HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Bauer Supreme One90 skates

Old
07-30-2007, 11:16 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Nike Bauer Supreme One90 skates

How much do these things run roughly? I went on nike bauers website and these things seem to be the real deal. It looks to me like they overshadow the vapor XXXX's.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 01:44 AM
sc37

vCash: 700
Idk the exact...but I wanna say like $520-575? Some where in the range. I think it only really 'overshadows' cause the XXXX is just being released and stores are only now stocking them.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 01:46 AM
CaptBrannigan

I would only recommend thes skates (and any other high end model) if you play like 4 times a week. If it's any less than that, they will take a long time to break in, even with baking. However, they are worth it if you use them as designed.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 11:49 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I havent even started ice hockey so it wouldnt benefit me in the least to get these skates. Im not even that good in roller hockey so when I switch to ice I still wont pick these up. These look real nice though.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 01:34 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Try them both on. Someone that fits into the One90 properly may not fit into the XXXX properly, and vice versa. The XXXX seems to fit wider feet a bit better, but again, try them both on before you buy.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 04:18 AM
KingsFTW

Agree with this completely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twi View Post
...they will take a long time to break in, even with baking. However, they are worth it if you use them as designed.
Oh, and Nike Bauer recommends standing in them for one minute as part of the baking process. I've never heard of this before, but it is straight from the manufacturer.

http://www.nikebauer.com/assets/pdf/ONE90_Fit_PDF.pdf

-KingsFTW

Last edited by KingsFTW: 08-03-2007 at 04:27 AM.
KingsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Lukko4

I got one90s and I love them. It took me a long time to find the right sizing though. I went through at least 5 different sizes before I found the right fit.

The thing with the one90s is the fact that they are so anatomically correct to the shape of the foot, that if it isnt a perfect fit, it will hurt like hell.

I heated mine twice, but the thing that helped me out the most was changing the insole of the skate. The skates are worth like $700, but the insoles that the companies put in the skates cost about $0.11 and don't do a damn thing for you. Everyone wants something soft something comfortable, but the truth is you need support, and the only ones that offer that are called 'Superfeet' who designed ones specifically for Hockey - http://www.superfeet.com/products/Grey.aspx. They are amazing.

But I only play once,maybe twice a week, but I have never had a problem with my skates, the fit is perfect, they are insanely light, and if you can get the right fit in a one90, you will be instantly comfortable. I can tell you know, if you aren't comfortable with a one90 the first time you put it on, you won't be comfortable ever.

Lukko4 is offline   Reply With Quote