Notices

Come On Scotty!

Old
07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
treybrown

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to treybrown
Come On Scotty!

So I was just on the Devils page and they were saying that they think Scotty should come out and do the classy thing and give a answer. I think he's putting the Ducks into a hold right now. I think were going to miss out on Penner because of this too. He needs to let bruke know and he needs to do it now!

treybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
puckstopper55

Send a message via AIM to puckstopper55
this might sound dumb, but I think he has 1 year left on his deal right? Why not just say "the hell with this guy",. trade him for a mid level prospect and a 3rd rounder to a team, get the cap space, sign Penner and be done with it. At worste you lose out on his services for 1 season, and at best you get a prospect, a 3rd rounder and Penner, all while the guy might never play again.

puckstopper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
this might sound dumb, but I think he has 1 year left on his deal right? Why not just say "the hell with this guy",. trade him for a mid level prospect and a 3rd rounder to a team, get the cap space, sign Penner and be done with it. At worste you lose out on his services for 1 season, and at best you get a prospect, a 3rd rounder and Penner, all while the guy might never play again.
I think the problem is finding a team willing to trade a mid level prospect and a pick for a guy who is most likely going to retire.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 01:37 PM
devilsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
if he is willing to play another year and willing to come back home to the devils i do it in a heartbeat.

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 01:37 PM
treybrown

I think he still has 2 years left. I think he's going to play one more year because he should want to try to win back to back cups. But he needs to come out and say something. Everybody things of him as a classy player so he needs to respect the Ducks and there mangement and say something before he really hurts the team.

Old
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Gyroduck

He's got 2 years.

I agree with others. He is putting quite a strain on the team. Many have stated that he should have time to 'think about it'. Burke has respected his wishes. However, he has crossed the line now. Neids is being quite disrespectful to an organization that has been good to him and brought him and his brother together.

He cant be traded. Would you want someone who you dont know will play? Penner is too much. He does not deserve that money.

Gyroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
devilsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by treybrown View Post
I think he still has 2 years left. I think he's going to play one more year because he should want to try to win back to back cups. But he needs to come out and say something. Everybody things of him as a classy player so he needs to respect the Ducks and there mangement and say something before he really hurts the team.
its penner who is really hurting the team. retirement is a huge decision and should not be based on other players.

Old
07-27-2007, 01:46 PM
treybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsrock View Post
its penner who is really hurting the team. retirement is a huge decision and should not be based on other players.

Penner? Who cares about Penner, first of all the Ducks are never going to pay him that much, and for what? 30 goals and 50 points! Please he's not that good. And for his size he's a little girl out there sometimes ( Sorry lady's).

Let the Oilers have him. Bruke doesn't even like Penner anyways!

Old
07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyroduck View Post
He's got 2 years.

I agree with others. He is putting quite a strain on the team. Many have stated that he should have time to 'think about it'. Burke has respected his wishes. However, he has crossed the line now. Neids is being quite disrespectful to an organization that has been good to him and brought him and his brother together.

He cant be traded. Would you want someone who you dont know will play? Penner is too much. He does not deserve that money.
What line has he crossed? How is he being disrespectful? Burke offered him the time. Niedermayer didn't ask for it. When July 1st came around Niedermayer was ready to retire, and Burke reiterated "Take your time." Now that he's actually doing what Burke requested, he's being disrespectful and he's crossed some line? Come on...

What makes you think his decision has anything but a minor impact on the Penner issue? You think cap space is the issue here? Far from it. This has far more to do with what Penner is worth, and the precedent this sets for Getzlaf and Perry than it does to do with cap space. If Burke thought Penner was worth the price tag, he'd match the offer, and simply make a minor move here or there to stay under the cap.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
treybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
What line has he crossed? How is he being disrespectful? Burke offered him the time. Niedermayer didn't ask for it. When July 1st came around Niedermayer was ready to retire, and Burke reiterated "Take your time." Now that he's actually doing what Burke requested, he's being disrespectful and he's crossed some line? Come on...

What makes you think his decision has anything but a minor impact on the Penner issue? You think cap space is the issue here? Far from it. This has far more to do with what Penner is worth, and the precedent this sets for Getzlaf and Perry than it does to do with cap space. If Burke thought Penner was worth the price tag, he'd match the offer, and simply make a minor move here or there to stay under the cap.

Your talking about July 1st and now it's July 27 SO...... He's gotten all the time in the world, Yes he needs to come out and say if now, because time is running out. He's going to put the Ducks into a hole if he calls it quits right before the season. It's going on to long and his time is running out quick!

Old
07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Laraque4PM*

Quote:

Uhhhhhhh....... Mistaken me if im wrong, but if Penner stays doesnt the Getzlaf and Perry situations become a direct problem next year due to cap space???

I believe you are totally contradicting yourself. And yes the Scott Niedermeyer situation does have alot more to do with this situation than you may think. Remember if Scott plays and Penner stays the Ducks are over the cap and someone needs to leave.

Laraque4PM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque4PM View Post
Uhhhhhhh....... Mistaken me if im wrong, but if Penner stays doesnt the Getzlaf and Perry situations become a direct problem next year due to cap space???

I believe you are totally contradicting yourself. And yes the Scott Niedermeyer situation does have alot more to do with this situation than you may think. Remember if Scott plays and Penner stays the Ducks are over the cap and someone needs to leave.
Uh, how am I contradicting myself? Didn't I say that one of the issues was the precedent this sets? You do understand what the word means, right? You also completely ignored the fact I addressed the cap issue. Try reading the post in its entirety.

Old
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Your talking about July 1st and now it's July 27 SO...... He's gotten all the time in the world, Yes he needs to come out and say if now, because time is running out. He's going to put the Ducks into a hole if he calls it quits right before the season. It's going on to long and his time is running out quick!
Maybe you should let Burke decide when he needs to announce a decision. He's the GM, afterall, and this apparent hole would be his problem. If Burke thinks time has run out, he'll talk to Scotty and have a decision made. I don't think anyone has ever accused Burke of being shy about making big decisions.

Old
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
treybrown

On come were all friends here =-)

Penner needs to go bye bye!~!

Old
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
treybrown

Quote:
Maybe you should let Burke decide when he needs to announce a decision. He's the GM, afterall, and this apparent hole would be his problem. If Burke thinks time has run out, he'll talk to Scotty and have a decision made. I don't think anyone has ever accused Burke of being shy about making big decisions.

I think we all know that Bruke makes the decision, that's a good post!!!

Old
07-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Devils will give a mid level prospect and a 3rd for Niedermayer. Take Clarkson and the pick and give us back our Niedermayer.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Devils will give a mid level prospect and a 3rd for Niedermayer. Take Clarkson and the pick and give us back our Niedermayer.
lol, that's a pretty wet dream you've got there.

Old
07-27-2007, 02:41 PM
devilsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
thats right he will always be considered our niedermayer, hey lets make this happen.

Old
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
devilsrock

but on a serious note i really feel for you guys lowe is a real scum bag.

Old
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
treybrown

Quote:
but on a serious note i really feel for you guys lowe is a real scum bag.

hahahaha I think he is going crazy because no one wants to play up there. Let him take Penner I hope he turns into Lupul!

hahaha

Old
07-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
hahahaha I think he is going crazy because no one wants to play up there. Let him take Penner I hope he turns into Lupul!

hahaha
Lupul is faster, has better more accurate hands, and a better slap than Penner.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Pucking Dutchman

Quote:
So I was just on the Devils page and they were saying that they think Scotty should come out and do the classy thing and give a answer. I think he's putting the Ducks into a hold right now. I think were going to miss out on Penner because of this too. He needs to let bruke know and he needs to do it now!
So you'd rather have him telling Burke that he is retiring now and then possibly realize around the start of training camp that it was the wrong decision... I'll take my chances, give him enough time to decide and hope he will return for another year.

Pucking Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
devilsrock

Quote:

hahaha
yea but his insanity is causing the pay scale to go up on rfa around the league. thats what is making him such an ass. I think he is the reason why the devils haven't signed parise yet becouse of the deal to vanek and now penner.

Old
07-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
lol, that's a pretty wet dream you've got there.
Hey, some of the schmo's here were the ones who said take a mid-level prospect and a 3rd for him. If anyone deserves to be lol'd at it's the panic attacks.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 03:59 PM
treybrown

Quote:
yea but his insanity is causing the pay scale to go up on rfa around the league. thats what is making him such an ass. I think he is the reason why the devils haven't signed parise yet becouse of the deal to vanek and now penner.
That's a good point, that's a really good point. Believe me when I say that he is the worst GM in the league right now.

But this thread is about Scotty and how he needs to come up with a answer. He's a great player and I know that he's won it all but he needs to come up with a answer.

I'll give him call!