OT-Celtics talk here

Old
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT815 View Post
Not Allen's fault because he shouldn't have been put in that position. They had the ball with 5.1 left on the clock and took too quick of a shot. They should have made sure that Detriot didn't get the ball back because they would score. Bad clock management.
Not only that, but giving the ball to Pierce instead of the red-hot (in this game) Ray Allen or even Garnett was highly dubious in my opinion. If Doc Rivers actually called the play for Pierce, that's the first time I call him out this year because he's pushed all the right buttons.

bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
Not only that, but giving the ball to Pierce instead of the red-hot (in this game) Ray Allen or even Garnett was highly dubious in my opinion. If Doc Rivers actually called the play for Pierce, that's the first time I call him out this year because he's pushed all the right buttons.
Yeah, that was a bad play... I knew it was going to be Pierce's shot, it's "his team" and this was the first really big game of the year, so he had to take it. He was so bad last night, always trying to force the shot, and rarely working the defense to get open. That shot was another case of forcing something that wasn't there, if he had taken that one second to settle a little bit before taking the shot, he would have had a better chance of making it and even if he missed the Pistons wouldn't have had time to take their shot.

Oh well, just the third loss. It's probably good that they lost actually, they can use this game to learn what it takes to beat the best in the league. The Pistons are a Championship team, and they're the team to beat, despite the C's having the best record right now.

Goalie27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
To we play Detroit again?

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 08:31 PM
acr*

I just came up with a way to make Celtics games ten times more entertaining.

Just keep your eye on Scot Pollard whenever he's on the floor. Watching whatever he tries to do next is just hilarious. Especially when he's covering Yao.

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
dabid

Celtics hold off the Rockets to improve to 27-3.

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
acr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post
Celtics hold off the Rockets to improve to 27-3.
Rajon RONDO had some nice baskets.

Old
01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
dabid

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
Rajon RONDO had some nice baskets.
Yup, RONDO is a good young player.

Last edited by dabid: 01-02-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Bourque7799

Kevin Garnett is the most electric player I've seen in awhile, anyone see late in the game when he was getting the entire building into it? Then goin nuts after he hit that shot...this is exciting as hell to watch

Bourque7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Waltah*

most people say the celts cant win the championship due to lack of depth on the bench. what do you folks think?

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
24giovanni

House, Posey, a healthy Tony Allen and Big baby is a pretty good and talented bench.

24giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
hckyguy14

I can't believe I am actually watching Basketball this year. This team is very exciting. I loved the fake behind the back pass that froze Yao by I think Rondo. Garnett and Allen are obviosly great additions to this team not just on the court, but in the locker room, and for the fans. This team has an obvious character.

I'm interested to see when they lose 3 or 4 in a row how they react though (if they ever do). Especially after the success they've had thusfar.

I guess that's what I get for being a Boston sports fan

But I refuse to be a bandwagon jumper. I'll watch, and route for them. But you won't catch me at a game or the parade if there is one

Old
01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Goalie27*

Quote:
Yup, RONDO is a good young player.
Rondo is going to be a star... He had the potential last year, but now he's playing with all these great players who will help him elevate his game to another level. He seems to get better almost every game. I was there last night, and he stood out more than anyone else on the court (until the end when KG took over). The Celtics do have a short window for a championship, but they still have a solid future as long as Rondo's manning the point.

Oh, and it's certainly no coincidence that when Rondo left the court the Celtics didn't play as well.

Old
01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Jeff from Maine

Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
They would've won handily if Paul Pierce wasn't a ballhog, throwing up bad angle shot after bad angle shot instead of using his teammates.

He's like Phil Kessel, except if his linemates were Kovalchuk and Lecavalier.
2nd highest assists totals of his caeer this season....considered by many in the national media as a top 10 MVP candidate.

He is having his best overall NBA season so far.

Later

Jeff from Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Jeff from Maine

I Wont Go That Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27 View Post
Rondo is going to be a star... He had the potential last year, but now he's playing with all these great players who will help him elevate his game to another level. He seems to get better almost every game. I was there last night, and he stood out more than anyone else on the court (until the end when KG took over). The Celtics do have a short window for a championship, but they still have a solid future as long as Rondo's manning the point.

Oh, and it's certainly no coincidence that when Rondo left the court the Celtics didn't play as well.
I think he is a good young player. But he isnt in the class of several of the other young points. For one, IMHO, he looks better than he is, because he is NEVER the focus of a defender. He is always the guy who gets dropped off of, when it colmes time to double down on someone else. Why does he get so many wide open jumpers, and always seems to have a wide open lane to drive?

Its because he is always the guy who will be dropped off of. The only time he has really faced a defender in his face was last season, when the C`s had no threats offensively. He failed miserably. He WAS a rookie, so I`ll give him that benefit of the doubt. But he only sees open shots this season..who CANT make open shots in the NBA? Pretrty much everyone can.

The proof is what you do when you consistently are a focus of a defenses gameplan.

Later

Jeff from Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Goalie27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
I think he is a good young player. But he isnt in the class of several of the other young points. For one, IMHO, he looks better than he is, because he is NEVER the focus of a defender. He is always the guy who gets dropped off of, when it colmes time to double down on someone else. Why does he get so many wide open jumpers, and always seems to have a wide open lane to drive?

Its because he is always the guy who will be dropped off of. The only time he has really faced a defender in his face was last season, when the C`s had no threats offensively. He failed miserably. He WAS a rookie, so I`ll give him that benefit of the doubt. But he only sees open shots this season..who CANT make open shots in the NBA? Pretrty much everyone can.

The proof is what you do when you consistently are a focus of a defenses gameplan.

Later
I agree with you there, he's certainly not on the level of Chris Paul or the other top-tier young point guards. But he's definitely in that second tier and will be a solid player for a long time. He's not going to be Steve Nash or Chauncey Billups, but he's going to be good. He's a decent shooter, he's good at controlling the pace of the game, he's creative with his passes, he's got quick hands (averaging almost 2 steals per game), and he's also a solid rebounder (for a point guard). I like to think of Rondo as a better version of Devin Harris (who is currently averaging 14 points and 5.4 assists, while he's only 24 years old). Keep in mind Rondo's only 21, he has shown flashes of brilliance this year (23 points, 6 assists, 4 steals, 4 rebounds against a very good Orlando team), and he's going to continue to get better. He's almost averaging 10-5-5 right now (9.6 - 5.4 - 4.0 to be exact), in only his second year in the league. He may never be a superstar, but he's the type of point guard you want running your team, and he'll be a solid contributor to the Celtics' success for years to come.

Old
01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
RupBoysDad
@Rupboysdad

Quote:
2nd highest assists totals of his caeer this season....considered by many in the national media as a top 10 MVP candidate.

He is having his best overall NBA season so far.

Later
He still puts up bad shots, but he is a much much much better player this year. He has his games (Detriot comes to mind when he force a bad shot with too much time on the clock)

Quote:

Later
I agree, Rondo's success this year is a direct impact of the players around him. He is a good PG, but he is not going to make a team better right now by his play making. He is very lucky that he have the ability to learn in grow as a PG with three very good scorers on his team. Yes, he is extrememly quick and he is a pretty decent finisher. He has some really good, flashy moves that have done him very well also. But he still needs to learn a little better how to control the pace of the game and how to force a good team defense to pay more attention to him. That should come with time though. I think he will be a solid NBA PG, but he won't come close to touching Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

RupBoysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
hckyguy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT815 View Post
He still puts up bad shots, but he is a much much much better player this year. He has his games (Detriot comes to mind when he force a bad shot with too much time on the clock)

I thought he should have drove the net on that. If he dosn't get the lay-up, he at lease gets the foul. Not to mention it drains more time off the clock.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
acr*

Down 8 in the fourth, and who's on the floor? Pierce, Posey, House, Scalabrine, and Pollard? Good job, Doc "Dave Lewis" Rivers. I know Allen's out tonight, but still...

Well, they cut it to five now...hopefully they pull this one out. There's no reason to lose ot frickin' Charlotte.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
dabid

11 point lead for Charlotte.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
acr*

Paul Pierce is going into God Mode

lol nba refs

Old
01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
dabid

Heinsohn is going nuts!

Old
01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
acr*

They're getting dominated by a guy named Nazi Mohammed.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:47 PM
dabid

These refs are terrible, Garnett gets held trying to catch a pass and the ball goes out of bounds. They just give the ball to the Bobcats, instead of calling a foul.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Didn't we lose to Charlotte earlier this year?

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:48 PM
acr*

Quote:
These refs are terrible, Garnett gets held trying to catch a pass and the ball goes out of bounds. They just give the ball to the Bobcats, instead of calling a foul.
Meanwhile Paul Pierce puts his hand in front of a shot, making no contact and he gives the Bobcats two shots.