HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Visiting Fan's Guide to Philadelphia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2011, 12:45 PM
  #401
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I read the first post - awesome! Thanks.

Question, is there any particular thoughts on where to sit in the WFC? I noticed that there is only 2 levels (100 and 200's), I am used to booking in the 200's but that is in a stadium with three levels. We are thinking 200's near center ice and at a row around 10 or less. Cheers.
You can't go wrong with seats in the lower rows of the 200 level near center ice in the WFC. I haven't ever complained about seats in that building, but if I had a preference I'd rather sit between the blue lines or in behind a net up high enough to get a nice angle, but not too high (no offense to Shawny).

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:42 AM
  #402
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Hey, im coming over to US, DC to be exact, and i want to catch the Devils in action. I have a friend in Philly and i suggested that we go see the preseason game on 29th. I was just wondering, if Wachovia Center gets sold out for preseason games or can i still get tix @ door? Thanks a bunch!

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
  #403
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I've always been able to get very cheap preseason tickets via StubHub. They also have a pick up location at the Holiday (Olliday) Inn across the street.

But you still should be able to get them at the door as well.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:20 PM
  #404
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
About TV: Your season opener @ Devils. Will it be broadcasted in Philly?

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
  #405
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
I've always been able to get very cheap preseason tickets via StubHub. They also have a pick up location at the Holiday (Olliday) Inn across the street.

But you still should be able to get them at the door as well.
Yeah, just don't run into the Philly Phrenetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave407 View Post
About TV: Your season opener @ Devils. Will it be broadcasted in Philly?
Flyers season opener is actually against the Bruins. But if you're referring to the last preseason game (Oct. 1) against the Devils at the Rock there is no broadcast listing for that game currently on the Flyers home site, so I would assume no Philly broadcast at this time. However, if you mean the second game of the season which is a home game on October 8 against the Devils will be broadcast on CSN. The second to last preseason game - also against the Devils (Sept. 29. Devils much, schedulers?) at home - will be broadcast on CSN/Versus as well.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:19 PM
  #406
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
sat 8th is home for devils according to their site, but thats the one i mean.

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:49 PM
  #407
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,635
vCash: 500
Ah so you're right. I must've got the home/away mixed up with the other bunch of games with the Devils, but yes it's on T.V.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
  #408
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Anyone have any suggestions for parking in downtown Philadelphia? I will be there for the Richie game (October 14th and 15th) and the parking at the hotels are crazy.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:38 PM
  #409
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for parking in downtown Philadelphia? I will be there for the Richie game (October 14th and 15th) and the parking at the hotels are crazy.
There are plenty of lots/garages all over the city. Not sure what you mean about parking is crazy at the hotels. Your best bet is to valet if your hotel offers it.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:25 PM
  #410
Nelly
Registered User
 
Nelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
I'm flying in to see the Flyers/Canucks game, and on Tuesday night I plan to take public transport from Downtown to Pat's / Geno's.

Question: Is it safe to walk to Pat's / Geno's from the Ellsworth Federal stop around 9-11 pm?

Which route is safer? Walking down Federal to get to 9th or down Wharton?

Thanks

Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
  #411
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
There are plenty of lots/garages all over the city. Not sure what you mean about parking is crazy at the hotels. Your best bet is to valet if your hotel offers it.
Thanks. We had booked the Marriot which has $45 a day parking. I was thinking **** that. But, we booked the Holiday Inn Express instead with $21 a night. I feel smarter already. LOL

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 11:08 PM
  #412
CanadianFlyersFan18
Registered User
 
CanadianFlyersFan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 608
vCash: 500
Heading down Sunday for the Monday Flyers/Leafs game. Bringing a mouthy Leafs fan, I welcome anyone at the WFC to kick his ass What should I see in Philly? I got a day and a half, Let me know.. and whats with this 21 year old drinking age? I might go insane without a beer and hockey!


Last edited by CanadianFlyersFan18: 10-21-2011 at 11:14 PM.
CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:24 PM
  #413
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 500
Hey. I had a very specific question about a beer brewery from California that only imports to Philly on this side of the Mississippi. It's called the Russian River Brewery. Ever here of it? They make an Imperial IPa called 'Pliny the Elder'. I'm in centre county and I was thinking of making a day/night of it. Can anyone suggest a good place to buy a case and perhaps a place to catch the game? Thanks in advance.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:41 PM
  #414
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
Hey. I had a very specific question about a beer brewery from California that only imports to Philly on this side of the Mississippi. It's called the Russian River Brewery. Ever here of it? They make an Imperial IPa called 'Pliny the Elder'. I'm in centre county and I was thinking of making a day/night of it. Can anyone suggest a good place to buy a case and perhaps a place to catch the game? Thanks in advance.
I have seen that beer, but couldn't tell you where... And doubt you'll find a case. Check out the foodery (like 12th and Pine or that vicinity) or Monk's at 16th and Pine (you will not be able to see the game).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:27 AM
  #415
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
I have seen it at Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting and they may have it at Capone's in Norristown as well.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 04:31 PM
  #416
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Heading into town Nov 5 to see my favorite former Jacket, Voracek.

We are staying near the airport, and want to go into town to see the Liberty Bell, etc before the game. Do you recommend public transportation or should we bite the bullet and rent a car for 24 hrs?

Is your public transport bus or subway? Safe in that route? (Airport hotel to Sightseeing to arena to airport hotel)

Thanks in advance. I hope Carter is ready to play that game. Ought to be interesting.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 07:43 AM
  #417
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Heading into town Nov 5 to see my favorite former Jacket, Voracek.

We are staying near the airport, and want to go into town to see the Liberty Bell, etc before the game. Do you recommend public transportation or should we bite the bullet and rent a car for 24 hrs?

Is your public transport bus or subway? Safe in that route? (Airport hotel to Sightseeing to arena to airport hotel)

Thanks in advance. I hope Carter is ready to play that game. Ought to be interesting.
Unless you are staying at the airport Marriott (connected to the airport) I'm not sure about public transportation from other airport hotels.

If, however, you are staying at the Marriott, then public transport will be the best to go.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:12 AM
  #418
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
So, my wife and will be in town for thanksgiving and have tickets for the game on Friday (Thanks big sis!!!). We'd be coming into Philly from Media for the game. It's been a long long time since I've done the whole SEPTA thing (was once the master). I'm debating on whether to give her the full meal deal, and do the trolley out of Media which means riding the Market Frankford line or give her a break and do the regional rail which means cushy train then Broad St. line or bus to WFC. She's a pretty tough, savvy lady, but I don't want to totally freak her out. Is the Market Frankford as luxurious as I remember?

I believe we're in sec. 216A row4 if anyone wants to come say hi. I'll be sporting my black Coburn jersey.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:05 AM
  #419
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
So, my wife and will be in town for thanksgiving and have tickets for the game on Friday (Thanks big sis!!!). We'd be coming into Philly from Media for the game. It's been a long long time since I've done the whole SEPTA thing (was once the master). I'm debating on whether to give her the full meal deal, and do the trolley out of Media which means riding the Market Frankford line or give her a break and do the regional rail which means cushy train then Broad St. line or bus to WFC. She's a pretty tough, savvy lady, but I don't want to totally freak her out.[b] Is the Market Frankford as luxurious as I remember? [b]

I believe we're in sec. 216A row4 if anyone wants to come say hi. I'll be sporting my black Coburn jersey.
No. Dear god no. I wouldnt be surprised if you see a few passed out crack heads on there.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:19 AM
  #420
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
No. Dear god no. I wouldnt be surprised if you see a few passed out crack heads on there.
Well if they're passed out, they're not ****ing with my wife and I, right?

So... Market Frankford line it is!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:48 PM
  #421
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,635
vCash: 500
I'm all for freaking out the little lady a bit as the Market/Frankford line I'm sure is just as luxurious as you remember, but wouldn't the regional rail work just as well for you, if not better?

RR would take you right to Suburban Station, in which you'd then hop on to the Broad street line and go right down to the WFC.

The trolley takes you to 69th street, and you'd still have to sit through a few more stops on the MF line 'til you reach City Hall and get the free change on the Broad street line.

It's your call obviously, but I think time-wise you could be better off just taking the train (check out www.septa.org for times). I'm all about being on time, if not early, when I've got to be at an event with a set start time. Of course you could just leave a bit earlier, but when you're in town for a visit that's just wasted time, no? Then again if your family is as screwy as mine that might be a good thing.


Last edited by Phileeguy: 11-20-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:32 PM
  #422
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
I know. I know. I was just kinda half joking. Pretty sure we'll be doing the regional rail. This will be my first Flyers game in about 20 years. Can't freaking wait!!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:34 PM
  #423
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
I know. I know. I was just kinda half joking. Pretty sure we'll be doing the regional rail. This will be my first Flyers game in about 20 years. Can't freaking wait!!!
20 years? :|
What do you do with your free time?
Never going..

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
  #424
Beastieboy
Registered User
 
Beastieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
I am coming to Philly for Jan 31 Jets game and Feb 2 Preds game. I have tickets for the Jets game but haven't bought the Preds tickets yet. Seems like there are tons of lower bowl tickets for sale in the $70-80 range. Is that a good price or do you think they can be had cheaper as the Preds may not be a big draw... aside from having some D that we wouldn't mind having!

Thanks! Go Flyers!


Last edited by Beastieboy: 12-20-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: updated info
Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
  #425
Beastieboy
Registered User
 
Beastieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Is it possible for someone to add some shopping spots for Flyers gear (aside from at the game). Could include Flyers gear, sports collectibles, etc? What stores are recommended? Any great places to get deals?

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.