HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

best goal youve ever scored

Old
08-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Ludicrous Speed

vCash: 500
best goal youve ever scored

i thought of this a little bit ago and i thought it would be a good thread topic...

best goal ive ever scored i stole the puck in my d zone, deked around a couple guys and was on a breakaway, pretended to shoot, put the puck between my legs and roofed it...ahhhh that was amazing

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
10 ft. pole

I am going to get a chance to play in a scrimmage with Jack Johnson. I imagine if I am able to score off one of his passes that it will automatically shoot to the top of my list.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:14 PM
freeborn

Opening face off. I was the Centre. The puck hit the ice i pushed it between the other centres legs, blew by the defenseman and roofed it glove side on the goaltender. 1-0 my team 6 seconds in.

freeborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I never was a great goalscorer, but it was my Junior year in highschool and it was our 3rd game of the season. We were up 7-2 against Naperville North. I get the puck in our zone and I think 'Suomi Time'. I skate as hard as I can and I blow past all the defenders and players and I take a wrister 10 feet from the crease. 8-2 Neuqua Valley!!!

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Mine was when i was playng In-line hockey and i brought the puck up on a 2-2 and i did the move were you have the puck behind you then throw it thew you legs to you stick and i got past the d-man, it now was a 2-1 and i shot the puck and the goalie gave up a bad rebound cause it came way out and i took another shot(this was still while moving) after that shot the goalie made a kick save and the rebound was on teh other side so i dove out and hit it in. Still to this day i didn't know where my other team-mate was.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Mine was definitely while playing at Chelsea Piers in NYC against the Division 1 NYPD team.

The story starts in their defensive zone. The play ends up going back the other way. I start hustling to get back into my zone quickly but I have my head down. As soon as I look up their 7 ft + D-man decides to stand me up at their blueline. I hit the brakes but it was too late. As I lay on the ice I think I saw stars, whistle blows and I'm allowed to skate back to the bench.

My very next shift, I get a 1 on 1 with their best D-man, (I remember his last name was Hennessey cuz he was pretty awesome) and I just completely undressed him with a toe drag inside outside move and snapped it top shelf over the goalie's glove and..

Popped-the-water-bottle-off-the-net.com

Everyone on the bench went nuts and started banging their sticks on the boards.

As I skated back to the bench for hi-five's my team captain puts me in a headlock and yells:

"Hey Ramos...get hit like that more often would ya!!"

Freakin awesome!! *EDIT* It was a nice little payback goal since they played so freakin dirty just cuz their police officers, ya know?

I have a few more stories like winners in OT, maybe some other time LoL.

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

Colorado vs. Wyoming, 2001. Two goal lead and penalty killing, Wyoming pulled their goaltender for a 6-on-4 advantage. Made a save from the point, and the rebound came right out in front of me. All of a sudden I realized that I had plenty of time to get to the puck, so I decided to ice it myself.

Puck goes up and over everyone's heads (love the Hasek Louisville TPS composites - wish I could still find them!) and was headed for the far corner of the rink when it hit a divot, changed directions, and went straight into the empty net.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
PensFanInCBus

Championship game in my men's league. I had been getting hacked in front of the net all game. It was really getting me hot under the collar. The refs had put the whistle away early, and it was only getting worse. I had a guy slide into my knees from the side, taking me into the boards awkwardly. I stayed down and vowed my revenge...

Third period in a heated 3-3 contest. With about 1:00 left, I take a pass from my center at about the red line. The same guy was zeroing in on me for another dirty slide. As soon as I saw him commit to the hit, I dipped my inside shoulder and cut inside of him...the idiot went flying over top of me, thus leaving his parter a bit out of position. His partner came over to cover, gave him a quick inside out move and left him...took a wrister that caught the goalie off-guard and it went in between blocker and chest to win the championship.

Best revenge ever.

PensFanInCBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 08:16 PM
wingnut22

My best goal is my only goal. I play in goal whenever I play with my friends (not disiplined enough for a real team) I cleared it down the ice and it took a very strange bounce behind the other goaltender. We still won't let him live it down, and that was three years ago.

wingnut22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

3 on 5, I steal the puck in our zone, deking the D-man on the blueline, finishing it off with the Foppa/Jussi Jokinen move.
25 seconds left in the game, tied 4-4. GWG.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Jypee

When I get on breakaway, I always do the same deke everytime.

One week, I did it like 4 times to the goalie and scored. So the week after I'm on a breakaway and he knows what I'm going to do. I start my move but then put the puck behind my legs and shot it the other way.

It was really nice.

Good #2 would be a one-timer right in the top corner... Cause I really sucks at one-timer, but that one was nice.

Jypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I'm a defensive forward who plays D sometimes. I like to throw my body around. The best goal I didn't allow was this.

We were in our confrence playoff against Oswego East, we were up 5-4. We had a 5-3 PK and they pulled their goaltender. We were on a 6-3 PK (rules are different in our league so they could do that). I was a PK specialty, my +/- was always +10 or higher, anyways they were hammering the net. I remember it just like it was yesterday... they got our goaltender out of position I dropped to my knees and took on in the boys for the team... I loved it but it hurt... even if I was wearing a cup. We did end up winning the game but we lost the next game and we lost the series 3-1

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
3 on 5, I steal the puck in our zone, deking the D-man on the blueline, finishing it off with the Foppa/Jussi Jokinen move.
25 seconds left in the game, tied 4-4. GWG.
i love watchin jokinen in shootouts....does the same couple moves every time but im amazed every time

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
I'm a fast skater, but I really don't have much of a stickhandling / deking capability. I've been working on a few moves, though: I have the 'around-the-world' move (courtesy of Vanek) down, and recently I've been practicing getting the goalie to get moving laterally, then backhanding it, Kotalik-style.

My best goal that I ever scored is a revenge-type goal. T'was my roller hockey league this past summer. I was doing my usual job of screening the goaltender and trying for tips / rebounds. I get absolutely pasted into the goal crease by one of their defencemen. He gets an interference penalty, and as soon as he steps back onto the floor, I get 1-on-1 with him, let the ball go between my legs, and deflect it to the right and ahead of me with the back wheels of my left skate . . . . broke his ankles pretty badly . . . . then went 'Kotalik' on the goalie.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Best goal I ever scored.. I was on a two-on-one vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning.. I dropped down to my knees and then extended as the shot game through and as I went barrelling to the side, I connected with the stick and put it past the Tampa Bay Lightning net-minder.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

It was a 1 on 2 rush. I did a bit of a zig-zag maneuver around the d-men, came up to the goalie on my backhand, stuffed it between his pads, and watched from behind as it trickled into the net.

Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 01:38 AM
FDBluth

Back in minor hockey I always tried to score from the corner a la Mario Lemieux. I probably did it about 3 or 4 times. Probably accidentally dumped the puck out of the zone 50 times, though.

My most memorable goal will probably always be the one that I scored after I got hauled down on a breakaway. I probably have better goals, but I'll always remember this one. I had a semi-breakaway and the defenseman came up from behind and slashed me right in the knees, which sent me to the ice. Somehow I managed to get up onto my knees and keep control of the puck as I slid towards the goalie--this was probably from the top of the circles. Still on my knees, I did a forehand-to-backhand deke and put it into the upper part of the net on the blocker side of the goalie. My whole team went wild, and the first guy that skated up to me said, "Nice goal, Jagr," in reference to Jagr's famous falling-down goal.

The other one doesn't really count, because it was just in drop-in hockey (though if you're ever in the Kelowna area there is some excellent drop-in hockey...I've played with ex-NHLers before), but I scored on a breakaway using the Pierre-Marc Bouchard spin-o-rama. I had never actually practised it before, so it just kind of came to me. I've tried it a few times since and haven't even gotten close.

FDBluth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Passchendaele

damn, I miss minor hockey..

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:39 AM
vexXed

I hardly ever score goals as a defenseman, but there was one game where I had already scored from the blueline on a wrister, and then the other team got back 2 more to make it 2-1. With 30 seconds left in the 3rd our team wins the face off in their zone and the center gets the puck back to me. I just thought '***** it', and took a slapshot which went glove high and right past the goalie, greatest feeling ever. Game finished 2-2 and then we won it in the shootout

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Wisent

One timer, back hander from the far left side, perhaps a meter away from the goal line. Put it high in the short corner through the defender. Goalie didnīt see a thing.

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Happy Pony

I've scored quite a few from behind the net, and I always enjoy that.

My favorite of all time was in a tournament about 6 or 7 years ago (I'm 20) and was from behind the net. I had the puck in the corner and I was looking to make a pass and making my way to behind the net. The goalie dropped to a knee and had the paddle down to protect from a pass. I chipped the puck up, off the side of his mask (above the ear area) and it ricocheted into the net, squeezing inside the post. Simply amazing.

Oddly enough, I'd rather make a sick pass than score a sick goal.

Best assist was on a two on two, I'm coming in on the right wing and dropped the puck behind me, then pulled it up between my legs, off my skate and back onto my stick, blew past the defenseman and sent a perfect saucer pass over the other defensemans stick right onto my teammates blade and he stuffed it inside the post before the goalie got over.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Grave77digger

I was tripped on a break away as i passed the blue line. The puck continued sliding towards the net and the goalie came about 10 feet out to cover it. He dropped to both knees to put his glove on it and it went right under him and into the net without him even knowing.

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN

Had the puck behind the net, faked hard like i was going left, the goalie bit. I then went right and wrapped it in the net with the goalie wondering what happened still looking for the puck on the other side.

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
I have 2

1. I was playing in a league when I was around 12 years old standing at the bottom of the left circle if your looking at the goal. someone laid me anice pass and I had all the time in the world. Goalie was sitting way backin the net and I had a tiny hole in the top left corner right above his shoulder that i snuck the puck into really it was only big enough for the puck to fit into it.

2. Last season I was playing and on a delayed PIM to the other team our goalie came off the ice for the extra man. Im never asked to be that extra guy cause im usually about to go out on the PP. But this time they threw me out there the puck goes behind our bench i pick it up and skate through everyone and rip one top corner by the goalie the whole play took like 15 secs if that to play out and I just skated back to the bench and sat down. the whole team was just like show off.

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Shaun_W_W

I have 2 as well(well to games anyways)
Okay just so you know I'm not a big goal scorer more of a grinder/energy guy.
The first is one game we were short handed and I blocked a shot got the puck and skated past the defender got a breakaway and deked the goalie and scored.
The second(and third) was against the best goalie in my league who had a shutout going for the first 6 games and then we faced him and I scored 2 goals. We tied the game 2-2 in the end but I was the only guy to score on him in the league for over 7 games.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote