HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
MOENing

vCash: 500
BYE BYe

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=335583

Penner an oilers and we get picks.

Last edited by MOENing: 08-02-2007 at 02:05 PM.
MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensaint View Post
Please don't make a new thread...

It's already been posted in two of the other threads.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:55 PM
HerrAlex

Guess its time for me to get a new jersey.

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Pwnasaurus

hi

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryz30 View Post
I've already got an Oilers one so I'm good to go.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
I've already got an Oilers one so I'm good to go.
I'll get the Stamkos Ducks one ready

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 01:59 PM
dallas stars 1999

I would hate to be a Edmonton Oiler fan now! Kevin Lowe better get all his rfa signed now because next year he is going to pay for his signings. Now Buffalo and Anaheim will be going after their rfa's.

dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:00 PM
taunting canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
I would hate to be a Edmonton Oiler fan now! Kevin Lowe better get all his rfa signed now because next year he is going to pay for his signings. Now Buffalo and Anaheim will be going after their rfa's.
Neither of those teams are likely to be throwing around big $s - they have their own things to worry about, and budget constraints.

taunting canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
This sucks for Ducks fans, to lose such a young and talented player with great size.

I just hope Lowe and the rest of the NHL keeps their dirty hans off of the Sharks young talents next year.

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:26 PM
WildWinger

Burke Decides Not To Match Penner Offer!

Well, it is official - Burke decided not to match the Penner offier:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

WildWinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Acadmus

This is a real double edged sword kind of fiasco here. Lowe gets Penner, yippee...but Penner is a 25 year old who puts up somewhere around .5 points per game. Paying him over $4M a season is insanity, and is going to put him in hot water with management in Edmonton, since they usually don't have money to waste. Kind of think he wanted the Ducks to match and be forced to trade someone else.

But for the Ducks, Penner's a great energy guy, and was a key player in the Cup run, as well as last year's great run. It really hurts to lose him, especially if it's on top of Nieds and Teemu. I'm a Panthers fan, but Penner quickly became my favorite player in the 2006 playoffs. But there's no way on Earth he's worth over $3M a season. And that's a stretch at that.

I really hope Edmonton gets hamstrung over this deal, and that Lowe loses his job and never gets hired as a GM again - he's hurt the whole league with this deal, since it sets a bad precedent, and was also another case of fiscal irresponsibility that all the agents across the league will be looking at.

Anyway, good luck next year guys, and if nothing else, here's to hoping the Ducks are 4-0 against the Oil next season.

Last edited by Acadmus: 08-02-2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: first sentence rendered meaningless by thread merge
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:29 PM
WildWinger

[QUOTE=WildWinger;10089742]Well, it is official - Burke decided not to match the Penner offer:

Ducks Site:
http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app?articl...e&service=page

Better Story At The OC Register:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1795879.php

WildWinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:33 PM
abax44

The Oilers only have Stoll and Pitkanen (sp?) as serious restricted free agents next year.

Old
08-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

This is a real double edged sword kind of fiasco here. Lowe gets Penner, yippee...but Penner is a 25 year old who puts up somewhere around .5 points per game. Paying him over $4M a season is insanity, and is going to put him in hot water with management in Edmonton, since they usually don't have money to waste. Kind of think he wanted the Ducks to match and be forced to trade someone else.

But for the Ducks, Penner's a great energy guy, and was a key player in the Cup run, as well as last year's great run. It really hurts to lose him, especially if it's on top of Nieds and Teemu. I'm a Panthers fan, but Penner quickly became my favorite player in the 2006 playoffs. But there's no way on Earth he's worth over $3M a season. And that's a stretch at that.

I really hope Edmonton gets hamstrung over this deal, and that Lowe loses his job and never gets hired as a GM again - he's hurt the whole league with this deal, since it sets a bad precedent, and was also another case of fiscal irresponsibility that all the agents across the league will be looking at.

Anyway, good luck next year guys, and if nothing else, here's to hoping the Ducks are 4-0 against the Oil next season.
The Oilers don't have money to waste? This isn't 2001. The Oilers were 7th in the league for revenue, so as long as the ownership is ok with the proper spending money isn't an issue.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:41 PM
AZCOYOT

You guys still have Bert and Ryan coming up... you guys make out like bandits in this fiasco.

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Hockey Duckie

that's why the oil have to go after talented RFA and overpaying them b/c they lack the scouts to find talent. Hence, the lack of talented players available from the team and the outrageous salaries tended to still budding talent. I just hope this is just a single incident(the oil) rather than the whole league referring to Vanek/Penner to be the norm.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire40 View Post
You guys still have Bert and Ryan coming up... you guys make out like bandits in this fiasco.
Exact my thoughts.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
abax44

A little late to the party. 30 minutes in fact.

Old
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
SonOfBraincramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryz30 View Post
Is there a way to change numbers on a jersey once you have it? I think mine are heat sealed and not stitched.

SonOfBraincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Meanashell11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
How many 1st rounders of their own to use in an offer sheet do the ducks have?? Oh, thats right, they traded it to edmonton??? So I guess we dont need to worry about the ducks...

Meanashell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 02:59 PM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfBraincramp View Post
Is there a way to change numbers on a jersey once you have it? I think mine are heat sealed and not stitched.

Peel them off. Heat it up.

Old
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
chris11inter

Quote:

Did you say Penner is an overpayment?
Do you recall you signing Todd Bertuzzi for $4M/Year.

With Penner gone and Selanne & Nieds not sure if there returning, Burky & the ducks may want to start worrying about there on ice performance rather then crying about losing penner.

Now sing it with me

I love Penner,
Penner Loves me ,
lets watch him grow up and make money.

With a shot from the point,
and 2 assists from Hemsky
Won't you say you love Penner ..please?

chris11inter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 03:04 PM
blueNcopper

Quote:

I expect more moderation from a moderator.

blueNcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanashell11 View Post
How many 1st rounders of their own to use in an offer sheet do the ducks have?? Oh, thats right, they traded it to edmonton??? So I guess we dont need to worry about the ducks...
Actually, for next year's RFA crop (2008), wouldn't it be the 2009 picks that would be used as compensation??

Kenadyan is offline   Reply With Quote