HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto - LA Offer

Old
08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Quik
Agent 0091

vCash: 500
Toronto - LA Offer

Okay, I'm a Toronto fan, and may be over-valuing our guys a bit, and under-valuing yours a bit, so please don't get really pissed off at me if this offer sounds ludicrous.

To Toronto: Cammalleri, LaBarbera, Lewis
To Los Angeles: Steen, Raycroft, Robbie Earl, 2nd Round Draft Pick 2009, Belfour Cap Hit (Only the hit, not paying anything)

To Toronto: $4.225 million cap hit
To Los Angeles: $3.671 million cap hit

This gives you a better starting goaltender who can play a solid 50-60 games, especially after playing in 72 last season, a player in Steen who will definitely become at least a top 6 forward with defensive responsibility, and could become a very good first liner with defensive responsibility, and good young prospect, who can become either a top 6 guy, or a really good skilled 3rd liner, as well as a 2nd round pick in the Tavares Draft. The only reason you take on the Belfour cap hit is so that we can fit both Camm and LaBarbera under the cap.

What you lose is a guy who is still pretty young, on a good contract for someone with his production last season who is still improving, and could become a 90+ point player, a prospect from a very deep pool that is replaced by a lesser version of himself, and a back-up goaltender.

Once again, feel free to discuss, but don't bite my head off if you do not like this offer.

Last edited by Quik: 08-07-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to add Cap Hits
Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 09:10 AM
LombardiTool

If you have to start a post like this:

"Okay, I'm a Toronto fan, and may be over-valuing our guys a bit, and under-valuing yours a bit, so please don't get really pissed off at me if this offer sounds ludicrous."

It's probably your conscious telling you not to post.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

What is it about Lombardi's statement that the Kings have no interest in Raycroft, that Leaf fans don't understand? Got that? ZERO, NADA, NONE. We don't want your salary dump goaltender.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
Raycroft is garbage! I'll pass for sure on this offer!

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

The kings fans won't liek it but, I don't like it even more. Mind you, I'm one of the three people in the world who surived the "incident" when they killed everyone who thinks that Raycroft is drastically underrated.

Old
08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
dubey
Registered Genius

I'm a Toronto fan too and I really don't see why LA would accept this deal. Cammalleri is an absolute steal right now for them much like Kaberle is for us. If there was a trade I'd expect it to be a 1 for 1 with both of those players, no more no less. Just because they don't have a starting goalie doesn't mean they are going to overpay that much for one. I mean, they'll have to overpay but I doubt that Cammalleri would be involved in a deal because of the lack of quality starters available for trade right now.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayboardn View Post

While I would pass on the offer, I'd be a complete moron to think that "Raycroft is garbage." Garbage goaltenders don't win Rookie awards. Garbage goaltenders don't play 72 games last season, and win 37 games, and have 2 shutouts... on a team whose defense featured offensive minded salary bloated miscreants like McCabe and Kubina...

I'm not saying Andrew Raycroft is "elite," but he's proven that he can handle the work load of a true #1 goaltender, and on a mediocre team like the Leafs (who, last time I checked, had a better record than the Kings last season) he's going to have his clunker games, but he's just 27 years old, and history is on his side when examining the age goaltenders ripen.

The Kings haven't had a goaltender of any real substance, save for 2/3 of a good season by Felix Potvin, since Rogie Vachon, and while Andrew Raycroft may not be the guy to erase the memory of 30 bad goaltenders, he's proven a lot more than the majority of those that have walked before him here in Los Angeles.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
While I would pass on the offer, I'd be a complete moron to think that "Raycroft is garbage." Garbage goaltenders don't win Rookie awards. Garbage goaltenders don't play 72 games last season, and win 37 games, and have 2 shutouts... on a team whose defense featured offensive minded salary bloated miscreants like McCabe and Kubina...
When you started rattling off those numbers the name that immediately came to mind (for me, at least) was Jim Carey. Played 71 games, won 35 games, had 9 shutouts, and won the Vezina Trophy...

Whenever I look at Raycroft and his numbers that's one of the names that really jump out at me as a negative comparison. It might be unfair, but I can't shake the thought that if the Kings traded for him, we'd be getting Jim Carey the sequel.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 10:51 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Toronto fans - please stop.

You're not getting Cammalleri or Lewis or ... anybody else ... and IMO the Kings don't need or want anyone from the 'Maple Leaves'.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Awayboardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post

I'm not saying Andrew Raycroft is "elite," but he's proven that he can handle the work load of a true #1 goaltender, and on a mediocre team like the Leafs (who, last time I checked, had a better record than the Kings last season) he's going to have his clunker games, but he's just 27 years old, and history is on his side when examining the age goaltenders ripen.

The Kings haven't had a goaltender of any real substance, save for 2/3 of a good season by Felix Potvin, since Rogie Vachon, and while Andrew Raycroft may not be the guy to erase the memory of 30 bad goaltenders, he's proven a lot more than the majority of those that have walked before him here in Los Angeles.
2005-2006 Bruins 30 1,618 8 19 - 2 100 824 0 3.71 .879
2005-2006 Providence AHL 1 64 1 0 - 3 23 0 2.80 .870
2006-2007 Maple Leafs 72 4,108 37 25 - 9 205 1,931 2 2.99 .894

I'm sorry...I don't believe he's a good goalie...it's just my opinion...look at his division compared to ours...if he's posting 3 goals against per/game in the northeast division what do you think he's going to do in our division which I think is one of the elite in the NHL??

Old
08-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
The kings fans won't liek it but, I don't like it even more. Mind you, I'm one of the three people in the world who surived the "incident" when they killed everyone who thinks that Raycroft is drastically underrated.
Ha, you and me both. I still like Raycroft.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Awayboardn

I shouldn't have said that...hahha...I'm just getting tired of getting goalies that turn out to be busts!!!! It really is too early and he did have a decent season...I just wish the kings would stick to our prospects and mold a franchise goalie like Giguere! It might take a while but it will happen!

Old
08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Heathen, be gone and rid of ye mind numbing trade offers!

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
2005-2006 Bruins 30 1,618 8 19 - 2 100 824 0 3.71 .879
2005-2006 Providence AHL 1 64 1 0 - 3 23 0 2.80 .870
2006-2007 Maple Leafs 72 4,108 37 25 - 9 205 1,931 2 2.99 .894

I'm sorry...I don't believe he's a good goalie...it's just my opinion...look at his division compared to ours...if he's posting 3 goals against per/game in the northeast division what do you think he's going to do in our division which I think is one of the elite in the NHL??
Not debating the trade here.. but in regards to divisions the NE had the two highest scoring teams in the league in Ott and Buf.. more goals for in the NE than any other division...

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Winger23

I really wish people would stop posting thier teams extra players for 1st line players from other teams. Just because Raycroft > current kings goalies does not automatically make it a fair trade.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
I just wish the kings would stick to our prospects and mold a franchise goalie like Giguere! It might take a while but it will happen!

... just like they did with Jamie Storr

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
devilinto

Well that is a very funny trade offer. It would be like taking the nuts off a guy. Cammy with a hit of 3.1 and 3.6 is one of the NHLS most productive players in the NHL.
The u send of Raycroft, which LA does not need and Steen a kid that has been hyped up by the LEAFS.
Bottom line is the Leafs dont have anything the Kings would want except maybe Toskala and Kaberle.
Thats about it.

Kings got Tonnes of good young kids!

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Mr_Jones*

What exactly would be the impetus for Lombardi to do this?

LA gets: 2 salary dumps, a pick we don't need, a prospect who I'm sure we have a better version of, and Steen
LA loses: our top scorer with a nice - albeit short - contract, our potential #1 goalie, and Lewis.

Jesus H. Kopitar, what the hell? Put yourself in Lombardi's shoes. What's supposed to make you want to do that deal?

Last edited by Mr_Jones*: 08-09-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
B-MEL

best thing in that deal is the "Belfour Cap Hit"

Sincerely,

Barry Melrose

B-MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

At least you acknowledge your bias, but this is rediculous. We just a huge arbitration steal with Cammy and you want us to give him away for what? Alex Steen was no proven that he has the potential to play top 6 minutes yet. Andrew Raycroft who has been terrible snice his rookie year. If we had wanted someone like Raycroft we would have kept Garon since his 05-06 stats are very similiar to Raycroft's 06-07 stats(.894svp, 3.22gaa, 31W, 4so to Raycroft's .894svp, 2.99svp, 37W, 2so). LA simply does not need that type stop gap. Not to mention we'd then have A Raycroft/Cloutier tandem since we'd had to give a Labs. The mere thought of that makes me cringe. Then we get Earl, a decent enough prospect yes, but I still take Lewis any day of the week. The second rounder only makes up for us having to take Belfour's cap hit. Oh yeah, and sorry to burst your bubble but that second rounder would have no chance at Tavares. So it really does not matter that it is the "Tavares Draft". No sorry, but this deal is not even close.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 01:35 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
I shouldn't have said that...hahha...I'm just getting tired of getting goalies that turn out to be busts!!!! It really is too early and he did have a decent season...I just wish the kings would stick to our prospects and mold a franchise goalie like Giguere! It might take a while but it will happen!

Giguere was drafted in 1995... so it took a DOZEN years to win the cup.

What's 50 years of futility among friends... Kings fans?

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
devilinto

Damn i did not even notice that Lewis was involved in the deal.

HA HA HA!!

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Gutchecktime

LOL. You guys knew he was being biased, so couldn't you have just said no instead of taking the opportunity to bash players not even included in the deal?

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
LOL. You guys knew he was being biased, so couldn't you have just said no instead of taking the opportunity to bash players not even included in the deal?
Where did that happen? One guy used "garbage" to describe a player who was involved in the deal and was taken to task for it. Where's the bash?

edit: ah HA! Kubina and McCabe as "salary bloated miscreants" deep within a TT post. Well, I suppose that if you read him as often as we get to, you'd know that this is fairly normal descriptive adjective "flair". I'd have to agree with him on "salary bloated", but "miscreant", I suppose is debatable...

For what it's worth, Eklund is reporting that "There are a few deals that could now happen, including Kubina to LA.". So perhaps his bloat will float our way soon.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks

Quote:
I'd much rather Rayzor over Cloutier or LaBarbera. You'd be improving your goaltending at least. I'm not giving an opinion on the suggested offer, just analyzing goalies.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote