightly above and a tough to the left of the 'T' in Baptist hospital.

Old
01-04-2004, 10:11 AM
lstcyr

Smokey, I'm not sure that's the puck. I think it's part of the player's stick behind the net. I thought the puck went lower than that in the game.

Old
01-04-2004, 10:16 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Smokey, I'm not sure that's the puck. I think it's part of the player's stick behind the net. I thought the puck went lower than that in the game.

it's definitely the puck. you can see the net in front of the players stick...you can't see the net in front of the puck

Old
01-04-2004, 11:19 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
It is the puck. A different version of that shot can be found on ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=nas

Check out the photos a little to the left of the boxscore at the top of the page. Picture #6 is a larger version, and you can clearly make out the puck.

Old
01-04-2004, 01:00 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
What is Burns talking about?

'Asked if he believed the Predators had improved this season, Burns said, ''People tell me that, and I should hope so. When you finish in last place for four years, you're going to get some good players.''

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/pre...nt_ID=45090969

Old
01-04-2004, 01:12 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
What is Burns talking about?

'Asked if he believed the Predators had improved this season, Burns said, ''People tell me that, and I should hope so. When you finish in last place for four years, you're going to get some good players.''

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/pre...nt_ID=45090969

Burns is such a tool. Someone had some sour patch kids before the press conference. Getting beat will do that to you.

Closed Thread