HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4th Line

Old
08-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Cook24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
4th Line

Hey, I was thinking to myself, if our lines look like this:

Frolov-Kopitar-Cammalleri
Nagy-Handzus-Brown
O'Sullivan-Armstrong-Calder
???-Zeiler-Willsie

Who would you guys rather have as our 4th line LW, Thornton or Ivanans. This is assuming Zeiler will play center. I would preferably have Ivanans out there, who would be a much better choice to protect the young guys rather than Thornton.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Thankfully with Thornton and Willsie being on the final year of their contracts, the Kings fourth line in the future could be centered by a natural center, Brady Murray, with Zeiler on the RW and Ivanans or another player from the system on the left.

I figure for next season, on most nights, we will see Thornton dressed (if he isn't hurt). But seeing how he's rarely 100%, Ivanans should get in his fair share of games. I figure Ivanans to appear in 50-60 or so games.

Ivanans, who signed an extension this past year, will also be unrestricted next summer. I would hope he continues to improve his abilities, with and without the puck as well as further proving himself as a top heavyweight in the NHL. If he does so, he will warrant yet another contract extension from the team.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:10 AM
LAKings4ever

I am going in a different direction than most, I want an energy group than will hit lights out: Tukonen / Zeiler / Ivanans

Extras: Thornton & Willsie

This group won't score a lick, but they would put a hurt into the opponents...a good opprotunity for Tuk's if he can make the team. I don't see Thornton or Willsie adding adding the fierce hitting I would want from the 4th line....just my opinion.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Thornton-Zeiler-Ivanans is what I expect when everyone's healthy. That won't be often.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:34 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Thornton-Zeiler-Ivanans is what I expect when everyone's healthy. That won't be often.
Middleweight-Pest-Heavyweight

I like it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I like it because it keeps the guy making the runs and giving out the late hits protected by two guys most players won't want to get tangled with. Especially in the case of Ivanans.

Willsie doesn't bring "fourth line attributes" to a 4th line role. He brings second and third line attributes and those are nowhere near good enough to have him playing in those spots on most any team in the league, IMO. Sure he could play for Phoenix or something, but for a team with a forward group like this, I expect far better.

I remember making a case when he was signed that Willsie would be a good addition to the third line, boy was I wrong.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

No matter it is put, our fourth line will be a constant rotation of Zeiler, Ivanans, Thornton, Willsie, Dallman/Murray/Training Camp surprise. All bring different attributes to the table, and it will allow Crawford many different options each night. It is a nice mix, but one that could stand to get faster and younger, but should with the release of Willsie, Thornton, Dallman next year.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
spudboy

Why do people continually put Zeiler at center? Did he ever play there last year?

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Why do people continually put Zeiler at center? Did he ever play there last year?
My take is that Brady Murray makes the team as the 4th line center, Willsie gets dealt or waived, and Zeiler and Scott Thornton are on Murray's wings along with occasionally Ivanans.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 11:19 PM
yankeeking

Hey lets go to the other board and offer Thornton,Willsie and a goalie to be named later for Raycroft......their offers made about as much sense:..and yea know we really don't want Raycroft

Last edited by yankeeking: 08-09-2007 at 11:44 PM.
yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 10:33 AM
guzmania

Considering that the options for fourth line center are limited I'd be thinking something along the lines of Mike "Pecawood" Peca. I realize he could just be this years McCauley/Bure but he could be just the ticket for centering that ubiquitous fourth line. Good on face offs (50% Last year). Penalty killer. Always a good plus/minus (even on atrocious Islanders teams of the early 2000's variety). Feisty. Some reports out say he'd play for half of last years salary on a one year deal. With the MC arbi we have enough to squeak him in. There is really no one in the orgie that is "ferpecto", so to speak, so yeah, serious consideration.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
He played right wing with Manchester and the Kings, though I'll point out that with Sioux City of the USHL and St. Lawrence University he played as a center.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote