HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slightly OT: MSG gets "power ring"

Old
08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
stc1709*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
sum1 said it looks so led, thats cuz the camera blurried it out

stc1709* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
The uneven design of the building makes that impossible. This picture is not that useful, but it'll give you an idea of the size.

Won't that be covered by the "safety" nets behind each goal?

Also, I heard on XM NHL Center Ice; that each "over-head" camera is being replaced with an HD camera, at the request of the NHL remote goal judges.

phishman3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Noooo.... the safety nets dont go up that high.... the support wires yeah but not the net itself.

The nets go up to about the top of the lights (catwalk) above the stage.

Not only is it going to look good, but it might add some light to an arena thats naturally darker than most.

And whats up with the main center scoreboard in that picture? Looks like thats being remodeled or covered up or something also.

Need more pics!

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Noooo.... the safety nets dont go up that high.... the support wires yeah but not the net itself.

The nets go up to about the top of the lights (catwalk) above the stage.

Not only is it going to look good, but it might add some light to an arena thats naturally darker than most.

And whats up with the main center scoreboard in that picture? Looks like thats being remodeled or covered up or something also.

Need more pics!
Probably sound boards on it to help with the acoustics for the show.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Looks cool. There is one at each end?

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
nah, i'm pretty sure they've never done that before.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
That wouldn't do anything for the sound.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 10:28 AM
blue2noise

There was some liberty game on MSG the other day and the scoreboard is definitely new.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:03 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I saw Roger Waters there last fall. I almost fell down the stairs twice I was so mangled.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:05 AM
NYRangerfn09

I love muse and was at the concert. I do not like Radiohead at all and do not understand why some people think they sound similar. Muse >>>>>>>>>>> Radiohead

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
SkinneeJ

Why is everyone so excited about msg getting a "power ring?" I think they're kind of destracting and a tad cheesey. I mean, every arena seems to have them now - wouldn't you want to be a bit different? Maybe msg should line the interior with pictures of Frank Sanatra?

Also, it's very annoying watching games on tv in places with those things reflecting off of the ice.

SkinneeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinneeJ View Post
Why is everyone so excited about msg getting a "power ring?" I think they're kind of destracting and a tad cheesey. I mean, every arena seems to have them now - wouldn't you want to be a bit different? Maybe msg should line the interior with pictures of Frank Sanatra?

Also, it's very annoying watching games on tv in places with those things reflecting off of the ice.
I don't want to be unique by being behind the times.

Also, I find the only one that reflects (because it's too low to the ice) is in Edmonton.

Old
08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
I love muse and was at the concert. I do not like Radiohead at all and do not understand why some people think they sound similar. Muse >>>>>>>>>>> Radiohead
i'm sorry but radiohead is 5 billion times better than muse.

and i understand the comparison, the earlier muse cd's sounded a little like some stuff off of ok computer

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
BklyNYR4Life

MUSE WAS SICK!!! 5th time seeing them but it was incredible to see them at MSG, they owned the building.

and yeah, the new boards look cool.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:54 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
You're crazy, Radiohead's best work blows Muse's best work out of the water. I like Muse and all, but there is no comparison imo. Radiohead's stuff is legendary

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
You're crazy, Radiohead's WORST work blows Muse's best work out of the water. I like Muse and all, but there is no comparison imo. Radiohead's stuff is legendary

fixed it for you

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
BklyNYR4Life

they're very different styles of music, its pointless comparing the two.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
they're very different styles of music, its pointless comparing the two.
No way, Muse is a Radiohead copy. In fact, its like Rush and Radiohead, both those bands should be getting royalties

Every generation seems to have these copy bands. In my day it was the Metal bands all ripping off Led Zep and the younger kids defending it saying they didn't sound exactly like Zep. Ok maybe not exact, but its pretty damn close that they should be giving them a cut of the album.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Back on topic, here are a couple of other shots I found of that board and of the center hung one (sadly not on and blurry). I hope to get shots of it in use on Sunday.

Looks like what they've done is replaced the four LED panels which were full of little broken lights. They've taken out the ads and made them all board. Would likely see ads in lights, I guess. Probably made by a company like Daktronics or ANC or something.

Old
08-10-2007, 02:34 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Thanks for the pics

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 03:06 PM
bubba5

i hope we dont see the reflections on the ice.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 03:20 PM
FLYLine24

Nice pics, the scoreboard looks good as well.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
No way, Muse is a Radiohead copy. In fact, its like Rush and Radiohead, both those bands should be getting royalties

Every generation seems to have these copy bands. In my day it was the Metal bands all ripping off Led Zep and the younger kids defending it saying they didn't sound exactly like Zep. Ok maybe not exact, but its pretty damn close that they should be giving them a cut of the album.
Hysterical. This coming from someone who clearly doesn't listen to Muse at all. Listen to their last two albums, mainly this last one. There is absolutely no Radiohead influence at all. Their first two cd's, yes, but since then they have completely transcended that label, and even Radiohead in my opinion. Don't be quick to label me as a stark raving Muse fan either, Radiohead and Muse are two of my favorite bands, and I've seen them both in concert. That argument that they are the same is tired, as Muse has developed out of the Radiohead label, Radiohead's last album was entirely sub par. They are not as similar as you think, don't be so quick to judge music that you clearly haven't listened to that much recently.

Although I do think that OK Computer is the greatest CD of all time.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Hysterical. This coming from someone who clearly doesn't listen to Muse at all. Listen to their last two albums, mainly this last one. There is absolutely no Radiohead influence at all. Their first two cd's, yes, but since then they have completely transcended that label, and even Radiohead in my opinion. Don't be quick to label me as a stark raving Muse fan either, Radiohead and Muse are two of my favorite bands, and I've seen them both in concert. That argument that they are the same is tired, as Muse has developed out of the Radiohead label, Radiohead's last album was entirely sub par. They are not as similar as you think, don't be so quick to judge music that you clearly haven't listened to that much recently.

Although I do think that OK Computer is the greatest CD of all time.
Just listened to the first two songs off "Black holes & revelations"

Awfulness. First song, 'Take a bow' is exactly the kind of Radiohead vocal I was saying they are ripping off, to a tee. Second song 'Starlight', vocals sound too much like Coldplay, and the bassline is Radiohead, at least they're ripping off from successful bands, i see why some people like them.

Sorry man, don't have time for a whole album of this. Too many bands today who are doing nothing but the same old same old. But this Muse just copied from bands they should be opening for, if that.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Muse and Radiohead... not too familiar with either of em.. .I just hope its not like most crap out these days that makes me want to die...

Then again I always have friends touring on Ozzfest... this year was DevilDriver, DAATH, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Behemoth...

that was killer...

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote