HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crowded Blue Line...Thin up front

Old
08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Olly2

vCash: 500
Crowded Blue Line...Thin up front

With Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, DeVries, Zanon, and Koistonen all signed. Promising prospects like Klein, Laakso, and Franson.in the system one would have to think that management is going to move one of Zidlicky, Hamhuis or Suter for a young forward to compensate for the loss of Kariya, Upshall and Hartnell.

Based on salary, and long term potiential, one would have to think that Zidlicky would be the player moved. This gives Suter, Hamhuis, and Koistonen the opportunity to replace Zidlicky?

Assuming that the arrival of Devries means that Hamhuis will be given a more offensive role. I see the parings shaping themselves out as follows.

Hamhuis and Weber
Devries and Suter
Koistonen and Zanon/Klein

So if Nashville did move in that direction there are plenty of teams in the east that can use a qb on the powerplay.

Boston, Buffalo, New Jersey, the Islanders, Atlanta, Carolina, and Washington could use a player like Zidlicky. Do any of you see Zidlicky moving, Do you see any of the other d-men moving?

Olly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
RaiderDoug

I dont see Nashville moving any of Hamhuis, Suter, or Zidlicky.

Hamhuis and Suter arent going anywhere.

While I get the feeling that Zidlicky might be available, I think he has a no-trade clause. Also, we're pretty much counting on him to take up the offensive slack left by Timonen. Besides, salary isnt a concern - were at the cap floor, and if we move Zids, we'd be 3 mil under it.

You'll more likely see one of Klein or Koistenen moved, and the defense shape up like this (or a combination thereof):

Weber - Suter
Zids - Hamhuis
DeVries - Zanon

Klein or Koistenen as the 7th Dman.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Zidlicky does have a no-trade clause that he would have to waive in order to be traded. Honestly, I cannot see the franchise trading Hamhuis since they signed him to a nice long-term deal last season and Suter is also coming into his prime although he is a RFA at the end of the season.

The most likely candidates to be moved I believe are Klein and Koistinen at defense and one of Fiddler, Smithson, Tootoo, or Nichol at forward.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 09:04 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think we're thin up front,

Arnott, 27 goals
Legwand 27 goals
JP Dumont 21 goals
Sullivan, 22 goals in 57 games
Radulov 18 goals in 64 games
Erat 16 goals in 68 games

Doesn't look like a "thin" top 6 to me

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Olly2

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't think we're thin up front,

Arnott, 27 goals
Legwand 27 goals
JP Dumont 21 goals
Sullivan, 22 goals in 57 games
Radulov 18 goals in 64 games
Erat 16 goals in 68 games

Doesn't look like a "thin" top 6 to me
And in the event of an injury, who steps in? Sullivan missed a lot of games last year and is still rehabbing his injury. This organization had the luxury Radulov, Hartnell, and Upshall to fill in the top 2 lines when injuries occured. Now they have Gelinas. That is a significant drop off from last year.

Hornqvist, O'Reilly, and Peverly are probably the top call ups from the minors. I don't think anybody can argue that these are not Top Prospects. Quite frankly, it could be the worst crop of prospect in the league at the forward position.

Olly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly2 View Post
And in the event of an injury, who steps in? Sullivan missed a lot of games last year and is still rehabbing his injury. This organization had the luxury Radulov, Hartnell, and Upshall to fill in the top 2 lines when injuries occured. Now they have Gelinas. That is a significant drop off from last year.

Hornqvist, O'Reilly, and Peverly are probably the top call ups from the minors. I don't think anybody can argue that these are not Top Prospects. Quite frankly, it could be the worst crop of prospect in the league at the forward position.
I think a very good argument could be made for hornqvist being a very solid prospect. Before last season absolutely not, but things change.

hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:48 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
i still think nashville has a great top 6. radulov should explode this year. its only a problem if injuries come a long.

id be interested in zidlicky from a flyers POV. would Umberger + Ruzicka be enough?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 02:24 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly2 View Post

I think either Gelinas or Bonk could step into a top 6 role as an injury fill in and be just as effective as Upshall anyway. I also agree with Hornqvist being a very good prospect. He's just not a big name around here yet. Then again, neither was Erat.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 07:08 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think either Gelinas or Bonk could step into a top 6 role as an injury fill in and be just as effective as Upshall anyway. I also agree with Hornqvist being a very good prospect. He's just not a big name around here yet. Then again, neither was Erat.
Surprising to me, Hornqvist is leading on a poll on the NP.com front page about which prospect you are most anxious to see in a Predator sweater over names like Geffrion and Franson.
I didn't think the usual visitor to that site would have had a good a grasp on our prospects...things are looking up.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote