HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Immonen??

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2007, 08:10 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Immonen??

Since the Rangers might not sign him and most likely not in our plans, im shocked Sather did not trade his rights yet. Heck we got something for Bryce Lampman who was an RFA. If Sather lets Immonen bolt for europe and we lose him for nothing, it will be a bad move. Id rather get something for him if anything, even if it is an AHL vet or a lower depth prospect.

Old
08-02-2007, 08:31 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Since the Rangers might not sign him and most likely not in our plans, im shocked Sather did not trade his rights yet. Heck we got something for Bryce Lampman who was an RFA. If Sather lets Immonen bolt for europe and we lose him for nothing, it will be a bad move. Id rather get something for him if anything, even if it is an AHL vet or a lower depth prospect.
I completely agree.
Sather is known for stock piling assets and thats why some in the media were surprised he didnt qualify Rachunek just to trade him.

It looks very unlikely that Jarkko will be a Ranger and he doesnt want to be at the AHL level so why not trade him? With 2 back to back 70+ point seasons in the A and still only 25, as well as putting some offense up in his auditions in NY, i think we could comfortably get a 6th round pick for him or even higher.

There are alot of teams out there that need offensive depth. He definitely has some trade value. Dallas and maybe Vancouver are looking for help, among others, so why not get something for Immonen?

Old
08-02-2007, 09:00 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
I completely agree.
Sather is known for stock piling assets and thats why some in the media were surprised he didnt qualify Rachunek just to trade him.

It looks very unlikely that Jarkko will be a Ranger and he doesnt want to be at the AHL level so why not trade him? With 2 back to back 70+ point seasons in the A and still only 25, as well as putting some offense up in his auditions in NY, i think we could comfortably get a 6th round pick for him or even higher.

There are alot of teams out there that need offensive depth. He definitely has some trade value. Dallas and maybe Vancouver are looking for help, among others, so why not get something for Immonen?
I know Dal was rumored to deal Ott.

Maybe something like Immonen and one of our d like malik, pock or kasper for Ott or some prospect. I hope we resign mara, he can be helpful on the PP and is only 27.

Old
08-02-2007, 09:06 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
I know Dal was rumored to deal Ott.

Maybe something like Immonen and one of our d like malik, pock or kasper for Ott or some prospect. I hope we resign mara, he can be helpful on the PP and is only 27.
Patience young Padawan!!! .... Let Mara have a contract yr... there is no rush to re-sign him yet. He can earn a contract and even through that we risk losing him, we have plenty within the organisation to replace him in a years time, tho if he plays well and scores well then yes we can sign him up, i like him, he was a good player in Phoenix.

What you're suggesting for Ott is a huge overpayment. He is a depth guy and although i am not a huge fan of Malik's or Pocks'...either of them + Immonen might be too much. I'd throw in a mid level pick and immonen if you really wanted Ott.

Old
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
Patience young Padawan!!! .... Let Mara have a contract yr... there is no rush to re-sign him yet. He can earn a contract and even through that we risk losing him, we have plenty within the organisation to replace him in a years time, tho if he plays well and scores well then yes we can sign him up, i like him, he was a good player in Phoenix.

What you're suggesting for Ott is a huge overpayment. He is a depth guy and although i am not a huge fan of Malik's or Pocks'...either of them + Immonen might be too much. I'd throw in a mid level pick and immonen if you really wanted Ott.
Hollweg Betts Ott the new HBO line

Old
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

i dont want ed to go he should stay in hartford and be on emergency pull up.

Old
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
How many times do you need to post this? Enough.