HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question from a Sharks fan

Old
08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
polmaniac932

vCash: 500
Question from a Sharks fan

It seems as if I'm the only one out of my group of friends who actually thinks the Kings will be a good team this year. I'm very curious to find out: how confident are you Kings fans that your team will make the playoffs? Whether or not you believe they will, can you please explain your opinion? I'm personally a believer in their defense, as Johnson is supposed to be a stud in years to come, and the addition of Preissing and Stuart will only help (especially Preissing). I've always believed that a team's offense thrives under coaching, and the Kings certainly seem to have some good young guys, especially with Kopitar coming into his sophomore year. The only thing that I haven't been too sure about is their goaltending: if they can actually find a guy that can anchor the position between the pipes, I honestly think this team can go relatively deep into the playoffs. So what's the consensus here?

polmaniac932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by polmaniac932 View Post
It seems as if I'm the only one out of my group of friends who actually thinks the Kings will be a good team this year. I'm very curious to find out: how confident are you Kings fans that your team will make the playoffs? Whether or not you believe they will, can you please explain your opinion? I'm personally a believer in their defense, as Johnson is supposed to be a stud in years to come, and the addition of Preissing and Stuart will only help (especially Preissing). I've always believed that a team's offense thrives under coaching, and the Kings certainly seem to have some good young guys, especially with Kopitar coming into his sophomore year. The only thing that I haven't been too sure about is their goaltending: if they can actually find a guy that can anchor the position between the pipes, I honestly think this team can go relatively deep into the playoffs. So what's the consensus here?
The current first thread in this forum pretty much covers your questions.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=408351

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
LosANZElesKings

I think that this season the Kings success (or failure) will follow their goaltending.

If DC can play better after his surgery, and IF Lababera can return to the form the Kings stand a good chance to make the playoffs. Being in what could be the toughest division in the NHL does not help. I would guess that IF the Kings get off to a good start and play wel as a team with all the new faces I can see the Kings making the playoffs. If they get off to a slow start or the goaltending is less than average there will be no post season.

just my 2 cents

LosANZElesKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
polmaniac932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
The current first thread in this forum pretty much covers your questions.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=408351
Yeah, I had just seen that following my posting of this thread...sorry about that.

polmaniac932 is offline   Reply With Quote