Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[GER] Official 07-08 DEL thread

Old
10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardJFredricks View Post
From what I could get out of the translation it sounded like a really bad situation...including the team saying they would not discuss the matter again. Anyone know what happened? I've always been a Sellars fan, but he seems to be running out of teams to play for.
from what i heard, it's all around alcohol and his problems with it.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:09 PM
WillardJFredricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
from what i heard, it's all around alcohol and his problems with it.
I suspected it might be. It's too bad, he had the potential to be a good solid defenceman and have a nice career either in the AHL/Europe or possibly even the NHL.

WillardJFredricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Toni Porkka

Heavily drunken, he instigated a riot in a discothek. His teammates wanted to stop him. Finally, he started to hit them.

Toni Porkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
pelts35.com

I couldn't stand An*y *elmore when he played in the US and I really can't stand him now that he plays for Hamburg.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Sanderson

He actually played pretty well so far. His 5+GM today was an absolute joke, just like pretty much every other decision the ref and his two linesmen made. Really, I could name about 20 decisions out of my head that were so bad that you didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

The first truly horrible ref of the season so far. No comparison to Richard Schütz, who did an amazing job in the game against Frankfurt, I hadn't seen a game with so many big hits in the DEL for quite some time.

Apart from that, Hamburg was deep asleep until Heiko Dahle handed Nürnberg their second goal. Then the Freezers took over the game and should have tied it. A lucky break got Nürnberg the 3-1 five minutes before the end and it was pretty much over. I didn't know that you are allowed to swing your stick like an axe though. What a horrible slash that led to the 4-1. Of course Dahle missed it, like everything else in that game. Heck, they could have slashed him and he would have missed it...

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 05:28 PM
pelts35.com

Sanderson,

Given you are from Hamburg, can you give me an assessment of Pelletier's play thus far. I see he has played in every regular season game thus far (not playing in the 2nd Pokal game).

His numbers are pretty mediocre, so I'm wondering if it's because of his play or because of the team playing in front of him.

Old
10-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Sanderson

Well, yesterday was the first homegame where Pelletier was terrific. In the games before he made some great stops that should have been goals, but also let in shots that he really should have saved. It looked like he let in at least one bad goal every other game.

Overall, the defense is really bad, the only thing they are good at is special teams play. Sometimes they manage to defend well, only to hand the puck over right in front of their own net. Pelletier isn't on top of his game, but his numbers are mostly due to the team in front of him, he has to stop an exceptionally high number of quality chances.

Old
10-06-2007, 08:09 AM
pelts35.com

Sanderson,

Thank you for the report. Occassional updates throughout the season would be appreciated.

Based on some of the bad teams that Pelletier played on in the AHL he should be very used to playing behind a bad defense.

Old
10-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Sanderson

Great job by the linesman...
In the Düsseldorf-Iserlohn game there was a fight between Darren van Impe and Pat Kavanagh. For some unexplainable reason, one of the linesmen though that it was a good idea to jump at van Impe and pull him away.
What made it a really bad idea, was that van Impe's right foot was still trapped, so when the linesman pulled him away, it injured van Impe's right ankle. It will be examined further today, but it looks like a ligament-injury.

The head of the referees said that the linesman did his job, well, then it's no surprise that the refs and linesmen screw up so often, because if even the one in charge doesn't know the correct behaviour, how is he supposed to teach the refs and linesmen?

Old
10-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Sanderson

Wow, just wow. Yesterdays game felt like a plane-crash, horrific beyond imagination but somehow you couldn't look the other way.

Pinpoint accuracy in the passes, sadly you are not meant to set up your opponent in front of your own net.
The highlight was the 1-2. Rob Leask is waiting behind his own net. He has a teammate on his right and all the time in the world. The logical choice would be to break out from behind the net, because no one came challenging him. The next best choices would have been passing to the teammate on the right or even playing the puck along the boards. But Leask definately had a better idea, he put the puck exactly on the stick of the only opponent who was anywhere close. That guy wasn't even moving, he just stood there.

It's relatively easy to score, if you are set up from behind the net while you are all alone in front.

Old
10-10-2007, 08:34 AM
pelts35.com

Sanderson,

Are you referring to the Hamburg game yesterday?

Old
10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Sanderson

Yup, Hamburg's game against Iserlohn.

That must have been the worst game since Hamburg lost 0-7 at home against Franfurt quite a few years back. I have never seen a team that played so slow, apart from two or three scenes, there was more speed in the warmup than in the actual game.

Old
10-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Sanderson

This is getting really funny.

After the home-loss against Iserlohn, both team and fans were talking about how it's good that the next game would be on the road, because they have no trouble winning there

3-0 against Ingolstadt and the first shutout for Pelletier.

Sadly, the next game is at home

Old
10-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Toni Porkka

Wooooooooooooohhhoooooooo!!!!

Shut out against the Polar Bears, all goals by Jay Henderson!!! I love it!!!

Toni Porkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
WillardJFredricks

Would any Iserlohn fans be able to keep an eye on Sean Blanchard when he plays? He just signed a try-out and I really hope he plays well enough to make it. Thanks!

WillardJFredricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Shootmaster_44

The LA Kings did the weirdest thing I've ever seen. They took Manchester's captain Brendan Buckley and reassigned him to Iserlohn. Does anyone know if AEG owns Iserlohn? Seems like a weird place to send Brendan Buckley, if they aren't the owners.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Sealink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Does anyone know if AEG owns Iserlohn?
Definitely NO! The AEG owns the Eisbären Berlin and the Hamburg Freezers in Germany, but NOT the Iserlohn Roosters.

Sealink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Is it Radek Krestan or Radek Krzestan? What's his name on his jersey cuz I've seen it spelled both ways...

Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 04:15 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
Is it Radek Krestan or Radek Krzestan? What's his name on his jersey cuz I've seen it spelled both ways...
both should be correct. seems to be a matter of translation. but since the official homepage of the lions lists him as krestan, i'm pretty sure that's what he has on his jersey.
but one of our lions fans knows it for sure.

but who cares? he's just one of the lions.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
Definitely NO! The AEG owns the Eisbären Berlin and the Hamburg Freezers in Germany, but NOT the Iserlohn Roosters.
Then I wonder why the Kings sent him to Iserlohn instead of Eisbaren Berlin or Hamburg Freezers?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Sanderson

Judging from his own words, there were some things in Manchester that didn't go as he though they would, so that's why he wanted to go to Europe. Iserlohn wanted someone like him, so apparently they made him an offer.

It's only called "assigned" because officially he still is under contract in LA, they didn't release him.

Old
10-14-2007, 01:27 AM
fintan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardJFredricks View Post
Would any Iserlohn fans be able to keep an eye on Sean Blanchard when he plays? He just signed a try-out and I really hope he plays well enough to make it. Thanks!
Iserlohn licenced Blanchard on Friday and have said they are happy with what he has shown so far. I would say both are a fair indication that he will stay with the Roosters.

fintan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 03:37 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
both should be correct. seems to be a matter of translation. but since the official homepage of the lions lists him as krestan, i'm pretty sure that's what he has on his jersey.
but one of our lions fans knows it for sure.

but who cares? he's just one of the lions.
Easy buddy...and that's FIRST PLACE LIONS to you!

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 02:47 PM
pelts35.com

I just noticed the boxscore for the Hamburg/DEG match and only 4 penalties were called in the entire game that resulted in 3 powerplays, all for the DEG. Seems a little odd, doesn't it?

Old
10-19-2007, 03:50 PM
MAF
Rookie User

There were 5 penalties called...two of them at the same time which cancelled out each other. Hence only 3 PPs.

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote