Notices

Burke Confernece Call (RE: Penner to the Oilers) - 3 PM Anaheim Time - Live

Old
08-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Mooseduck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
The Penner situation really makes me wonder about Burke.

First of all, he has the audicity to tell Lowe what he should be playing for his players and then he calls Lowe a desperate GM. If Burke wants to run the Oilers franchise maybe he should apply for the job... in the meantime, let Lowe run his team the way he sees fit.

What is worse, paying Bertuzzi $4 million per year for the next two years or paying Penner about $4 million a year for the next five years. Penner is younger and healthier than Big Bert. He outscored him last year and he has a Stanley Cup ring.

Personally, I am sick of Burke's constant whining and his "Brian knows what's best for everybody else" attitude.

Suck it up. You paid Bertuzzi way too much and you probably paid Schneider too much as well. Don't blame your problems on Lowe.
Biggest problems for Ducks fans this season:

1) Getting a picture with the Stanley Cup
2) Finding Tickets to Opening Night in London
3) Finding Tickets to Opening Night to See Pacific, Western and Stanley Cup Banner Raised in Anaheim
4) Finding Tickets to see Anaheim Stomp Edmonton Oct 28
5) Finding Tickets to a majority of Games since the Ducks have sold 80% of inventory before sales to the public
6) Choosing which Jersey to Purchase: Giguere, Pronger, Bertuzzi, Getzlaf, Perry, Beauchemin, McDonald, Pahlsson, Schneider, Kunitz, Neidermayer(s)? or Perhaps Selanne?
7) Debating the best use of our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round "gift" picks
8) Listening to bitter Edmonton fans trying to justify one of the dumbest moves in recent NHL history - especially since we are happy with the result.

So there if you want to hear some pathetic whining -- > http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...v=st&type=lgns

Time to move on - the Ducks are fine.
We are happy

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
(laugh only if Neids and Selanne both don't come back, in which case your offense is HURTIN)
So the Ducks, whom had the 8th best offense in the league last year will be hurting whereas the Oilers whom had the worst offense will be just fine? We may potentially will be losing our top two goal scorers but you guys lost your top-3 goal scorers when you were ALREADY hurtin. I'm sorry but you are in no position to be critizing the status of our offense when you all have enough to worry about on your own. Oh but that's right, Penner is suddenly going to make the Oilers a goal scoring juggernaught.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseduck View Post
Biggest problems for Ducks fans this season:

1) Getting a picture with the Stanley Cup
2) Finding Tickets to Opening Night in London
3) Finding Tickets to Opening Night to See Pacific, Western and Stanley Cup Banner Raised in Anaheim
4) Finding Tickets to see Anaheim Stomp Edmonton Oct 28
5) Finding Tickets to a majority of Games since the Ducks have sold 80% of inventory before sales to the public
6) Choosing which Jersey to Purchase: Giguere, Pronger, Bertuzzi, Getzlaf, Perry, Beauchemin, McDonald, Pahlsson, Schneider, Kunitz, Neidermayer(s)? or Perhaps Selanne?
7) Debating the best use of our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round "gift" picks
8) Listening to bitter Edmonton fans trying to justify one of the dumbest moves in recent NHL history - especially since we are happy with the result.

So there if you want to hear some pathetic whining -- > http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...v=st&type=lgns

Time to move on - the Ducks are fine.
We are happy

Too funny

Even if Teemu and Scott leave we are fine.

Offense is not "HURTIN" Andymac, Kunitz, Getzlaf, Perry, and Bertuzzi, can all score goals and we still have the best shudown line in the league headed by Pahlsson.

Defense is still top notch and possibly still the best with Pronger, Schnieder, and Beauchemin.

Goaltending is solid.

Plus we have the assets to obtain another scorer if we so choose. Im looking forward to this season.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Sandman33

This has to be the best quote from that link you posted.

About Klowe trying to get ahold of Nylander when he signed with the Caps after verbaly agreeing to play for Edmonton.

After calling Nylander's home but only speaking to his wife, Lowe discovered - along with everyone else - the 34-year-old center had signed on with Washington. Lowe eventually got hold of Nylander, who was very low-key during their conversation.

"In a somber voice, he told me, 'I just couldn't do it,'" Lowe told the Sun. "It was like his wife freaked out, like she was being shipped to Siberia or something."

Old
08-04-2007, 05:27 PM
GPickus

I think the fact that the Oiler fans whine about Burke's whining is hilarious. It's almost like they need the distraction because they don't want to face the truth that all Lowe has done in 7 years is one fluky cup finals run. His drafting has been atrocious, his trades terrible (barring the one that brought Pronger to Edmonton), and his choices in free agents questionable at best. He can blame the "conspiracy" of players and agents not wanting to go to Edmonton, but eventually someone in the 400 head hydra that is Oilers ownership will realize how terrible an executive he is and give him the boot. Lowe better hope this Oilers team gels and plays great hockey soon, because his credibility is already on the line, not Burke's.

GPickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Dazed and Concussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPickus View Post
I think the fact that the Oiler fans whine about Burke's whining is hilarious. It's almost like they need the distraction because they don't want to face the truth that all Lowe has done in 7 years is one fluky cup finals run. His drafting has been atrocious, his trades terrible (barring the one that brought Pronger to Edmonton), and his choices in free agents questionable at best. He can blame the "conspiracy" of players and agents not wanting to go to Edmonton, but eventually someone in the 400 head hydra that is Oilers ownership will realize how terrible an executive he is and give him the boot. Lowe better hope this Oilers team gels and plays great hockey soon, because his credibility is already on the line, not Burke's.
Can you explain to me how pointing out Baby boy Burkeys whining is somehow Oiler fans whining. Sounds like classic deflection is in play by Ducks fans to me more than anything. Just admit it and you'll all feel much better.

Dazed and Concussed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:24 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
(laugh only if Neids and Selanne both don't come back, in which case your offense is HURTIN)

So what do you think about the best GM in hockey (as judged by 10 years of constant success), Ken Holland, disagreeing completely with Burkie's poorly thought-out, whiny view of RFA's?

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...d-3572259f5708
Actually Holland isn't disagreeing completely. First of all this article is historical, looking at contracts up until now (which is all it can do). So Holland is right, Lowe's offer sheets didn't have any affect on RFA contracts up until now creeping up (see Nash, Horton, etc). The lower UFA age is causing these contracts to rise as teams try to buy out a few UFA years. So it has been "more responsible for salary inflation." Simply because they contracts were signed before these offer sheets (Kesler was one year and for a different caliber player). And he doesn't discount that the offer sheets won't have any effect on the future.

Now that the offer sheets have been made, we'll see if they make salaries jump even more. And not just salaries, but terms. Roy seemed to get more than expected, but Parise didn't. Although that's still likely the difference between long term and UFA years versus not.

I don't see how you can look at these offer sheets and say they won't make at least a temporary jump for the next round of contracts though. Can you honestly say that Penner's contract isn't higher and riskier than other RFA contracts signed before? Maybe it's your view that's not quite thought-out?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Burke's a hypocrite for saying Penner is not worth the money, but then turning around and giving Bertuzzi $4 million. At least Penner has upside, Bertuzzi is likely to get worse.

Secondly, if Burke keeps saying he has no problem with offer sheets, then why should a team offer a lowball offer sheet? All that means is the other team would match. If you're going to go for an offer sheet you might as well make it an offer the other team won't match.
Burke was not mad that Penner got the offer sheet, he was mad at how much the offer sheet was. Oilers are giving Penner 4.3 million per season for a guy that made under one million per season in Anaheim. Burke was mad because if the Oilers can give RFA offers that are considered too high for the player then he believes that other GM may do the same thing making it tougher for teams too keep their good RFA and others to make offers. Also down the road let just say Dustin Penner becomes a bust for the Oilers before his contract is up many teams will not take him because of his high price tag.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

I'll ask this question again as I have on other posts.

What does the signing of Bertuzzi have to do with Penner?

Bertuzzi was aquired prior to the stuff with Penner. When was Bert brought in to replace Penner?

When Bert was signed, there was no indication (as far as the public knew) that Penner was not going to be resigned.

Quit throwing the Penner/Bertuzzi contracts at the Penner deal, it has nothing to do with Bertuzzi.

Yes, the Oiler's think Penner IS their man, if they didn't think so, they wouldn't have paid that much.

Yes, the Duck's think Bertuzzi IS their man, so it's a done deal, not by the boards but by the GM's of their respective clubs.

Wait until the season starts to see who is a bust, maybe neither one, maybe one, maybe both................Time will tell.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
The Penner situation really makes me wonder about Burke.

First of all, he has the audicity to tell Lowe what he should be playing for his players and then he calls Lowe a desperate GM. If Burke wants to run the Oilers franchise maybe he should apply for the job... in the meantime, let Lowe run his team the way he sees fit.

What is worse, paying Bertuzzi $4 million per year for the next two years or paying Penner about $4 million a year for the next five years. Penner is younger and healthier than Big Bert. He outscored him last year and he has a Stanley Cup ring.

Personally, I am sick of Burke's constant whining and his "Brian knows what's best for everybody else" attitude.

Suck it up. You paid Bertuzzi way too much and you probably paid Schneider too much as well. Don't blame your problems on Lowe.
Wow one of the dumbest posts I've read in a long time...

First of all no one knows who will be better next year between the two. What if Penner is Lupul2?? Ever thought about that??? Penner outscored Bert last year because he was on the best team in hockey, and was healthy.

Second of all I am glad that we have Bert signed for 2 years... A hell of a lot better then paying an unproven play over 4 million for five years. Last time we took a chance on a guy other teams had given up on because of injuries (selanne) it turned out pretty good.

Third. How is Burke constantly whining? Is it because he voices his opinion every time a reporter asks him? Burke held a press conference to express how he felt. After that the media asks the same questions over and over, so Burke tells them how he feels. Please forgive him for answering the media's questions.....

Lastly, LISTEN CAREFULLY OILERS FANS BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO FORGET THIS.... Penner's agent told the Ducks that he wanted to wait a while before they signed a contract. So, FA period comes around and Burke gets a call from Todd's agent saying he would like to play for the Ducks, and he will take less money from them then other teams to do so. Burke sees this as an oppurtunity to replace the other star player that might be retiring, so he signs Bert for 2 years. Overpaid? Prolly, but we won't really know that tell the season gets going. BURKE SAID HE WOULD NOT HAVE MATCHED THE OFFER EVEN IF BERT WASN'T ON THE TEAM. It would put him in a very vulnerabe spot when Getzlaf and Perry have to be resigned.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Domino1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Wow one of the dumbest posts I've read in a long time...

First of all no one knows who will be better next year between the two. What if Penner is Lupul2?? Ever thought about that??? Penner outscored Bert last year because he was on the best team in hockey, and was healthy.

Second of all I am glad that we have Bert signed for 2 years... A hell of a lot better then paying an unproven play over 4 million for five years. Last time we took a chance on a guy other teams had given up on because of injuries (selanne) it turned out pretty good.

Third. How is Burke constantly whining? Is it because he voices his opinion every time a reporter asks him? Burke held a press conference to express how he felt. After that the media asks the same questions over and over, so Burke tells them how he feels. Please forgive him for answering the media's questions.....

Lastly, LISTEN CAREFULLY OILERS FANS BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO FORGET THIS.... Penner's agent told the Ducks that he wanted to wait a while before they signed a contract. So, FA period comes around and Burke gets a call from Todd's agent saying he would like to play for the Ducks, and he will take less money from them then other teams to do so. Burke sees this as an oppurtunity to replace the other star player that might be retiring, so he signs Bert for 2 years. Overpaid? Prolly, but we won't really know that tell the season gets going. BURKE SAID HE WOULD NOT HAVE MATCHED THE OFFER EVEN IF BERT WASN'T ON THE TEAM. It would put him in a very vulnerabe spot when Getzlaf and Perry have to be resigned.

1) Actually The Ducks were not the best team last year, Buffalo and Detroit were the best teams in points with Nashville and Anahiem tied for third, And for most goals Anahiem were 9th with Detroit having only 2 less goals.

2) Actually do you realize that Penner has 17 playoff points to Bertuzzis 21 and Bertuzzi was signed as insurance for Selanne NOT Penner as per Burke.
It's not like the Ducks really took big chance as Selanne had being a Duck before and they knew what to expect from him after 333 regular season games.

3) He may not be whining per se but he does come across as a bit of a blowhard and a fool

Lastly Penners agent may have said something along what you say (who knows) but I don't think it had as much to do with Penner leaving as you make it out to be. and I don't know where you get your info from in regards to Burke not matching regardless of Bertuzzi but hey if he wants to rewrite history so be it but heres a quote from the LA Times July 4 2007.... GM Brian Burke says that he will match any offer for restricted free agent Dustin Penner.
The 24-year-old scored 29 goals last season and is a huge part of the Ducks second line along with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. Penner is a solid fantasy player and should be rated slightly higher in keeper pools as his best years are still ahead of him.Source: Los Angeles Times

Kinda puts dumbest post in a whole new category doesn't it?

Domino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
zot

[QUOTE=Domino1;10112181][/I]

1) Actually The Ducks were not the best team last year, Buffalo and Detroit were the best teams in points with Nashville and Anahiem tied for third, And for most goals Anahiem were 9th with Detroit having only 2 less goals.
QUOTE]

Are you serious??? They won the Stanley Cup!!!!! They were the BEST team last year.

zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Domino1

[QUOTE=zot;10112502]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino1 View Post
[/I]

QUOTE]

Are you serious??? They won the Stanley Cup!!!!! They were the BEST team last year.
Yes I am serious. no offense but the winner of the cup does not make The Ducks the best team anymore than losing in game 7 made the Oilers the second best team. If the Ducks can win 5 in 7 years then I will gladly call them the best team. The original post was referring to the REGULAR SEASON not playoffs. Please follow along before spouting off.

Old
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Lyons71

Quote:

Yes I am serious. no offense but the winner of the cup does not make The Ducks the best team anymore than losing in game 7 made the Oilers the second best team. If the Ducks can win 5 in 7 years then I will gladly call them the best team. The original post was referring to the REGULAR SEASON not playoffs. Please follow along before spouting off.
So there's no such thing as a 'best team'. If you win you aren't it, unless you meet the 5 cups in 7 years requirement ... Really? That's hard.

The Ducks very much so could have been considered the best team based on the regular season. They had the best record against playoff teams after all, didn't they? Also, they didn't get to cruise through the central division like Detroit. Things like that are also considered. Not just points. And i very much remember the TSN commentators saying things like "this year the BEST team did win the cup" etc.

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Sandman33

[QUOTE=Domino1;10112747]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post

The Ducks absolutely dominated and even set a record win streak before having a few injuries. And that in the most competitive division.

Then they won the cup...which proves your the best team.

The regular season doesnt mean ****. Players bring their A game in the playoffs and Anaheim just plain dominated.

Old
08-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Actually Holland isn't disagreeing completely. First of all this article is historical, looking at contracts up until now (which is all it can do). So Holland is right, Lowe's offer sheets didn't have any affect on RFA contracts up until now creeping up (see Nash, Horton, etc). The lower UFA age is causing these contracts to rise as teams try to buy out a few UFA years. So it has been "more responsible for salary inflation." Simply because they contracts were signed before these offer sheets (Kesler was one year and for a different caliber player). And he doesn't discount that the offer sheets won't have any effect on the future.

Now that the offer sheets have been made, we'll see if they make salaries jump even more. And not just salaries, but terms. Roy seemed to get more than expected, but Parise didn't. Although that's still likely the difference between long term and UFA years versus not.

I don't see how you can look at these offer sheets and say they won't make at least a temporary jump for the next round of contracts though. Can you honestly say that Penner's contract isn't higher and riskier than other RFA contracts signed before? Maybe it's your view that's not quite thought-out?
Oh they well but with a Cap system they will not raise contracts over all but will effect how that money is distributed. If RFA salaries continue to be high, revenue is tied to the Cap so that means other players salaries have to come down to fit under the Cap. Such as possibly 4th liners making less (already happening with Vancouver signing guys like Isbister etc... for 500K) and UFA salaries will have to start coming back down to earth. Unless revenues continue to increase but I think that will be plateauing for the most part soon, at least for a while. Also with RFA age continuing to drop (is it not going to 25 at some point in this CBA? Hartnell got his UFA pay day young) players are going to get paid earlier in their careers.

The one reporter, I think it was Dan Russel got Burke begrudgingly to admit the above in his teleconference that it re-distributes the money with a Cap system but does not cause the Cap to increase at all. It kind of took the wind out of argument to some extent and he sounded PO'd by that question to me.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 08-05-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Domino1

[QUOTE=Sandman33;10113268]
Quote:

The Ducks absolutely dominated and even set a record win streak before having a few injuries. And that in the most competitive division.

Then they won the cup...which proves your the best team.

The regular season doesnt mean ****. Players bring their A game in the playoffs and Anaheim just plain dominated.
Ok I am confused now you say they absolutely dominated and set a record win streak and play in the most competitive division (debateable as NW had 4/5 teams make playoffs and Edmonton was fighting for 1st in thier division at xmas) and then you say the regular season means squat and that the playoffs are everything. Well the regular season does mean something or perhaps your forgeting 2004 when the Ducks didn't make the playoffs after going to the 2003 finals. I am not saying the Ducks aren't a good team but it can be debated on wether they are good enough to repeat as champs.
But once again the Original post I was replying to was about the regular season. I do know that the regular season doesn't mean success in the playoffs as the 1986 Oilers had set so many records (or very close to) and still lost in the second round. So please don't get your panties in a bunch.

Old
08-05-2007, 04:17 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Ok I am confused now you say they absolutely dominated and set a record win streak and play in the most competitive division (debateable as NW had 4/5 teams make playoffs and Edmonton was fighting for 1st in thier division at xmas) and then you say the regular season means squat and that the playoffs are everything. Well the regular season does mean something or perhaps your forgeting 2004 when the Ducks didn't make the playoffs after going to the 2003 finals. I am not saying the Ducks aren't a good team but it can be debated on wether they are good enough to repeat as champs.
But once again the Original post I was replying to was about the regular season. I do know that the regular season doesn't mean success in the playoffs as the 1986 Oilers had set so many records (or very close to) and still lost in the second round. So please don't get your panties in a bunch.
You are not going to find a single, educated hockey fan that will tell you the best team can be determined solely by what they did in the regular season. Everyone of them, EVERYONE, will tell you the team that wins the Stanley Cup is the best team. And we aren't talking about this year either, we talking about last season, 2006-2007. Regardless of what the Ducks do this year or the next ten years they were the best team in 06-07, period.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
arinkrat*

[QUOTE=Domino1;10113710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post

Out of all of the eight WC playoff teams, the Ducks had the best record and the most number of points against the other seven WC teams. Maybe they didn't get as many points against teams that didn't make the playoffs, but the Ducks played the best against the best in the regular season. And they won the Stanley Cup. So, yeah, I would say they were the best team in the NHL last season.

If the Ducks would have been able to keep the team in tact, they would have as good a shot as any team recently to repeat. When the Ducks were healthly (see their record prior to losing Giguere, Bryzgalov, Beauchemin, Pronger and a Scott Niedermayer playing on a fractured foot), they were dominating in terms of wins and points. This Ducks team is no way comparable to the 2003 team, if you think that; then you're just grasping at straws.

Last edited by arinkrat*: 08-05-2007 at 04:26 PM.
arinkrat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
You are not going to find a single, educated hockey fan that will tell you the best team can be determined solely by what they did in the regular season. Everyone of them, EVERYONE, will tell you the team that wins the Stanley Cup is the best team. And we aren't talking about this year either, we talking about last season, 2006-2007. Regardless of what the Ducks do this year or the next ten years they were the best team in 06-07, period.
This was exactly my point. The regular season doesnt mean anything when the playoffs arrive.

Domino was saying that the ducks werent the best team last season because the Sabres and Det had a better reg season record. Im saying the ducks made history with thier reg season win streak untill they got injured. AND they won the cup.

Old
08-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

So, any team that wins a championship is not the best team unless they have won 5 in 7 years (championships).

So now the best teams need to meet this criteria, where did you pull this one from.

There will not be a team in any sport that will be able to do this in this day of age. Due to the free agents (any sport not just hockey) and the huge contracts.

There is no loyalty to teams per se as there was years ago, now it's about the big payday.

So, if your theory is correct, there was not a single team since...........well, I don't think it has ever happened, that I can think of, at least in my lifetime,.......that would be considered the best team.

How can you say Detroit or Buffalo were the best when they don't meet your criteria??????????

There was no best team right? Get a clue.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Domino1

The original post was in regards to THE REGULAR SEASON not the PLAYOFFS okee dokee

Old
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Domino1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
So, any team that wins a championship is not the best team unless they have won 5 in 7 years (championships).

So now the best teams need to meet this criteria, where did you pull this one from.

There will not be a team in any sport that will be able to do this in this day of age. Due to the free agents (any sport not just hockey) and the huge contracts.

There is no loyalty to teams per se as there was years ago, now it's about the big payday.

So, if your theory is correct, there was not a single team since...........well, I don't think it has ever happened, that I can think of, at least in my lifetime,.......that would be considered the best team.

How can you say Detroit or Buffalo were the best when they don't meet your criteria??????????

There was no best team right? Get a clue.
Actually I have a clue about a team that won 5 in 7 years...need a clue? starts with O and ends with an S and they are from Edmonton

Old
08-05-2007, 06:49 PM
arinkrat*

Quote:
The original post was in regards to THE REGULAR SEASON not the PLAYOFFS okee dokee
And as I said, the Ducks had the best record and the most number of points in head-to-head competition with the seven other WC playoff teams. That would indicate to me that even though the Ducks didn't have the most overall points, the were the best amongst the best in the WC at least.

Old
08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Actually I have a clue about a team that won 5 in 7 years...need a clue? starts with O and ends with an S and they are from Edmonton
What does the Oilers winning five Stanley Cups in seven years back in the 1980s have to do with who was the best team in the NHL last season---as in 2007?

You say the Ducks were not the best team in the NHL last season because both Detroit and Buffalo both had more points. Well, neither Detroit nor Buffalo won five cups in the last seven seasons, so I guess by your logic, they weren't the best teams in the league either. So who was the best team in the NHL for 2006-07? Oh, right it must be the Oiler team that won their last SC almost 20 years ago. Whatever, you make little sense.

Seems to me you are the one who is spouting off.