HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cammalleri Numbers: 3.1 and 3.6

Old
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
CBGB

vCash: 500
Cammalleri Numbers: 3.1 and 3.6

HUGE win for the Kings!

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
riseandfall9

Good. This goes to show how stupid ass the people that were begging and pleading like morons that he signs a 5 years 25 million dollar deal LOL. I am starting to really love this arbitration thing.

Cammalleri is worth 4.5 to 7.

This value was DEAD ON. DEAD ON DEAD ON.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Captain Ron

OK I'll be the 1st to say it......Cammalleri @ $3.35M cap hit >>> Penner @ $4.25M cap hit.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Good. This goes to show how stupid ass the people that were begging and pleading like morons that he signs a 5 years 25 million dollar deal LOL. I am starting to really love this arbitration thing.

Cammalleri is worth 4.5 to 7.

This value was DEAD ON. DEAD ON DEAD ON.
He still is worth $5 million/year......we just got him for a huge discount.

Old
08-06-2007, 07:57 PM
mikealive

im actually really suprised. im not one of those who wanted to give him 5+ million, but i wouldve been fine with 4.5

looks like dean made a good case at the hearing, and this is definetly a good step at easing these insane salaries that have been given out lately.

cammy shouldve took the deal DL wanted to give him.

mikealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
$3.35M cap hit is great, a little lower than expected... I figured it would've been 3.5 - 4.0

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:01 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
He still is worth $5 million/year......we just got him for a huge discount.
No he isnt. He is worth 3.1 and 3.6 over 2 years. Thats what he was awarded. The person who awarded those numbers is a professional and his profession is to decide how much a players value is worth. And he is worth 3.1 - 3.6.

Anyways. I wont ruin it. I am very very happy and very excited that his agent and his greed were not rewarded.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:01 PM
King Blazer

Fair deal for both sides. Basically the same $$$ numbers as Frolov over the next two seasons and Cammalleri gets to UFA status one season earlier than Frolov...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Great news! Sounds pretty fair to both sides. If Cammalleri improves his numbers each of the next two seasons, than he'll be getting 5-6$ million per year, or more. I hope it works out and he's with the Kings for a long time.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
No he isnt. He is worth 3.1 and 3.6 over 2 years. Thats what he was awarded. The person who awarded those numbers is a professional and his profession is to decide how much a players value is worth. And he is worth 3.1 - 3.6.

Anyways. I wont ruin it. I am very very happy and very excited that his agent and his greed were not rewarded.
Sorry but right there you did ruin it? What is wrong with a player trying to get what he thinks he is worth?

Old
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM
mikealive

so when he be eligible to sign an extension, if the kings offer him one?

Old
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Sorry but right there you did ruin it? What is wrong with a player trying to get what he thinks he is worth?
Are you trying to tell me that Cammalleri isnt greedy? I will not get into this. So end it there.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealive View Post
so when he be eligible to sign an extension, if the kings offer him one?
He can't negotiate an extension until next offseason.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:05 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

It looks like Edmonton, Buffalo, NYR, and Philadelphia did not set the market.

Four teams doesn't make a market.

Good for the Kings. Good for the NHL. Now get out there and play your ass off kid.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that Cammalleri isnt greedy? I will not get into this. So end it there.
So if a guy goes to arbitration he is automatically labeled as "greedy"? If you have more evidence to prove this other than that I would like to hear it.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:07 PM
taylorguitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealive View Post
im actually really suprised. im not one of those who wanted to give him 5+ million, but i wouldve been fine with 4.5

looks like dean made a good case at the hearing, and this is definetly a good step at easing these insane salaries that have been given out lately.

cammy shouldve took the deal DL wanted to give him.
Maybe too good. Wasn't cammilleri already talking about how he was upset with the way that the Kings were doing things and wanting out when his contract was up? I may be confusing him with someone else, but if I'm not I'm sure that DL's case didn't help the situation. And if I am wrong, then I'm sure DL alienated him at least a bit. There's no denying that based on what other guys in the league got this off season Mike should've gotten more.

I think there's more to the story in the link above, why else wouldn't tsn have jumped on it yet?

taylorguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:10 PM
ManlyStanley*

WOW.. I was expecting 5... lol what a steal

ManlyStanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
So if a guy goes to arbitration he is automatically labeled as "greedy"? If you have more evidence to prove this other than that I would like to hear it.
Not going to get into this. Not going to give you the satisfaction. You are just being argumentative and I dont feel like giving you an answer.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
mikealive

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorguitars View Post
Maybe too good. Wasn't cammilleri already talking about how he was upset with the way that the Kings were doing things and wanting out when his contract was up? I may be confusing him with someone else, but if I'm not I'm sure that DL's case didn't help the situation. And if I am wrong, then I'm sure DL alienated him at least a bit. There's no denying that based on what other guys in the league got this off season Mike should've gotten more.
i dont remember that coming for cammi, i think your thinking of visnovsky. what it comes down to is, this is a business. this is also good for the future of the kings. what were we to do in 3 years from now, when brown, kopi, johnson, frolov, and others, were do for a raise. if cammi were to get 5+, would we be able to afford the others, who would have been hoping for 2,3.5,3,5 etc.

bottom line is that was his first real good season. now he has two more to prove that he's worth 5+, by being consistent. i believe if your gonna be making that much money in the nhl, you need to be consistent, year after year, just like how lombardi rewarded visnovsky.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

I think there's more to the story in the link above, why else wouldn't tsn have jumped on it yet?
I don't recall hearing anything like that. I do recall Cammalleri talking about the Kings growing as a team, and how they would be better sooner than people thought. He spoke as if he planned on being around for awhile.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Again, why should he have gotten more? This award was consistent with the other arbitration awards, which were considered to be lower than what fans might have expected. Many fans incorrectly assumed that just because Edmonton made two ridiculous offers for RFAs and Buffalo matched one of them that those overpayments should set the market.

Thankfully, the arbitrators said, "No!"

If Cammalleri can't bring himself to nut up and play, then I am sure Lombardi can get really good value for him in a trade. In fact, now more than ever I expect him to be dealt eventually, because I think he is wanting to hit the UFA market as soon as possible. That's his right, but the Kings aren't going to let him walk at the end of two more seasons and get nothing in return.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:15 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Again, why should he have gotten more? This award was consistent with the other arbitration awards, which were considered to be lower than what fans might have expected. Many fans incorrectly assumed that just because Edmonton made two ridiculous offers for RFAs and Buffalo matched one of them that those overpayments should set the market.

Thankfully, the arbitrators said, "No!"

If Cammalleri can't bring himself to nut up and play, then I am sure Lombardi can get really good value for him in a trade. In fact, now more than ever I expect him to be dealt eventually, because I think he is wanting to hit the UFA market as soon as possible. That's his right, but the Kings aren't going to let him walk at the end of two more seasons and get nothing in return.

Great Post. I couldnt have said it any better.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Sorry riseandfall9 ... but I'd say it more shows the stupidity of those that said we need to trade Cammalleri ... also until numbers come out from what both sides were asking for, all anyone is doing is speculating. This award COULD be what Cammalleri was seeking all along and the offer Lombardi ponied up was his MQO. So far THAT is ALL we TRUELY KNOW for sure.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:17 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Sorry riseandfall9 ... but I'd say it more shows the stupidity of those that said we need to trade Cammalleri ... also until numbers come out from what both sides were asking for, all anyone is doing is speculating. This award COULD be what Cammalleri was seeking all along and the offer Lombardi ponied up was his MQO. So far THAT is ALL we TRUELY KNOW for sure.
And why are you sorry to me? I think I was quiet justified in saying that if Cammalleri was awarded more then 4 million he should be delt. And I am quiet sure the number that was awarded was the number Lombardi was looking at. But we will let facts prove that in the future.

If Lombardi offered 1.7 and Cammalleri indeed did want 3.1-3.5 in this day in age and these sports 1.7 and 3.5 are no FAR apart. Thats what leads me to belive he wanted around 5. But you are correct. We will wait and see what he indeed wanted.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:19 PM
kingsfan25

WOW!! I didn't think it was coming in at anything below 4.5...DL really has managed to beat the market this off-season. This just caps off an excellent off-season for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Fair deal for both sides. Basically the same $$$ numbers as Frolov over the next two seasons and Cammalleri gets to UFA status one season earlier than Frolov...
I think Fro might be the comparable that many of us overlooked.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote