HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Pro Hockey Questions

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2007, 02:49 PM
ImaPuckhead

vCash: 500
Pro Hockey Questions

Was chatting with my best friend and we came up with some questions and we had no idea of the answers. Knowing this board to be filled with knowledgeable fans I thought I would ask.

This is for NHL and if anyone has any AHL info that would be interesting as well.

Equipment - Who pays for sticks, pads, and skates? I am sure alot of players have sponsorships and get them free. How about the rest of the players?

The team pays for the Hotel when they are on the raod but do the players also get a meal allowance or per diem? The team seams to provide the pre game meal do they also provide other meals?

I cannot wait for training camp to start!!

GO BOLTS!!

Puck

Old
08-04-2007, 03:18 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Good questions. I'm not 100% sure on any of this but it would be my guess that in the NHL the guys get pretty much whatever they want. Seems the manufacturers would want the exposure. Now whether or not that type of request is done thru the team or straight thru the manufacturer is another question.

I know that in the minors atleast, you might see every single player on every team wearing Sher-Wood gloves or Mission helmets. I think in that case the league has maybe signed some sort of sponsorship deal to where the players all get some identical equipment.

Old
08-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
I don't know who pays for the sticks but I know it isn't the players, a few years ago Esposito was talking on 620 about how players will get a batch of 25 sticks or so and only keep two or three.

08-04-2007, 04:00 PM
missK

All equipment the players wear the NHL team purchases, it's part of the team's budget. The team also has a stick budget so the team will purchase sticks up until the budget is dry and then once all those sticks are used up (either broken or given away) the players start paying for them.

If you read the online CBA it explains the per diem amounts the players are given during training camps and road trips. The per diem is reduced when the team provides a meal or meals.

Closed Thread