HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jochen Hecht

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 12:04 PM
TVanek26*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Jochen Hecht

Jochen Hecht has been impressive.He has 15 points in 23 games and is a plus 12!Sabre fans critisize Regier a lot, but he has made great deals.

But I think he ends up within the 40-50 point range.That seems to be the type of scorer he is, just like Brown how he scores 30 points a year.

BTW, where do you think Dumont will play?I wouldn't want to touch Hecht-Briere-Satan.Maybe use these lines?

Hecht-Briere-Satan
Afinogenov-Drury-Dumont
Pyatt-Brown-Kotalik
Peters-Taylor-Mair

But where does Roy fit in?I think Darcy may have to trade someone.Maybe Dumont and Tallinder for a guy like Brewer?

Old
01-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

using your lines I think it would look like this

Hecht-Briere-Satan
Afinogenov-Drury-Dumont
Pyatt-Brown-Kotalik
Peters/Boulton-Taylor-Mair

However, since Ruff was pretty set on having Brown-Drury-Satan play together before Drury (and then Dumont) got hurt, I'd try this...

Brown-Drury-Satan
Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Pyatt-Roy-Afinogenov
Peters/Boulton-Mair-Kotalik

Either Taylor to Rochester or begin using the press box on whatever forward starts floating around, as Ruff would have the extra roster spot. I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:14 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
using your lines I think it would look like this

Hecht-Briere-Satan
Afinogenov-Drury-Dumont
Pyatt-Brown-Kotalik
Peters/Boulton-Taylor-Mair

However, since Ruff was pretty set on having Brown-Drury-Satan play together before Drury (and then Dumont) got hurt, I'd try this...

Brown-Drury-Satan
Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Pyatt-Roy-Afinogenov
Peters/Boulton-Mair-Kotalik

Either Taylor to Rochester or begin using the press box on whatever forward starts floating around, as Ruff would have the extra roster spot. I feel like I'm forgetting someone.
There's no point in playing Kotalik if he plays on the 4th line.He would get Gratton Syndrome(Ruff expecting him to score 50 goals while playing on the 4th line).I think Dumont could be the odd man out, as he would have the most value currently.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:25 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

make dumont the captain and then trade him?
he's still young and cheap so moving him doesn't make a whole lot of sense
i wouldn't trade dumont alone for brewer AND picks
brewer to me is one of the more overhyped overvalued young players in the league

i think hecht has got to play with miro
i would try this

kotalik-briere-dumont
hecht-drury-satan
pyatt-roy-afinogenov
mair-brown-fighter

i would play brown a ton on the pk to get him more toi

Old
01-04-2004, 12:31 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
hecht-briere-satan
Kotalik-Drury-Dumont
Brown-Roy-Max
Peters-Mair-Taylor

Mckee-Kalinen
Zhitnik-Tallinder
Patrick-Campbell.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres

i think hecht has got to play with miro
I think you're right. Hecht's move at the blue line against Washington gave Miro that hat trick goal. Hecht makes things happen. That's been a proven fact all season long.

When Dumont comes back:

Hecht-Briere-Satan
Dumont-Drury-Kotalik
Afinogenov-Brown-Roy
Pyatt-Mair-Peters

Old
01-04-2004, 01:12 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
IMO,

Hecht - Briere - Satan
Kotalik - Roy - Afinogenov
Brown - Drury - Dumont
Pyatt - Mair - Peters/Taylor/Boulton

Old
01-04-2004, 04:39 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
kotalik-briere-dumont
hecht-drury-satan
pyatt-roy-afinogenov
mair-brown-fighter
I really like this idea. The only other substitution I'd do is possibly swap Kotalik and Afinogenov. I love how Max is playing lately, and I'd like to see him get some time on a line with Briere and Dumont.

Old
01-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Big Kov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
hecht-briere-satan
Kotalik-Drury-Dumont
Brown-Roy-Max
Peters-Mair-Taylor

Mckee-Kalinen
Zhitnik-Tallinder
Patrick-Campbell.
i like it

Old
01-07-2004, 02:05 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Jochen Hecht has been impressive.He has 15 points in 23 games and is a plus 12!Sabre fans critisize Regier a lot, but he has made great deals.
Jochen Hecht has been impressive when he's been healthy.

But, he's missed way too much time to say that what Regier gave up to get Hecht was worth it, IMO.

Who knows if it really would have broken down like this, but the Sabres gave away Slava Kozlov, their 2nd rounder in '02, and their 2nd rounder in '03 to get Hecht.

Those two picks could have been used to take Jiri Hudler and Patrick O'Sullivan.

With many people knowing that Lowe wanted to dump Hecht to make room for youngsters like Hemsky and Chimera, I think Regier could have given up less of the team's future to acquire Hecht.

Old
01-07-2004, 02:56 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Who knows if it really would have broken down like this, but the Sabres gave away Slava Kozlov, their 2nd rounder in '02, and their 2nd rounder in '03 to get Hecht.

Those two picks could have been used to take Jiri Hudler and Patrick O'Sullivan.
Yeah, but we're talking the Sabres here. Those picks would have certainly been used on a couple of obscure skaters who would have bounced between Buffalo and Rochacha in about 5 years...and then would ultimately flop.

Old
01-07-2004, 03:02 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Yeah, but we're talking the Sabres here. Those picks would have certainly been used on a couple of obscure skaters who would have bounced between Buffalo and Rochacha in about 5 years...and then would ultimately flop.
I wouldn't count on that.

Derek Roy, Jason Pominville, and Chris Thorburn were the 2nd round trio in the '01 draft. And they are turning out rather nice.

And Fabry may turn out to be a nice pick up late in the 2nd round in '03..............

The second round is turning into a better spot for the Sabres tha the 1st lately.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:33 AM
lecherous

Quote:
Jochen Hecht has been impressive when he's been healthy.

But, he's missed way too much time to say that what Regier gave up to get Hecht was worth it, IMO.
I don't agree with you here. Personally I think the trade of Kozlov was addition by subtraction...THAT was one of those things where we got a terrible deal because he was always injured. Hecht seems to be getting on the right track, and even if he does only play 55 games this year, he's still as valuable of an asset to the team as anyone. Maybe I'm just a raging fanboy, but I still think Hecht has been the best player on this team in the past 2 months, and will continue to be. Hecht is one of the only players on the team that will give you a consistent effort night in and night out. To me, it's extremely rare to see a game where Hecht floats and disappears.

It's also the nature of how he plays that I think is extremely helpful to his linemates and the team. He sets an extremely good example with how unselfish and hard-working he is, and he's always looking to make a play for his linemates. That said, I don't think Hecht is going to score more than 60 pts a year, probably not even 50...but he's still the most valuable player on the team at this point, I think. He has an extremely well-rounded game, and almost everything in his game is at least slightly above average, which you can't say for many other players on this team. He's a hockey renaissance man, heh.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:42 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I'm not knocking Hecht's value to this team.

All I'm saying is that his inability to stay healthy here, along with the fact that Lowe was trying to move Hecht in the first place, makes me believe that what they gave up was too much.

It's like Drury. I like the guy, but I think he is overpaid and perhaps the Sabres gave up too much to get him as well.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Takeo

Quote:
It's like Drury. I like the guy, but I think he is overpaid and perhaps the Sabres gave up too much to get him as well.
I have to agree here in the context that Drury is a #2 center, a prominent role player. In coming to Buffalo, he was expected to take the #1 role and miraculously transform into a 30 goal sniper. Warrener, a top 4, gritty d-man, and Ballard, a high caliber prospect, are a legit return for a #1 center or 30 goal scorer, not a #2 role player. Drury is having a good season by Drury standards, but not by the standards and expectations which preceded him in Buffalo. So I guess my point is that you can tack on a #1 center to the laundry list of Buffalo needs.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:02 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
I have to agree here in the context that Drury is a #2 center, a prominent role player. In coming to Buffalo, he was expected to take the #1 role and miraculously transform into a 30 goal sniper. Warrener, a top 4, gritty d-man, and Ballard, a high caliber prospect, are a legit return for a #1 center or 30 goal scorer, not a #2 role player. Drury is having a good season by Drury standards, but not by the standards and expectations which preceded him in Buffalo. So I guess my point is that you can tack on a #1 center to the laundry list of Buffalo needs.
Drury's failure to blow up last year as a main cog to the Calgary attack set up warning signs to me that perhaps he'd never be able to make that jump from solid role player/clutch playoff performer to a 1st line #2 scorer with Satan type guy.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Takeo

A Bruins fan in a Thornton thread posted this proposal:

To Buffalo:
C Joe Thornton

To Boston:
C Chris Drury
D Jay McKee
1st 2004

It's very interesting and I've wavered back and forth on it. Valuewise, I think the Sabres should take it and run. Thornton-Briere-Roy-Mair is top of the shelf down the middle but...our D would be practically nonexistent and I hesitate on moving the 1st which has become extremely valuable considering the approaching CBA. Ultimately, the Sabres would probably have to add a bit more but what do y'all think?

Old
01-07-2004, 09:44 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I'd do that in a heartbest, personally.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Takeo

Quote:
I'd do that in a heartbest, personally.
Hell, me too.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
moving the 1st which has become extremely valuable
Frankly that's what's holding the deal up for me. Though this is the kind of deal I'd give the pick up for.

Old
01-07-2004, 02:00 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
i wouldnt trade for thornton, cause we'd have to give up alot more, along the lines of satan, drury, briere. boston would say his a 100+ point player. who's only 24.

anyway, i dont think we should trade drury, his done us good, his had a hard season, and he didnt really play well before his baby was due, which is understandable, but now i think he wsa on a 3 game point streak before the MTL match, and is doing alot better.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:19 PM
lecherous

Man, I love the sound of that deal, but there's no way Boston would go for that.

EDIT : BUT....I bet we could probably get a guy like Lecavalier/Marleau/Jokinen for Drury + McKee, and get to keep our first rounder.

Old
01-08-2004, 09:24 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
A Bruins fan in a Thornton thread posted this proposal:

To Buffalo:
C Joe Thornton

To Boston:
C Chris Drury
D Jay McKee
1st 2004

It's very interesting and I've wavered back and forth on it. Valuewise, I think the Sabres should take it and run. Thornton-Briere-Roy-Mair is top of the shelf down the middle but...our D would be practically nonexistent and I hesitate on moving the 1st which has become extremely valuable considering the approaching CBA. Ultimately, the Sabres would probably have to add a bit more but what do y'all think?
If it's a protected pick (i.e., not top 3, if it is then next year's #1, also protected for not top 3), I'd do it. And I hate trading 1st rounders, but Joe Thornton is the type of player I'd do it for.

Perhaps Satan, McKee and #1 for Thornton instead?

Old
01-08-2004, 09:48 AM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
I think we could also get a prospect or a 2nd rounder back from BOS if we did that one...maybe Hilbert?

Old
01-08-2004, 09:55 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
If it's a protected pick (i.e., not top 3, if it is then next year's #1, also protected for not top 3), I'd do it. And I hate trading 1st rounders, but Joe Thornton is the type of player I'd do it for.

There is no way that Boston would trade Joe Thornton to the Sabres.

Even if Regier offered Satan, Zhitnik, Miller, Vanek, and the Sabres next 4 1st rounders.

I doubt the Bruins would pull the trigger on a deal centering around Satan for Samsanov. Division rivals don't swap marquee talents. Especially studs that were chosen 1st overall and tabbed as the savior of the franchise.

Closed Thread