HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

USA hockey

Old
08-11-2007, 01:16 AM
KINGS FAN77

vCash: 500
USA hockey

OK, I have been playing ice hockey for quite a few years now and still don't know what exactly "USA Hockey" does for us and why we have to pay $32 for it every September. Anyone know? Thanks.

KINGS FAN77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 08:57 AM
MikeD

the 32.00 goes towards your insurance, member registration and your USA hockey mag subscription.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 12:47 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
You do get some nice discounts out of it too if you travel for hockey. I think there are a few select airline(s), car rentals, and hotels that give discounts so that help recoup that $35 pretty quick.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 03:40 PM
XweekendwarriorX

I know when i played for NY state bantam championship and a state title USA hockey paid for the hotels and also got kick ass sponsors to give free **** to the players and coaches. and sweet prizes for shut outs hat tricks and such.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Keetz

A couple of bucks of it goes to your local youth programs, but it is an added insurance to your own health plan. Meaning if you have a hockey related injury and your insurance covers most of it but not all of it, your USA hockey insurance will pay your out of pocket expenses.

Fortunately I have not been hurt, but a teamate broke his foot. His insurance paid for it but they didn't cover the xrays. USA hockey reimbursed him for the $350 xray bill.

It also helps protect the rink for liability lawsuits.

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
sc37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetz View Post
A couple of bucks of it goes to your local youth programs, but it is an added insurance to your own health plan. Meaning if you have a hockey related injury and your insurance covers most of it but not all of it, your USA hockey insurance will pay your out of pocket expenses.

Fortunately I have not been hurt, but a teamate broke his foot. His insurance paid for it but they didn't cover the xrays. USA hockey reimbursed him for the $350 xray bill.

It also helps protect the rink for liability lawsuits.
Do you know the insurance details? I never had to use it, and only browsed thru the literature briefly. I thought the insurance kicked in when there was 'major' injury only and was above some $____ amount.

Old
08-12-2007, 10:29 AM
nyrmetros

We need to support USA Hockey so that they can continue to support American hockey players at all levels.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Keetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc37 View Post
Do you know the insurance details? I never had to use it, and only browsed thru the literature briefly. I thought the insurance kicked in when there was 'major' injury only and was above some $____ amount.
I really don't know the details but the league director will tell you, thats their job.

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 04:00 PM
nodq

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS FAN77 View Post
OK, I have been playing ice hockey for quite a few years now and still don't know what exactly "USA Hockey" does for us and why we have to pay $32 for it every September. Anyone know? Thanks.
Well it's supposed to pay for insurance and liability issues for the rinks, but ever since W got to the white house, the money has been used to fund the war on terror.

nodq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
sc37

Man...you all must have a rich local USA hockey association or division. I just registered for this coming year and paid $35. Yes a measley $3 more