HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We don't need anymore wingers, right?

Old
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
TheHotRock

vCash: 500
We don't need anymore wingers, right?

personally, I feel like, aside from adding a checking center(which I don't feel is a pressing need) and a top pairing defenseman(which also isnt a pressing need, but would make us very legit as a cup contender), we don't really need to make any moves before training camp. We're more than set on the wing. When you have the depth to throw a Prucha or an Avery on your third line, or a Hossa on your 4th, there shouldn't even be talk about deals for third rate scoring wingers, right?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 03:45 PM
ogie

to be honest. i think the rangers are done period. the roster they have now is the roster going into camp. there are a few jobs open, and defense but i think they will fill those spots within the organization.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 03:45 PM
BlairBettsBlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
personally, I feel like, aside from adding a checking center(which I don't feel is a pressing need) and a top pairing defenseman(which also isnt a pressing need, but would make us very legit as a cup contender), we don't really need to make any moves before training camp. We're more than set on the wing. When you have the depth to throw a Prucha or an Avery on your third line, or a Hossa on your 4th, there shouldn't even be talk about deals for third rate scoring wingers, right?
your right that we are set on wing, but i dont think we need a defenseman

our defense is good, no big names, but solid. we also have an overflow of defenseman

tyutin-girardi
mara-staal
rozsival-malik
pock
strudwick
hutchinson
kasparitis

he need to get rid of 3 of them

all we need is a 3rd line center, and i have a feeling a rookie will win that spot in camp

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 03:59 PM
TheHotRock

I wouldn't mind seeing Betts on the 3rd line, I think he can handle it, and I think he'd look good in between callahan and avery/prucha. Then you could give a kid 4th line minutes, and thats a much easier pill to swallow.

you're right our D looks solid, but i always felt like you need that one really good d man on your top pair if you wanna win the cup...but look at carolina, they didnt have it. Our D will be solid, if unspectacular, but thats hwat we need out of it. Our team d is very good, and Up front I feel like we're as good as any team in the league.

also, I have a feeling we might be able to lure Foppa here after Xmas for a small payday.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Fletch

hotrock...

the only issue with Betts on a third line is his inability to setup his wingers. Prucha has played with him a fair amount and I do not believe he's scored one goal on a line with Betts. I'm done with that experiment. And I understand that Betts wouldn't be asked to score, but to shut down top lines, but to be honest, if he's going to get a decent amount of ice time, he's going to have to put up the points, and he's just not doing that. He's a very good fourth liner and PKer. I'm fine with him in that role.

And I'm not sure why Foppa would come to the Rangers, and would think that any amount would be too much. Further, there isn't enough ice time to go around for him to be in the lineup. Personally, I worry about the PP with Drury, Gomez, Jagr and Shanny needing top PP minutes, with Prucha in the waiting and who seemed to do better than Shanny when given more PP time. Further, there's also Avery who will need PP time at forward.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 04:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the only issue with Betts on a third line is his inability to setup his wingers. Prucha has played with him a fair amount and I do not believe he's scored one goal on a line with Betts. I'm done with that experiment. And I understand that Betts wouldn't be asked to score, but to shut down top lines, but to be honest, if he's going to get a decent amount of ice time, he's going to have to put up the points, and he's just not doing that. He's a very good fourth liner and PKer. I'm fine with him in that role.

And I'm not sure why Foppa would come to the Rangers, and would think that any amount would be too much. Further, there isn't enough ice time to go around for him to be in the lineup. Personally, I worry about the PP with Drury, Gomez, Jagr and Shanny needing top PP minutes, with Prucha in the waiting and who seemed to do better than Shanny when given more PP time. Further, there's also Avery who will need PP time at forward.
Agreed on both points.

To add on to the first, I don't really know how many minutes the fourth line is really going to get. That said, I don't really want a kid playing fourth line minutes.

08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
We're done.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2007, 04:00 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Agreed on both points.

To add on to the first, I don't really know how many minutes the fourth line is really going to get. That said, I don't really want a kid playing fourth line minutes.
Completely agree on the last part. Im all for giving kids a chance but not for 4 minutes a game. It didnt help Dawes last year and he wasted the 1st month of his season on the bench.

I think the side is set in terms of moves- maybe with Peca to come(?). Hopefully All roster positions will be decided in camp as we have the defence to clear upand that 3rd line spot. I hope Dawes, Korpikoski and AA and Dubi will be given every chance to make that 3rd line spot their own - providing they get enough minutes....

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2007, 06:00 AM
ArtieAnisimov

Our wings are set, the only question regarding the Rangers roster is who will be the third line center, will any defenseman be traded for cap space, and who the backup goalie will be.

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2007, 07:00 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
Our wings are set, the only question regarding the Rangers roster is who will be the third line center, will any defenseman be traded for cap space, and who the backup goalie will be.
3rd line wings canchange dramatically in camp depending on who gets the 3rd line center. Other than Peca all the decisions will be made from within the camp i think... they'll decide which defenceman leaves during camp.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote