No 20 30.30%
No, he is going to get traded at the trade deadline or before 30 45.45%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Fattal

vCash: 500
Marian Hossa

Do you guys think Marian Hossa is going to sign a contract extension before July 08?

Fattal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM

No.

He has shown in the past that he is all about the money. Hossa will be the marque ufa next summer and command $10 Million+.

Barring a great offer (another Heatley for Hossa) just before camp, the only way DW will trade him is if we are completely out of it at the deadline. If we are not mathematically eliminated, DW will try to ride him into the playoffs so the sales people have something to talk about when they are trying to renew season tickets during march & april.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
ManlyStanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37 View Post
No.

He has shown in the past that he is all about the money. Hossa will be the marque ufa next summer and command $10 Million+.

Barring a great offer (another Heatley for Hossa) just before camp, the only way DW will trade him is if we are completely out of it at the deadline. If we are not mathematically eliminated, DW will try to ride him into the playoffs so the sales people have something to talk about when they are trying to renew season tickets during march & april.
I think he would trade him, rather than letting him go via free agency.

ManlyStanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
ManlyStanley*

and no one will pay Hossa 10 million, the only team that would be able to give such a contract are Colorado, Philly, and NY Rangers, and they are all up to the cap...

ManlyStanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyStanley View Post
It all depends on where the Thrashers are at the deadline. The Thrashers would rather lose him for nothing and make the playoffs, that trade him for picks and prospects and miss.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyStanley View Post
I hope so, but he held onto Savard and made that infamous playoff guarantee even though we had gone through 5 goalies in 05-06. We shall see.

Old
08-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Can I have him back?

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Korky94

i'm not sure if this is true, but i heard talk that hossa has some allergy problem in atlanta... anyone have information on this?

Korky94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadIsHollywood View Post
i'm not sure if this is true, but i heard talk that hossa has some allergy problem in atlanta... anyone have information on this?
I can say that I have never heard that since Hossa came to Atlanta until these "trade rumors" began about 2 weeks ago.

However, if there is a city in the NHL where someone would have an allergy problem it is Atlanta. The pollen really has to be seen to be believed, for large stretches of the spring the entire metro area is coated in lime green pollen. This spring was one of the worst ever, as we did not have much rain to wash it away. It was almost like a light dusting of snow at some points this spring.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Magnus Fulgur

There were Hossa trade rumours before the draft.

It doesn't make sense for us to try and keep Hossa. We already have a younger superstar in Kovalchuk, a great vet in Kozlov, and Kari.

We're set at LW (Kovy, Kozzy, and Lavallee and Slater) we're almost set at RW with Sterling and Dupuis (if we replace Hossa with say, Bernier) and we're not set at center.

This team is bleeding money. If we can turn Hossa's big salary into two strong mid-priced players, we can still make the playoffs and not have to see another one of Hossa's playoff burnouts.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
RoyalAir
Looks Better In Gold

I'd trade him for sure. He's good, and in the right situations his play reminds you of all that is beautiful about the game.

But, he's kind of a prima donna. If there were a way ATL could get a center and a young wing for him and a pick (say, Cammy/Brown or McD/Perry) I'd do it. I just don't want him in the SE division.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 08:16 AM
BruinAddict

Just throwing this out there to see your thoughts.

Hossa

for

Glen Murray (2 years @ 4.1) + Aaron Ward (1 year @ 2.75) + David Krejci (Entry level) + Mark Stuart (Entry level)

Krejci and Stuart are two of our top prospects. Krejci had a great rookie year last season in the AHL and looks to be a 2nd-line center at worst. Great vision and play-making abilities with outstanding hockey sense. Mark Stuart was the captain of the US World Junior team that won gold a few years back. A big, tough, physical defenseman who is also an above average skater. He won't put up many points, but he's a future captain and rock on the back end.

Stuart: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/mark_stuart

Krejci: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david_krejci

Thoughts?

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 08:59 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
We're set at LW (Kovy, Kozzy, and Lavallee and Slater) we're almost set at RW with Sterling and Dupuis (if we replace Hossa with say, Bernier) and we're not set at center.
Do you really believe this? Kozzy is getting older. How much longer will he be very effective? Slater has done nothing in two seasons to say he's worthwhile as either a center or a LW. I like Dupuis, but as a third liner with only spot second-line duty. Neither Sterling nor Lavallee have skated a single NHL shift. Neither of them may pan out. I don't believe the team is set, long term, at either wing position.

flerd_trandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict View Post
Just throwing this out there to see your thoughts.

Hossa

for

Glen Murray (2 years @ 4.1) + Aaron Ward (1 year @ 2.75) + David Krejci (Entry level) + Mark Stuart (Entry level)

Krejci and Stuart are two of our top prospects. Krejci had a great rookie year last season in the AHL and looks to be a 2nd-line center at worst. Great vision and play-making abilities with outstanding hockey sense. Mark Stuart was the captain of the US World Junior team that won gold a few years back. A big, tough, physical defenseman who is also an above average skater. He won't put up many points, but he's a future captain and rock on the back end.

Stuart: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/mark_stuart

Krejci: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/david_krejci

Thoughts?
No. Horrible for both teams.

1.) I don't see how Boston is in a position to move 2 of their starting D. Any deal involving both Ward and Stuart that doesn't bring back a top pairing defenseman = Boston missing the playoffs, again.

2.) Murray and Ward don't help us get any younger, and appear to only be salary dumps (understandable, gotta find room somewhere). Krejci is way too unpolished. That makes Stuart the center piece of the deal. Stuart is nice, but we need offense coming back the other way, now.

Old
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I can say that I have never heard that since Hossa came to Atlanta until these "trade rumors" began about 2 weeks ago.

However, if there is a city in the NHL where someone would have an allergy problem it is Atlanta. The pollen really has to be seen to be believed, for large stretches of the spring the entire metro area is coated in lime green pollen. This spring was one of the worst ever, as we did not have much rain to wash it away. It was almost like a light dusting of snow at some points this spring.
I was down and out for much of April because of it. Didn't stop me from going to the last home game and Game 2 of the Rangers series.

I'm suffering a bit this summer because of the smog.

If Hossa wants to be traded because of allergies here in Atlanta, that would probably rank as one of the oddest reasons for a trade ever.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Fattal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I'd trade him for sure. He's good, and in the right situations his play reminds you of all that is beautiful about the game.

But, he's kind of a prima donna. If there were a way ATL could get a center and a young wing for him and a pick (say, Cammy/Brown or McD/Perry) I'd do it. I just don't want him in the SE division.
This is way too much for Hossa, he is going to be UFA next summer, no way Atlanta are going to get 2 great young player like Cammeleri and Dustin Brown. Then McDonald and Perry, still too much, considering Hossa is going to be UFA next summer, Anaheim wouldn't give Perry alone for Hossa...

Fattal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 06:22 PM
15theheatison*

If you guys could keep one of the big two, who would you keep?

I don't think Hossa will re-sign but I don't think he's going to simply follow the money. He'll probably try to find a team in a better chance (than Atlanta) of going for the Cup if the Thrashers don't make it far this year.

15theheatison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 06:44 PM
captain AARON MAIDEN*

Kim Johnsson+Bouchard+Pouliot+Irmen+2 x 1st r.

for Hossa

Gabby-Demo-Hossa----->>>>best line ever

captain AARON MAIDEN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
No. Horrible for both teams.

1.) I don't see how Boston is in a position to move 2 of their starting D. Any deal involving both Ward and Stuart that doesn't bring back a top pairing defenseman = Boston missing the playoffs, again.

2.) Murray and Ward don't help us get any younger, and appear to only be salary dumps (understandable, gotta find room somewhere). Krejci is way too unpolished. That makes Stuart the center piece of the deal. Stuart is nice, but we need offense coming back the other way, now.
To LA:Hossa

To ATL: Cammalleri(3.35 for 2 years, 80 points 34 goals) , Brown(1.75 RFA at end of the season 4 more seasons of RFA. 46 points) Cammy is almost 25. Brown just turned 22 during the season.

Would free up ALOT of cap space and add 2 players. Go for the depth.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2007, 03:36 AM
slovakfan*

hossa WAS all about money

but now he is saying he want winning team. in recent article on question about money said: next year i will get 7 mil dollars, so it will be not about money, but about what team will be able to do.

btw. he won again this year "Slovak player of the year"
http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/11852

and on the end of this article he was asked about stanley cup or at least president trophy.
his answer:
"Ja urobím všetko preto, aby som pomohol tímu k nejakej trofeji. Treba mať veľa šťastia, silnú obranu a brankára. V tíme ale veľa zmien nenastalo, nejaké obmeny tam síce sú, ale v princípe je štruktúra rovnaká a tvár mužstva bude podobná."

I will make everything to help my team to win some trophy. You need a lot of luck strong defence and goalie. I team there were not many changes, there are some changes but principaly there is the same structure and face of the team will be similiar.

it doesn't seem he is happy in atlanta....
oh.. no. is is happy in atlanta. he loves the city and life there. he said it many times. but i think.. reading between lines... he is not happy with way team is going.
AND. he is not talking about money anymore.

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
hossa WAS all about money

but now he is saying he want winning team. in recent article on question about money said: next year i will get 7 mil dollars, so it will be not about money, but about what team will be able to do.
Too bad for him he didn't have that epiphany about winning being more important than money before they ran him out of Ottawa on a rail...

P.S. If you see Hossa walking around Slovakia, tell him I won't be yelling "HOSSA, HOSSA, HOSSA" again until that extention is a done deal.

Old
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

I seriously doubt Hossa is going anywhere. They gave up Heatley to get him, and unless a team offers a deal too good to pass up Hossa will remain a Thrasher.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Magnus Fulgur

they didn't give up Heatley, they were forced to move Heatley and they had to take the best player possible. In return they HAD to take Greg deVries too and take on a whopping 8m plus in salary.

Hopefully Heatley leaves Ottawa too...

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

everyone knows Heatley was dealt for Hossa and de Vries.

my point is, we gave up a high end talent to get a high end talent, and the only way we would deal Hossa is to swap for another high end talent.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2007, 12:17 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Too bad for him he didn't have that epiphany about winning being more important than money before they ran him out of Ottawa on a rail...
agree with that... he should ask that money after winning a cup or at least president trophy

but... he was best or at least on of the best senators in PLAY OFF so bringing cup to ottawa was maybe just question of time here...

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote