HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Islander Injuries

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
King Nothing*

vCash: 500
Islander Injuries

In my opinion, the Islander injuries may just play in the Rangers' favor this time. It seems as though everytime one of them get's hot they are the next to be injured. However, if the Rangers are to make the playoffs I don't think it will be the Islanders as the odd team out. I think it will be either Boston, Tampa Bay, or Montreal. The likely scenario is Tampa Bay. But, we all know the Rangers will finish in ninth without the playoffs or a good draft pick.

PS: As for the total annililation of the person who posted the "good news about parish" thread, let's all think about this for a minute. You chose to play hockey Mr. Parish. You knew the consequences. As a fan and an AMERICAN, it is ok to choose if they wish to be happy about him being out with an injury. It is part of the game and it is part of the game as a fan. When Scott Stevens LEVELED Lindros in the playoff game I was happy about it. Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. I was happy because of what he used to do to other players. This is part of the game. Just as I wish when the USA is fighting a war, I want them to kill as many Iraqis as possible to WIN! This polical correctness crap is what cause the TWC disaster. I think it was wrong to lock the thread and attack a poster because he voiced an opinion.

Let me ask all of you this? Do you honestly think when players pound each other in the face during a fight or nail someone up against the boards that they are doing this to make them feel better? Is this the equivilence of a massage? Not so. It is to hurt them! If any of you think otherwise then you're very niave. Jees, let me punch this guy in the face 10 times. Ooooh, I am sorry, are you alright? I didn't mean it. Stop. Please stop. Injuries are part of the damn game and I am part of the damn game. Am I happy that Parrish is out with an injury? YES INDEED!

Old
01-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

You don't even know the level you are stooping to by agreeing with the person who started that thread. He used to visit quite a while ago and his only interest is to incite a riot. And then once that happens, he will pour more oil on the fire.

Injuries are part of hockey. But, the game of hockey is not war and it should not be played that way.

Old
01-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
In my opinion, the Islander injuries may just play in the Rangers' favor this time. It seems as though everytime one of them get's hot they are the next to be injured. However, if the Rangers are to make the playoffs I don't think it will be the Islanders as the odd team out. I think it will be either Boston, Tampa Bay, or Montreal. The likely scenario is Tampa Bay. But, we all know the Rangers will finish in ninth without the playoffs or a good draft pick.

PS: As for the total annililation of the person who posted the "good news about parish" thread, let's all think about this for a minute. You chose to play hockey Mr. Parish. You knew the consequences. As a fan and an AMERICAN, it is ok to choose if they wish to be happy about him being out with an injury. It is part of the game and it is part of the game as a fan. When Scott Stevens LEVELED Lindros in the playoff game I was happy about it. Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. I was happy because of what he used to do to other players. This is part of the game. Just as I wish when the USA is fighting a war, I want them to kill as many Iraqis as possible to WIN! This polical correctness crap is what cause the TWC disaster. I think it was wrong to lock the thread and attack a poster because he voiced an opinion.

Let me ask all of you this? Do you honestly think when players pound each other in the face during a fight or nail someone up against the boards that they are doing this to make them feel better? Is this the equivilence of a massage? Not so. It is to hurt them! If any of you think otherwise then you're very niave. Jees, let me punch this guy in the face 10 times. Ooooh, I am sorry, are you alright? I didn't mean it. Stop. Please stop. Injuries are part of the damn game and I am part of the damn game. Am I happy that Parrish is out with an injury? YES INDEED!
Ill agree to that

Old
01-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
You don't even know the level you are stooping to by agreeing with the person who started that thread. He used to visit quite a while ago and his only interest is to incite a riot. And then once that happens, he will pour more oil on the fire.

Injuries are part of hockey. But, the game of hockey is not war and it should not be played that way.
BB, in the immortal words of Elvis Costello: "I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused." :p

It is funny, however, to see how some souls hide behind the "Political Correctness" charge to justify any boorish, neanderthal opinion they serve up. :p

Have to love the pseudo-machismo, hormonal-afflicted types banging on a keyboard who equate sports and war. Typically, they have participated in neither. Stop reading Patton (and Rush Limbaugh :p) and try putting on the double-rudders or taking out the toy popgun, at least.

Gleeful over someone being injured? Rejoicing over people dying?

Not worth the time.

Last edited by Trottier: 01-04-2004 at 10:53 PM.
Old
01-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Fletch

I agree with you Trots and BR...

Not too happy when I see an injury in hockey to anyone. Love seeing a guy leveled, yes, but I'm not upset when he gets up. It's a sport and it's a game, not a war as BR says.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:45 AM
Davisian

Am I happy the Isles may be missing key players?

Yes, but I wish it was becuase they had to go "antiquing" with their wives, or any other reason that doesn't mean someone got hurt..

Do I looooveee big hits that make Isles blow snot bubbles out their nose??

You bet, but I hope they get up and get another one later in the game..

It's not "PC" it's karma, or whatever you want to call it.. "Rejoicing" an injury or any other bad news for an opponent seems to ALWAYS come back to bite you in the end.. It ain't war, its a FRIGGIN game..

When a player goes down, I instantly think of his family who has to watch and hope their loved one is going to be OK.. It's a scene played out often, but I always hope they get back up and continue to play..

Old
01-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Shadowtron

I don't care one way or the other who gets hurt and on what team. Parrish gets hurt...I go right on to the next game. Sucks to be him! It happens. I wish him the best, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I personally think everyone is overreacting to some lame brain's (KW not King Nothing's) hackneyed remarks. If you know he's a troll, why waste your time replying to him to let him know that you're not going to "waste your time"? And I've been LMAO at the cleverally disguised banter thrown back at him! A few frilly words doesn't make your "rebuttal" any less boorish or loutish than his, just more tactful. But it's still stupid $hit no matter how many 40 cent words you decorate it with. Stop fooling yourselves, because you're not fooling him. Leave the avenging to SBOB and Guru and learn to let things go.

Old
01-05-2004, 09:04 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
BB, in the immortal words of Elvis Costello: "I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused." :p

It is funny, however, to see how some souls hide behind the "Political Correctness" charge to justify any boorish, neanderthal opinion they serve up. :p

Have to love the pseudo-machismo, hormonal-afflicted types banging on a keyboard who equate sports and war. Typically, they have participated in neither. Stop reading Patton (and Rush Limbaugh :p) and try putting on the double-rudders or taking out the toy popgun, at least.

Gleeful over someone being injured? Rejoicing over people dying?

Not worth the time.

Coming from someone who spends their time slaving over a hot keyboard, I'll take that as a compliment.

Oh, BTW, I don't read books and I don't like Rush Limbaugh. I don't need a neo-facist to tell me how to live my life.

Another thing? I am not easily impressed with euphamisms so you could have shortened your mini-novel down to one sentence: "Not worth the time."

Sorry to ruin the sweet and just world you live in but I don't hide behind religion. Anytime someone blows some ***** up or fire and rocks are falling from the sky, I'm a happy man. I see someone go slamming into a brick wall at 180mph, the brick wall receives a standing ovation. If you don't like it? Don't read or listen to it! But don't you dare deprive me of my opinion because then who is in the wrong then!

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-05-2004 at 10:13 AM.
Old
01-05-2004, 10:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'm closing this thread. It is off topic to begin with and now it is deteriorating into mud sligning.

If you feel you simply must continue to engage in such witty banter, kindly do so via private messaging.