HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Couple of questions regarding tickets

Old
07-30-2007, 03:23 AM
brieresbiggestfan

vCash: 500
Couple of questions regarding tickets

A couple of friends and I are coming down from Buffalo (we are already prepared to be harrassed ) for the October 20th game because we are all huge Danny Briere fans and we want to see him play.
What I need to know is where would be the best place to sit so that Briere would be able to see us and know that his fans from Buffalo still love him and wish him well on his new team? (Congrats by the way-our loss due to the stupidity of our management is definately your gain-he is an AWESOME player and person as well).
Also will we be able to get 4 tickets when they go on sale on Sept 15th, or are we better off going through a ticket broker? (even though I know we will overpay-it is worth it to see Danny play up close)
Thanks for your help. We are very excited about coming down-we have already booked the hotel!

brieresbiggestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 06:44 AM
rayearth

If this helps I believe the Flyers shoot twice towards the 107 section and the Flyers bench is section 124/101.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 07:14 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Just pull up a map of the Wack-Off Center and see where the benches are and sit across from them. Chances are you won't be able to sit behind the benches, but across is a good possibility. Yea and somewhere around 107 is where the Flyers shoot twice.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 07:24 AM
McNasty

Getting 4 tickets together in the lower level is going to be tough, I don't think he'll acknowledge you in any way if he sees you so if it were me I would just nab 4 tickets in the 200 level and save some coin.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 08:51 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
I think a fan wearing a buffalo jersey but with Briere's name on it might be information overload for some fans at the Wach. In the confusion you might not get heckled.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Jester

might be tough, but i would check stubhub or something to try and make that happen... as anywhere you're going to get 'noticed' are almost definitely going to be season ticket plans. it will also be complicated by being so early in the season and a saturday... when everyone will be interested in going to the game.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Yeah, I think Stubhub is your best bet for tickets.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Regardless where you get your seats...you can always walk down to the glass where there bench is during warm ups. The tough part will be this -- if you go to the Buffalo side, you probably won't get to see him since he'll be on the other end of the ice. But, you may get really hassled if you go on the Flyer's side wearing your jersey.

Either way, save some cash, get regular seats and have fun. As long as you're not a loudmouth, you shouldn't have too many problems with the fans.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 08:51 AM
brieresbiggestfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Regardless where you get your seats...you can always walk down to the glass where there bench is during warm ups. The tough part will be this -- if you go to the Buffalo side, you probably won't get to see him since he'll be on the other end of the ice. But, you may get really hassled if you go on the Flyer's side wearing your jersey.

Either way, save some cash, get regular seats and have fun. As long as you're not a loudmouth, you shouldn't have too many problems with the fans.
The game is not against Buffalo, it is against the Hurricanes so there won't be any real "Buffalo side" . We are coming to see Danny play, not the Sabres. We will be in Buffalo jerseys but they are Briere jerseys. I know we will still get hassled, but we are just there to cheer on the same guy you are.

brieresbiggestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
chthonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieresbiggestfan View Post
The game is not against Buffalo, it is against the Hurricanes ... We will be in Buffalo jerseys but they are Briere jerseys. I know we will still get hassled, but we are just there to cheer on the same guy you are.
in that case you more than likely will get absolutely zero hassle.
a sabres game however is an entirely different story.

chthonic is offline   Reply With Quote