HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Does Mike R. Need to Work Harder?

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Nielson81

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Does Mike R. Need to Work Harder?

Sure Ribeiro has a great set of hands and good vision but you ask me he doesn't work hard enough and gives up way to easily when he loses the puck. You will see the majority of our players lose the puck and go hard after it, he just kind of gives up and skates away. Personally I would like him see a little harder, if he can find a work ethic I think he could be a 70 point, right now 50 is the tops he will ever get.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
01-03-2004, 12:52 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
No denying the skill, and I have a hard time questioning his effort, too. On the ice, he's real undersized, so even if he throws a hit or so it will go unnoticed. A lot of the time he'll throw himself at a player and bounce off. He's always worked hard in the offseason to bulk up, but I think he's naturally pretty skinny.

Maybe he could go after the puck harder, and I sure hope he does when we're in the playoffs this year, but as long as he's producing we probably need to be ragging on other players :p . I love watching him dangle out there, but his lack of strength and speed will probably be the reason he'll be replaced by Chris Higgins.

Old
01-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
No denying the skill...I love watching him dangle out there, but his lack of strength and speed will probably be the reason he'll be replaced by Chris Higgins.
...or be the reason he'll be the centre of a trade to bring in the right handed centreman that Gainey has stated he wanted. Ribs would be much better off in an organization that could immediately surround him with a lot of size which will take the pressure off him and afford that time to dangle that he's able to do.

Just a thought.

ACF

Old
01-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
...or be the reason he'll be the centre of a trade to bring in the right handed centreman that Gainey has stated he wanted. Ribs would be much better off in an organization that could immediately surround him with a lot of size which will take the pressure off him and afford that time to dangle that he's able to do.

Just a thought.

ACF

If Gainey could get a good big 2nd line Center for him i'd be happy but i don't think he have enough value.
specially that gainey stated that he's not willing to trade the prospects he would have to add.

Old
01-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Traitor8

A major shakeup will soon happen in Dallas.
They need a physical defenseman->Rivet
and we want a big right hand centre->Arnott

And I also have a feeling that Perreault will be dealt if we acquire another forward.

Rivet,Perreault for Arnott.

Maybe it's not fair but Dallas needs a shakeup and we have to many forwards. Gainey knows that Komisarek is ready.

Old
01-03-2004, 04:41 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
A major shakeup will soon happen in Dallas.
They need a physical defenseman->Rivet
and we want a big right hand centre->Arnott

And I also have a feeling that Perreault will be dealt if we acquire another forward.

Rivet,Perreault for Arnott.

Maybe it's not fair but Dallas needs a shakeup and we have to many forwards. Gainey knows that Komisarek is ready.
komi looks ready, all he needs is more ice time and his transition will be complete imo. as for getting arnott oh man id love to see that happen, it would take more to get him then rivet and perrault maybe a 2nd round pick as well. i would personally do it. with rivet gone that would give more ice time to komi wich i feel he should start to be getting soon. as for ribeiro i hate to hate players like him but hes just not passionate enuff, he never makes the second efforts, and we can't have a guy like that on our team imo, i hope he plays well and his stock escalades higher, then we can give him up, besides a strong centerman i feel we need to get a sniper on lw.
one question if anyone knows why the huge line jugling tonight??? do you guys think things maybe happening soon in trade terms?with auddete and kilger now gone i dont think its the end of it.

Closed Thread