HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal

Old
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
ThorntonFan19

vCash: 500
Proposal

To LA: Pavelski + 2nd

To SJ: D Brown

Personaly i don't want the sharks to trade Pavelski but I was just wondering what other teams thought of him and would give up for him. Pavelski has a great shot (especially his slapper) , is great on the shoot out infact he is 3-3 (4-4 if you count his break away in LA) and can turn a harmless play into a goal.

sorry if this is a horrible proposal, cause im not to good at them

flame away

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 11:31 PM
mikealive

wow. i dont know too much about pavelski, but from what i remember, he has alot of upside. that would be something to think about, although right now we need people that can hit, and brown is one of the best in the league. it would be hard to part ways with him.

mikealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

While I think your value is pretty darn close, this deal simply does not make sense from the Kings perspective, IMO. Brown along with Calder are the only Kings forwards who bring much grit at all, and the Kings simply do not need another smallish center with offensive skills. Although this value may be right, I think that at this time this deal make no sense.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 06:04 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

I agree with the posters above. we need Brown.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 06:37 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I'd take that deal and run like a bandit.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:02 AM
ThorntonFan19

So the value is close but Brown is irraplaceable. Thanks guys

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
To LA: Pavelski + 2nd

To SJ: D Brown

Personaly i don't want the sharks to trade Pavelski but I was just wondering what other teams thought of him and would give up for him. Pavelski has a great shot (especially his slapper) , is great on the shoot out infact he is 3-3 (4-4 if you count his break away in LA) and can turn a harmless play into a goal.

sorry if this is a horrible proposal, cause im not to good at them

flame away
I'd take this deal in a second! I watched Pavelski a lot last season...he was rippin! I love Brown and his physical play but we have Ivanans to bang guys around...plus we could use that 2nd to get another gritty foward!

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd prefer another physical player back in return, such as Ryane Clowe or Steve Bernier. Might seem like a lateral move for the Sharks, but there is no forward on the Kings roster who can replace Brown's physical game.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayboardn View Post
I'd take this deal in a second! I watched Pavelski a lot last season...he was rippin! I love Brown and his physical play but we have Ivanans to bang guys around...plus we could use that 2nd to get another gritty foward!
Who will be ready in 3-5 years. The Kings are getting close to becoming a contender and need guys that can play now. They have the scorers in O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Frolov, Cammy, etc but very few physical forwards. And Ivanans can't catch anybody to bang guys around. He is a fighter, not a power forward. Kings really cannot afford to get any softer.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:50 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'd prefer another physical player back in return, such as Ryane Clowe or Steve Bernier. Might seem like a lateral move for the Sharks, but there is no forward on the Kings roster who can replace Brown's physical game.
I agree with this.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgKings13 View Post
Who will be ready in 3-5 years. The Kings are getting close to becoming a contender and need guys that can play now. They have the scorers in O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Frolov, Cammy, etc but very few physical forwards. And Ivanans can't catch anybody to bang guys around. He is a fighter, not a power forward. Kings really cannot afford to get any softer.
This is true...but I would take a team with finesse over a team w/grit anyday...being simply tuff doesn't always put the puck in the net...but it goes both ways....your right...you need a mix of grit/finesse...and Brown is very physical and was starting to put the puck in the net more often towards the end of last season!! so it's a hard position...I just think Pivelski showed extreme potential...especially when he was playing alongside likes of Thornton and Marleau...it just seems like he can be molded easier into a franchise player imo.

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
I agree with this.
as do i... but that IS a helluva proposal.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayboardn View Post
This is true...but I would take a team with finesse over a team w/grit anyday...being simply tuff doesn't always put the puck in the net...but it goes both ways....your right...you need a mix of grit/finesse...and Brown is very physical and was starting to put the puck in the net more often towards the end of last season!! so it's a hard position...I just think Pivelski showed extreme potential...especially when he was playing alongside likes of Thornton and Marleau...it just seems like he can be molded easier into a franchise player imo.
I seriously doubt either Brown or Pavelski become a franchise player. Both will make very good second liners, but I would not bank my team on either of them. As I see it, Brown is right now the better player all-around including offensively and although Pavelski might eventually bring a slight edge in offensive production, Brown intangibles will always make him more valuable. Oh, and BTW, I could score with Thornton and Marleau on my line.

Also, look at the teams that have had alot of recent success and you will notcie that many of them have had alot of gritness and physical play. Look at SJ, ANA, OTT, etc. Sure there are the Buffalo's but many more teams have been successful playing good hard old-time hockey.