HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Theo is back! 16 games with 2 goals or less allowed!

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Sonik

vCash: 500
Theo is back! 16 games with 2 goals or less allowed!

Yeah that's right! With today's afternoon game, it's the 16th game in a row that Jose allowed 2 goals or less in a game. In fact, the last time he let through 3 goals was the outdoor game in Edmonton.

Don't wonder anymore why Habs are in good position for the playoffs!

Go Habs Go!

Old
01-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Démon Blond

I always had confidence in Jose to rebound, I think it's safe to say now that he as. Of course, with Traverse out, Brisebois playing well and Souray's All Star play, our defense is much better too.

We always knew that a strong netminding was essential for this team to have a chance for the playoff.. now we have it

Old
01-04-2004, 07:53 PM
NWT Habs Fan

I am glad that you checked that stat, I was curious about how we ranked because CBC mentioned last night that Calgary had gone 15 games with two goals or less (of course Vancouver ended that streak last night).

After Theo's start with those 5 and 6 goal games every third game or so, I thought we were in for a long ride. Who would have thought that things would have turned around so well at this point in the season.

This is our key for the season, with so many changes in the lineup and a lot youngers guys being asked to step up and play larger roles.

Old
01-04-2004, 07:54 PM
HABitude

Yeah yeah, like JOHNNY V would say:
VIVA LA CHOU!
HOURRA LA VACHON CAKE !!

... that was my imitation of our beloved Johnny V, Hahaha !!

Old
01-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Yeah that's right! With today's afternoon game, it's the 16th game in a row that Jose allowed 2 goals or less in a game. In fact, the last time he let through 3 goals was the outdoor game in Edmonton.

Don't wonder anymore why Habs are in good position for the playoffs!

Go Habs Go!
I don't particularly want to burst your bubble, but I think your information is erroneous.

Since the 22nd of November, the Habs have played 20 games. And if you say that Jose has played in a 16th game in a row with 2 goals or less allowed, then this means that Garon has played in 4 games. Also, since Nov. 22nd, the Habs have had 7 games in which they allowed 3 or more goals. This means that Theo has to have played in at least 3 games during which there were 3 or more goals scored.

You could argue that there were some empty net goals by the other teams.

However, 2 of those 7 games were victories, meaning that it's impossible the other team scored in an empty net. 2 other games were lost by 1 goal, which means that unless the goalie was pulled during a tie, there were no empty net goals. Also, there was a 5-2 loss to Vancouver on November 25th, meaning that unless the goalie was pulled while the Habs were already down by 2 goals, there was no empty netter. I actually verified using the scoresheet, and sure enough there were no empty net goals.

Therefore, there were at least 5 games during which the Habs let in 3 or more goals without empty-netters.

And since Garon started in 4 games, this means that Theo was in nets for at least 1 game during which he allowed 3 or more goals.

Therefore, Theodore has not played 16 consecutive games without letting in more than 2 goals.

source: canadiens.com

Old
01-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
VIVA LA CHOU!
HOURRA LA VACHON CAKE !!

Johnny V is too busy feeling sorry for himself and his Bruins to make exultant posts on this forum. What can he say about Théodore that wouldn't sound like sour grapes? His Rayzor has been dulled.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Johnny V is too busy feeling sorry for himself and his Bruins to make exultant posts on this forum. What can he say about Théodore that wouldn't sound like sour grapes? His Rayzor has been dulled.
Or he's too busy with the digestion of Boston's brown beans.

Ppprrrrrrrrr !!!

Ooopps !! Cé ki kia pété? lol

Old
01-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
I don't particularly want to burst your bubble, but I think your information is erroneous.

Since the 22nd of November, the Habs have played 20 games. And if you say that Jose has played in a 16th game in a row with 2 goals or less allowed, then this means that Garon has played in 4 games. Also, since Nov. 22nd, the Habs have had 7 games in which they allowed 3 or more goals. This means that Theo has to have played in at least 3 games during which there were 3 or more goals scored.

However, 2 of those 7 games were victories, meaning that it's impossible the other team scored in an empty net. 2 other games were lost by 1 goal, which means that unless the goalie was pulled during a tie, there were no empty net goals. Also, there was a 5-2 loss to Vancouver on November 25th, meaning that unless the goalie was pulled while the Habs were already down by 2 goals, there was no empty netter. I actually verified using the scoresheet, and sure enough there were no empty net goals.

Therefore, there were at least 5 games during which the Habs let in 3 or more goals without empty-netters.

And since Garon started in 4 games, this means that Theo was in nets for at least 1 game during which he allowed 3 or more goals.

Therefore, Theodore has not played 16 consecutive games without letting in more than 2 goals.

OOUCH! Dude, you totally just dissed the guy!

For the guy,

please get your facts straight before posting.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Mathletic

15-13-4 ... it's not the end of the world ...

Old
01-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile

With verification, you're right. I misinterpreted ESPN stats.

It's 6 games in a row, since a 4-2 loss in Toronto 2 weeks ago.

That means... close this thread! At least for a couple of weeks, then we'll see.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:54 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Or he's too busy with the digestion of Boston's brown beans.

Ppprrrrrrrrr !!!

Ooopps !! Cé ki kia pété? lol

mordent mon ane

Old
01-05-2004, 03:56 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:

don't feed the troll, mordent mon CHOU ... :p

Last edited by JOHNNY V: 01-05-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old
01-05-2004, 03:59 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:

VIVA LA PETE ROSE, GUESS WHO NEXT ?

Old
01-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
mordent mon ane
Hurray!!!

And the villagers rejoiced!

Old
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
VIVA LA CHOU!
HOURRA LA VACHON CAKE !!

VIVA LA 1 HIT WONDER :p

Old
01-05-2004, 04:09 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Hurray!!!

And the villagers rejoiced!

AS JOHNNY V PARTED THE RED SEA :p

VIVA LA USA

Old
01-05-2004, 06:03 PM
HABitude

Quote:
VIVA LA 1 HIT WONDER :p
I hope the Brouuns goawltender have a better gaowlie teacher than u're french teacher.

...et en passant, essaie de ne pas trop mordre dans ton spare ribs en le sucant. lol

Old
01-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Corey

Quote:
VIVA LA PETE ROSE, GUESS WHO NEXT ?
Joe Thornton, I presume. He already has a police record.

Last edited by Corey: 01-06-2004 at 06:17 AM.
Closed Thread