HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007-08 Lake Erie Monsters

Old
09-26-2007, 07:47 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
I am sure that the scouts are working hard out there trying to find the next Rene Corbet.
*groan*

Not that I remember hating on him much, but wasn't he really a lower tier guy on a team stacked with top end talent? I don't personally remember wishing he was elsewhere while he was playing here. He was a tool and I thought did his job ok...not great, but ok. I could be way off though...will have to go back and look at some clips and writeups.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
*groan*

Not that I remember hating on him much, but wasn't he really a lower tier guy on a team stacked with top end talent? I don't personally remember wishing he was elsewhere while he was playing here. He was a tool and I thought did his job ok...not great, but ok. I could be way off though...will have to go back and look at some clips and writeups.
I liked him. He had a little bit of talent and a little bit of attitude, but we were indeed stacked back then.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 04:01 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Monsters Camp Roster:

http://www.lakeeriemonsters.com/news...?article_id=37

Ian Keserich is attending the camp, presumably on a try-out.
Ian Keserich was signed for a tryout with The Colorado Eagles today.

http://coloradoeagles.com/news/headl...article_id=832

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling View Post
Ian Keserich was signed for a tryout with The Colorado Eagles today.

http://coloradoeagles.com/news/headl...article_id=832
So is he competing with Dino's kid

Good luck to Ian.

Old
09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
CAF1837

need a little help here - where does it say he is only under a try-out contract?

I read the article and it made it seem like he was signed to a regular contract.
I know the Monsters already have their two Goalies so Keserich really probably wasn't going to make the team, but the same may be said for Colorado unless this is an official contract, not just a ATO or whatever the CHL equivalent is.

CAF1837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Dougmustgo*

Anyone got a score on the Monsters/Admirals game? Its not on either cities radio stations websites?

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
rabinsurance

Received my STH package this afternoon. Very nice indeed. Came in a 8 1/2 x 12 blue folder with velcro closure. Included was a Monsters VIP pin and 4 coupons for 20% off merchandise to give out (our VIP card to arrive next week). The ticket book itself is nice, glossy with a special design for the opener. One interesting note, in the pocket schedule, it has logos of FSN Ohio and MY 43 (WUAB) along with the radio flagship WKNR. It states to check local listings, so it doesn't specify what games will be televised, but at least we now know with whom. The Avs fans around the country with a dish should be able to see the games on FSN Ohio.

Last edited by rabinsurance: 09-27-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: replaced incorrect word
rabinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 08:27 PM
bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF1837 View Post
need a little help here - where does it say he is only under a try-out contract?

I read the article and it made it seem like he was signed to a regular contract.
I know the Monsters already have their two Goalies so Keserich really probably wasn't going to make the team, but the same may be said for Colorado unless this is an official contract, not just a ATO or whatever the CHL equivalent is.
It actually does not say a tryout contract but that is how it is done in the CHL. The article merely says he was signed by the Eagles and they have 3 other goalies signed also. The four goalies will compete for 2 positions generally. However do not put it past the Eagles to carry three goalies as they managed to do last year for the bulk of the season.

Old
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
CAF1837

that's right - thanks for the reminder bling - I forgot the CHL's cap is on a weekly basis which makes contract a lot more fluid.

Old
09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinsurance View Post
Received my STH package this afternoon. Very nice indeed. Came in a 8 1/2 x 12 blue folder with velcro closure. Included was a Monsters VIP pin and 4 coupons for 20% off merchandise to give out (our VIP card to arrive next week). The ticket book itself is nice, glossy with a special design for the opener. One interesting note, in the pocket schedule, it has logos of FSN Ohio and MY 43 (WUAB) along with the radio flagship WKNR. It states to check local listings, so it doesn't specify what games will be televised, but at least we now know with whom. The Avs fans around the country with a dish should be able to see the games on FSN Ohio.
Thanks for the info! I will be checking FSN Ohio regularly.

Old
09-27-2007, 09:26 PM
crucifux

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
*groan*

i loved corbet. he's one of my all time favorite players. he was like a more offensivley gifted podien..

crucifux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Got my season tickets today too, very excited for the opener next Saturday.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Just got back from the scrimage vs. Milwaukee tonight.

Stewart - Needs to improve his start up gear but he's a fluid skater for a big man with a prevailing top gear .. good hands and did a fine job making some nice plays down low off the cylce and give and go's .. turned the game around as Milwaukee was walking all over Lake Erie but he dropped the gloves, won the fight, and turned the momentum in their favor. Not a terribly gifted offensive guy but he's a much higher character player than his bro.

Burki - invisible, coasted most of the night, not a hard player that's for sure ... lackadasical with the puck.

Oreskovich - Big and athletic .. hands are okay but his in close skills need work .. the pace of the game appears to quick for him and he's mentally a step behind .. good skater for a player of his size and competed adequately .. still very raw.

Vernace - pleasant surprise , his first few strides are ugly and he needs to bend his knees more but his hockey sense and vision are outstanding. Did a very nice job seeling the puck carrier to the boards.

O'Neil - Used his size and smarts well defensively, did an adequate job moving the puck .. his skating needs a lot of work but it doesn't appear to hinder him at this level.

Jones - Scored a nice goal screaming down the wing before displaying his wicked release and precision accurate wrist shot. Solid two-way play all night.

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 12:59 AM
CAF1837

Monsters went down 2-0 early in the first but Mike Wall stood stong and LEM came back to win it 4-2.

David Jones, Mark McCutcheon and JD Corbin with goals (no word on who got the 4th but it may have been empty net)

Great start so far - showing some backbone on the road.

Old
09-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE View Post

Stewart - Needs to improve his start up gear but he's a fluid skater for a big man with a prevailing top gear .. good hands and did a fine job making some nice plays down low off the cylce and give and go's .. turned the game around as Milwaukee was walking all over Lake Erie but he dropped the gloves, won the fight, and turned the momentum in their favor. Not a terribly gifted offensive guy but he's a much higher character player than his bro.

Burki - invisible, coasted most of the night, not a hard player that's for sure ... lackadasical with the puck.

Oreskovich - Big and athletic .. hands are okay but his in close skills need work .. the pace of the game appears to quick for him and he's mentally a step behind .. good skater for a player of his size and competed adequately .. still very raw.

Vernace - pleasant surprise , his first few strides are ugly and he needs to bend his knees more but his hockey sense and vision are outstanding. Did a very nice job seeling the puck carrier to the boards.

O'Neil - Used his size and smarts well defensively, did an adequate job moving the puck .. his skating needs a lot of work but it doesn't appear to hinder him at this level.

Jones - Scored a nice goal screaming down the wing before displaying his wicked release and precision accurate wrist shot. Solid two-way play all night.
Thanks for the review.

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Horsehouse

nice! can't wait to read more. thanks!

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling View Post
Thanks for the info! I will be checking FSN Ohio regularly.
WUAB will also carry games and is one of the Cleveland locals on Dish or DirecTv if you happen to get the Cleveland locals.

Old
09-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Got my season tickets today too, very excited for the opener next Saturday.
Got my tickets in the mail today also, very well put together. Nice folder stuffed with all the goodies.

8 days to go

Old
09-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Skraut

Thought this was cool.

Some of the animations that were built for the team's jumbotron.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 07:12 PM
bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE View Post

Thanks Sharkie! I like your little quick reviews.

Stewart, Oreskovich and Vernace are all three pretty raw yet but I like what I see from them thus far. I got to see Vernace several times in the CHL the last couple years he has some skills and is a tough kid for his size.

Keep the reports coming!

Old
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterAvsfan07 View Post
WUAB will also carry games and is one of the Cleveland locals on Dish or DirecTv if you happen to get the Cleveland locals.
I'm glad Gilbert is smart enough to at least televise some of the away games. Much much better start than the Barons ever accomplished.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Jori

Monsters won 6-3 tonight. Yet, when reading the game story, I see that Keserich played tonight. I'm guessing Ian is going to head to Eagles camp after the intra-squad scrimmage tomorrow.

http://www.chicagowolves.com/news/fe...article_id=386

Last edited by Jori: 09-28-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old
09-28-2007, 11:14 PM
x26stastny26x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Monsters won 6-3 tonight. Yet, when reading the game story, I see that Keserich played tonight. I'm guessing Ian is going to head to Eagles camp after the intra-squad scrimmage tomorrow.
Where'd you see the game story, can't find it anywhere...?

x26stastny26x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
x26stastny26x

Got it....

http://www.chicagowolves.com/news/fe...article_id=386

Last edited by Jori: 09-28-2007 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Can't post entire articles, you can provide a quote and link.
x26stastny26x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Jori

My hunch about Macias was right, he is injured...he was placed on IR.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/team/app?se...&type=prospect