HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers sabres rumor?

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Wpg Jets

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Oilers sabres rumor?

I was reading that the oil and Sabres are talking trade
brewer and laraque for Satan. but my question is Woulod Geln urray interest you more? Maybe the deal could be expanded with thw Bruins adding Nick boyton and the Oil could add ?

Old
01-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
brewer and laraque for Satan. but my question is Woulod Geln urray interest you more? Maybe the deal could be expanded with thw Bruins adding Nick boyton and the Oil could add ?
I highly doubt either if these scenarios happening. Glen Murray is UFA at season end I believe.

Old
01-04-2004, 03:43 PM
momentai

Glen Murray? No.

Satan? No.

Why? Contract situations and the age of the two players in question. No way that any of those deals can happen.

Old
01-04-2004, 05:51 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

the two guys i want off the sabres more than anything are kalinin and kotalik...does anyone else like how they play??

Old
01-04-2004, 05:54 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
brewer will not be traded for anything less than grade A young stars. ie thornton, lecavalier etc

Old
01-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
the two guys i want off the sabres more than anything are kalinin and kotalik...does anyone else like how they play??
I like Kalinin.. unfortunately, I think he's beginning to round in to form and the Sabres management realizes that. I'm not a big fan of Kotalik however and we don't really have a great need for him IMO..

Old
01-04-2004, 05:57 PM
SerbianEagle

We would be overpaying big-time for Satan. Brewer and Laraque for Satan- no way

Brewer and Laraque for Satan and something else perhaps, and thats not even including salaries.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Slats432

I was espousing Connolly and Kalinin for Comrie before I learned about Connolly's concussion problems. I like Kalinin.

As for Brewer and Laraques for Satan...I still can't figure out why Brewer would be shopped.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:37 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Well...Kalinin has 5 goals and 11 assists in 35 games this year...he would look great on our blue line with Brewer...
while Kotalik is a RW and has 9 goals and 4 assists in 39 games this year..he had 35 points in 68 games last year...which was basically his first year....

Old
01-04-2004, 08:39 PM
GorillazXL

Brewer is not being shopped unless the trade team pays out of their ying yang... Brewer has been playing very well of late, seems like the more ice time he gets the better he plays. I would not trade for Satan unless we can give Muir back straight up... Nothing on Satan I think he's a great player, when he was with the Oilers he was awsome, and when he got traded I was totally pissed. But to get him back with the current Oilers roster?.... Its not exactly what the team needs. The Oil still needs a centre who can be play for the team atleast the next two to three years until the Oil prospects develop, getting another winger wouldn't fit with everything.

GXL

Old
01-04-2004, 08:50 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
No thanks. Brewer and Laraque could fetch something better then Satan, IMO.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:54 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
brewer will not be traded for anything less than grade A young stars. ie thornton, lecavalier etc
Thornton and Lecavalier are a tier or 2 above Eric Brewer... especially Joe freakin Thornton.

Old
01-04-2004, 09:59 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Thornton and Lecavalier are a tier or 2 above Eric Brewer... especially Joe freakin Thornton.
Not to Thread-jack, and especially not to ask for analysis, but, a simple question:

At the time before the philly deal, would you have dealt Comrie+Brewer+Smith and maybe a pick or prospect if necessary, to Tampa, for Vinny+Kubina.

Not asking for analysis of whether it's fair for T-bay, just a simple would you do it or not?

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 01-04-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old
01-04-2004, 10:44 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Not to Thread-jack, and especially not to ask for analysis, but, a simple question:

At the time before the philly deal, would you have dealt Comrie+Brewer+Smith and maybe a pick or prospect if necessary, to Tampa, for Vinny+Kubina.

Not asking for analysis, just a simple would you do it or not?
Probably not... it just guts the D too much. Its already among the worst in the league.

Old
01-04-2004, 10:45 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Probably not... it just guts the D too much. Its already among the worst in the league.
Forgot to mention follow-up deal for a d-man. Oops!

Old
01-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Satan for Brewer and Laraque.... this doesnt work on so many levels.

Satan in a sniper...sometimes... If Oil fans didnt like Carter, then why pay twice as much for an older, more inconsistent, more expensive, more defensively liable player?

Satan was just given a hefty new contract that makes no sense financially for us. If Brewer was to be moved, which I doubt he will, Buffalo would have to throw in more to get him.

If we are dealing with Buffalo, then...

Brewer, Laraque, Chimera, Philly's 1st
for
Afinegenov, Kalinin, Brown, Biron

K, That doesnt make sense to me either, but my point is Brewer stays unless we can deal him for God, Superman, Ronald Mcdonald and a Draft Pick.

Mowzie- "The best part is when it stops bleeding".

Old
01-05-2004, 09:20 AM
CanmoreMike

The bigger trades get the less likely they will be consumated.

Whether I'd want to see Satan back here is simple. YES! But to trade for him like this is the 80s and pure hockey deals are still being made would ignore the fact this is the 21st century. Right now 90% of deals made are salary dumps - pure and simple. If and when Satan gets traded it will be a salary dump and to offer up two of our more attractive bodies for a guy whose team would rather not pay him is ignoring the realities.

Closed Thread