Wild's top 6 wingers

Old
08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Chrisd

vCash: 500
Wild's top 6 wingers

assuming Kalus makes the team.

Gaborik, demitra, rolston, bouchard, parrish, kalus

You can't tell me there are many teams in the NHL with 3 lines of better wingers then that. You get scoring (gabby, demitra rolston, kalus ) passing ( bouchard, demitra) and the gritty play by guys like ( parrish and kalus )

Lets hope our centers come up big ...koivu, belanger, walz and possibly sheppard. Cuz our wingers are a very talented group, by far the best in franchise history.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
CTBoyntonFan44

Send a message via AIM to CTBoyntonFan44 Send a message via Yahoo to CTBoyntonFan44
If that lineup is correct, and I hope it is, you guys are going to have a very good team this season.

CTBoyntonFan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Actually I don't think Kalus will make it. He'll be on the bubble but Minnesota tends to carry 22 instead of 23 (cap hit reasons too) and assuming that...

Gaborik - Belanger - Demitra (for the love of God, we need a better 1st line center)
Bouchard - Koivu - Rolston
Veilleux - Walz - Parrish
Boogaard - Sheppard - Radiovojevic

I assume Moore or Radio might be sent down to the minors if Sheppard makes it.

Defense
Johnsson - Schultz
Carney - Burns
Nummelin - Skoula
Foster - Belle/Reitz/Stoner (hopefully like 1-5 minutes on the ice if that!)

That's 22 right there with two goaltenders...

Kalus I believe won't make it simply because we CAN stick him in the AHL. Sheppard we can't and it's hard to ignore Sheppard dominating the Q last year.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Chrisd

kalus WILL make it..

the odds he will make it are as good as the odds on kyle bailey not getting signed by the wild like i called

It's a lock ...Kalus is on the wild.

Old
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I don't know. Kalus might start out but might slide down.

Bailey not being signed is stupid by an organization looking for toughness and a good size center. But meh, this is the same organization that past on Brust (and look at the goaltenders past Harding we've drafted), Michalek, and Wilson.

Old
08-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Chrisd

1. Bailey will never suit up for 1 nhl game, he's a complete bumski.

2. Backstrom, harding, and Schaeffer all are much better then worthless Barry Bust.

You act like not having brust is holding this team back, get a grip.

Kalus on the squad in 2008, book it.

lord knows we missed out on brusts 3.7 gaa and .878 save %!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Schaeffer in limited action posted like a .920

you will say yeah but LA stinks!!! Well a .878 stinks on any team so booooooooooooya, you're boy barry brust is a AHL tender who got some NHL time, cuz the kings goalie situation is a joke, we have 3 goalies better then their best one.

Old
08-06-2007, 02:46 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Brust actually PLAYED in the NHL when no one said he would and he looked decent.

How's Kopriva doing on the AHL team? Or for that matter Quesada or Hovionen? How have they looked? And Khudobin? Oh right...

Brust would have been a nice stop gap for the team that is struggling with goaltending depth. Schaeffer is nice and all but he isn't a solution if Harding or Backstrom goes down long term.

The only real reason I don't see Kalus on the team is because 1) we need a center more than a winger (we have a lot of wingers) and 2) because we don't have anywhere to put Sheppard that would create a challange for him. Putting him back in the Q would make as much sense as putting Madsen back in the Q...

And actually I think Bernier is a lot better than Schaeffer.

Oh and I think Cam Ward must really, really suck since he had a .897 sv%...and what did Roloson had at one time?

.884 for Buffalo? And .897...and .890...Wow...He must have been a product of the Wild organization...

Last edited by thestonedkoala: 08-06-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old
08-06-2007, 03:27 AM
vitogor

I think Kalus will make it. He'll replace Hall on the 3rd line. So we have Kalus replacing Hall, and Belanger replacing White. If Sheppard makes it, he replaces Moore. Everything else stays the same. Veilleux/Radio/Boogey will sit depending on the opponent and the situation. Sheppard/Kalus will sit if they struggle.

Gaborik-Belanger-Demitra
Rolston-Sheppard/Koivu-Bouchard
Parrish-Sheppard/Koivu-Kalus
Veilleux/Boogaard/Walz/Radio

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Chrisd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
Brust actually PLAYED in the NHL when no one said he would and he looked decent.

How's Kopriva doing on the AHL team? Or for that matter Quesada or Hovionen? How have they looked? And Khudobin? Oh right...

Brust would have been a nice stop gap for the team that is struggling with goaltending depth. Schaeffer is nice and all but he isn't a solution if Harding or Backstrom goes down long term.

The only real reason I don't see Kalus on the team is because 1) we need a center more than a winger (we have a lot of wingers) and 2) because we don't have anywhere to put Sheppard that would create a challange for him. Putting him back in the Q would make as much sense as putting Madsen back in the Q...

And actually I think Bernier is a lot better than Schaeffer.

Oh and I think Cam Ward must really, really suck since he had a .897 sv%...and what did Roloson had at one time?

.884 for Buffalo? And .897...and .890...Wow...He must have been a product of the Wild organization...
what are the wild gonna do....we dont have barry brust, the organization has screwed us!!!!

How are we gonna recover, the curse or brust!

Old
08-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

[QUOTE=The Mad Hatter;10117107]Brust actually PLAYED in the NHL when no one said he would and he looked decent.

/QUOTE]

Hovionen was drafted just last year, you can't say anything yet about him and anyways, he was a late round pick. Kopriva sucks yeh. But Quesada was never drafted and was signed from college so I really don't think he cost the organisation anything. Khudobin was just signed to a contract so we'll see if your right about him.

And i HIGHLY doubt Barry Brust would solve our problems if Harding or Backstrom goes down long term either. I feel much safer with Schaefer than Brust

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Barry Brust.

Mmmm, I can't decide which I think is more stellar, his 3.70 goals against average, or his .878 save percentage. What a stud.

Instead the Wild kept that schmuck with the pink mask and his 1.16 GAA and .960 save %.

What were they thinking???!!!

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
The Big E

Xtra D limits forwards

Since Sean Hill will be suspended for the first 18(?) games, we'll be carrying 8 defensemen to start the season. That leaves us with 13 forward slots.

1. Gaborik
2. Demitra
3. Rolston
4. Bouchard
5. Koivu
6. Parrish
7. Walz
8. Veilleux
9. Boogaard
10. Moore
11. Belanger
12. Radio/Kalus
13. ???

I think that if Kalus plays the body as hard or harder than Radio, he'll make the team because of his offensive upside. I've not been impressed with Radio. I don't think he's particularly tough (on the ice) nor does he make much of an impact at all. Everything I've read about Kalus indicates he plays with a mean streak and will mix it up ... something we need that Radio wouldn't/couldn't provide.

As for the 13th spot ... sure Sheppard has a shot at it. As I've said before, he'll be playing wing if he makes it. We've got Koivu, Belanger, Walz and Moore. Belanger and Moore will be our face-off winners and hopefully Koivu will improve, so I don't see Sheppard getting much time at center. However, he'll learn a ton just like Bouchard and Burns did.

Then again, if they decide a grinder is in order for that 13th spot, Irmen has a shot.

Finally, I agree that we have a pretty awesome group of wingers. I also agree that Kalus will likely make the team and likely at the expense of Radio.

As for the urination contest between Hats and ChrisD ... Dudes ... I'm jes stayin' oot of the way ...

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Jimmy McNulty

Barry Brust? The same Barry Brust that the Kings didn't even give a qualifying offer to and is still unsigned?
I remember watching a couple of the games he played and he looked AWFUL. He's a minor league scrub, not worth losing sleep over.

As for the topic at hand, I think Kalus will make the team on the third line, probably across from Parrish. Like it's been mentioned before, Kalus is the type of guy that can contribute even if he's playing on a checking/energy line.

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
The Big E

Another thought is that the combination of Parrish, Moore and Kalus sounds pretty good to me. Parrish standing in front of the net, Moore fearlessly grinding for the puck and Kalus sniping, grinding and annoying. Sounds intriguing...

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

This is an interesting scenario but what if Minnesota decides to trade Bouchard at the beginning of the season? He keeps taking one year contracts and it could be easy to dump him. That would open up a spot on the top 6 for Parrish to slide into and Kalus on the third. And leaving Sheppard as reserve.

Old
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Chrisd

trade bouchard, a kid they invested a LOT in....stop smoking the good stuff.

Who cares about 1 year deals, they just want to see where his true value lies, and assess his worth this year. 1 year deals aren't a big deal at this stage in his career, if he was a UFA and kept doing it, then it is. Right now its a non issue.

Trading bouchard would be insanely foolish.

Old
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Well, it's going to become an issue when Bouchard becomes a free agent sooner than later. Riser, I thought, was getting a bit tired of the one year agreements and would have liked to have locked him up for more than a year this year, especially with the way contracts are going up.

Bouchard would command a lot back and given that we got Sheppard, Kalus, and Irmen coming up and Parrish on the roster for the next couple of years, our top 6 could lose Bouchard without missing a beat.

Old
08-06-2007, 07:30 PM
lancer247

do you think wild would take a shot at allison or pecca?

great depth on the wings but thin down the middle...

also describes my hair line

there is a lot of talk about umberger from the flyers being available...scored 36 goals in 1st two yrs...not much of a playmaker...flyers wouldn't ask for much back as long as your willing to take gauthier or hatcher's contract with umberger

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Colt.45Orr

PMB is switching to C this year to play with Gaborik.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 02:59 AM
Pepsi12pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
PMB is switching to C this year to play with Gaborik.
oh really... and you think this why?

Pepsi12pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Also, the reason PMB took a 1-year deal this year is because Riser probably wanted to avoid the arbitration and be forced to pay PMB a salary he did not feel comfortable with.

Thats what i take from it at least

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 02:40 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Which also says a lot...

Old
08-07-2007, 04:31 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post
trade bouchard, a kid they invested a LOT in....stop smoking the good stuff.

Who cares about 1 year deals, they just want to see where his true value lies, and assess his worth this year. 1 year deals aren't a big deal at this stage in his career, if he was a UFA and kept doing it, then it is. Right now its a non issue.

Trading bouchard would be insanely foolish.
One more 1-year deal and Bouchard will be a UFA. Of all the top young forwards we have in the NHL, or close to it, Bouchard is probably the most expendable. As talented as he is, he just doesn't have the "winner" tag yet. He's 1-dimensional and disappears in big games.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 05:04 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
I thought Gaborik played RW. Why is he on so many of these lineups on the left side? Also, couldn't Demitra be the #1C? I think he played there a lot in St.Louis and maybe even in LA.

I'm just thinking, wouldn't it make more sense to have the top line; _____-Demitra-Gaborik? Maybe it's just when I think of great forward duos, it's almost always a center and a winger, and Gabby/Demitra can be a dominant duo.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
One more 1-year deal and Bouchard will be a UFA. Of all the top young forwards we have in the NHL, or close to it, Bouchard is probably the most expendable. As talented as he is, he just doesn't have the "winner" tag yet. He's 1-dimensional and disappears in big games.
As an Oiler fan, I disagree. That guy is an absolute Oiler-killer.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote