HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To proposers:

Old
08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Homunculous

vCash: 500
To proposers:

Just thought I'd throw this out there for other teams fans coming over here with the odd assumption that we are in dire need of their left overs.

First of all, we do not need your 5-7 D-Men. We have some youngsters who could really use a shot with the big club at being our #7 D-Man(Petoit, Piskula, Harrold, Hersley, Boyle if he converts and does so quickly and maybe even Fransson if he comes over.) if we were to Trade for a D-Man one would have to be going the other way, which I just cant see. Johnson and Vishnovsky are here to stay for the forseeable future, Stuart, Modry and Preissing just signed with us and I cant see Lombardi jettisoning them even if it is allowed (isnt there atleast some restrictions to trading recently signed UFA's) and then there's Blake, who I cannot see, much to my shagrin, being traded without playing atleast one full season with Johnson ala Larry Murphy with Blake. I would welcome trading Blake, but I just cant see it happening.

Blake-Johnson
Vishnovsky-Stuart
Preissing-Modry
Dallman/aforementioned youngsters

At forward we have a promising group that has absolutely no more need for a third liner who can squeeze onto the second line in a pinch as I do believe we have about six of them already.

Frolov-Handzus-Nagy
Cammy-Kopitar-Brown
Thornton-O'Sullivan-Calder
Zeiler-Armstrong-Willsie
Ivanans

If we make any trade waves before the season it will be for a goalie, and as all Kings fans on this board have stated it wont be for a backup, we already have two as it is.

LaBarbera-Cloutier

We have a couple of albatross contracts on our team (Blake, Cloutier and to some extent Armstrong) but beyond that we dont need any skaters. If you want Cammy, Brown, Frolov etc we better get a starting NHL netminder, picks are nice, but keep in mind we already have our fair share and there is no point in acquiring more unless we see it as a foregone conclusion that we dont have a shot at the playoffs in which case I see absolutely no point in creating a log jam with the 1 year contracts we signed.

In short, there is absolutely no reason for us to overpay for a backup goalie who has just as much chance to prosper as LaBabara when we already have two shot in the dark tenders at the moment, and no we dont need your overvalued third liners/7th Dmen.

Then again this is just one fan's view on the whole subject, I do like the occasional trade proposal myself. But it gets ridiculous when you see a proposal that is close to acceptable and just cant figure out why it doesnt seem right.... Oh yeah it must be that you've just read through 27 straight outrageous ones that would in no way whatsoever benefit your team.

Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
Frolov, Handzus, Nagy....can't wait to see that! I know we all say this every season, but I think we are going to have a pretty solid team this year!

Awayboardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

I agree.

See 'HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk'

Couple recent threads:
1. 'Why the Kings are not interested in trading for your backup goalie'
2. 'Trade Proposal-Edm, LA, and Toronto'

It seems like the fans of the Canadian teams are especially delusional with regards to the Kings' overall situation and plan.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote