HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines

Old
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
i just wonder if dawes or bourret or dubi or AA would be better playing up in the nhl....thats the only reason i am kinda confused as to why hossa, who hasnt put up 30 points in his 4-5 years in the nhl, is playing on the first line

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks35 View Post
avery needs to be on the second line...he will get us 60pts next year and free up room for shanny and drury. His whole game would be wasted on the third or fourth line.
I agree on Avery also I would like to see Straka with Jagr if possible. I am not big on Hossa but I do admit he had some Luck on the first but I do not think he will continue all season.

RANGER#11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks35 View Post
Okay, so im sure this has been talked about a thousand times but with all these rumors surrounding peca I figured id bring it back...

I absolutely do not want peca and I think these lines give us more depth and balance....

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Avery-Drury-Shanny
Prucha-Straka-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Straka has played center before and him on the third line instantly makes that third line a scoring line which it wouldnt be with peca or dubinsky/anisimov. With dubs/ani you cant expect them to put up too many pts their first year in so prucha and cally wont be as effective as they could be with straka. I dont think we lose that much on the first line with hossa there as I think he is the most underrated player on our team and with Jags and Gomez can put up some decent points. Besides, id rather have three scoring lines than two stacked ones.

Your thoughts?
I like them. No reason to change them. No reason to move Callahan to center when Straka and Prucha are both centers. Plus the way he plays, he belongs on the wing.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:44 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
since we will likely get a peak at what the likely lines would be starting today when it's reported who is skating with who I figured I'd bump this thread for debate.

I think we'll likely see-

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Avery-Drury-Shanny
Prucha-Straka-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Orr
if they put hossa on the first line than the only other lines i want to see are the ones above.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 01:50 AM
NYR Viper

two options....

hossa-gomez-jagr
avery-drury-shanahan
straka-callahan-prucha
hollweg-betts-orr

or

prucha-gomez-jagr
avery-drury-shanahan
straka-dubi/anisimov-callahan
hossa-betts-hollweg/orr

Old
09-16-2007, 10:45 PM
NYR Viper

nm to ^

i want these:

dawes-gomez-jagr
straka-drury-shanahan
avery-callahan-prucha
hossa-betts-holweg/orr

Old
09-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Dawes on the first line?

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 12:39 AM
NYR Viper

...yea...he is ready and will play well

Old
09-17-2007, 12:43 AM
ArtieAnisimov

Straka-Gomez-Jagr
Shanahan-Drury-Avery
Prucha-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hossa-Betts-Hollweg/Orr with Hossa being scratched in more physical games

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

hmm

Hossa Gomez Jagr
Avery Drury Shanahan
Straka Callahan Prucha
Jessiman Betts Orr

whatcha think?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
BlueHavok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
Straka-Gomez-Jagr
Shanahan-Drury-Avery
Prucha-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hossa-Betts-Hollweg/Orr with Hossa being scratched in more physical games
I would have to see these lines fail before I'd shift Hossa or Prucha to the first line.
I think Dawes is ready....just not for the first line. But where to put him?? So many questions............

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
hmm

Hossa Gomez Jagr
Avery Drury Shanahan
Straka Callahan Prucha
Jessiman Betts Orr

whatcha think?
I'd be too scared that Renney would be tempted to throw Jessiman on the top line simply because of his size (ala Brad Isbister)

edit: also his nhl cap hit would be over a million.. certainly not worth it.

Last edited by Carlos Ranger: 09-18-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 03:48 PM
clemsonRanger

well

let me take a shot at this

prucha-gomez-jagr
avery-drury-shanny
bourret-straka-callahan
hossa-betts-orr/holly

i just love bourret and think he is ready and him playing with straka i believe would be sick

every line has grit and great scoring ability

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 05:12 PM
NYR Viper

i love bourret as well, but he hurt his shoulder and was kept out of the scrimmage....i want these lines...

hossa-gomez-jagr - ok, this seems to be the consensus for the first line, they will work well together and it will give hossa some much needed ice time with a high powered line
shanahan-drury-straka
- i think this line would do very well together, straka has the speed for this dump and chase type of line and is a very good passer.....
avery/callahan-avery/callahan-prucha
- everyone knows how the team reacted after the avery pick-up, but the younger guys really became more physical and started to drive to the net more...this line would do very well, speed, antagonistic and tough
jessiman-betts-hollweg/orr
- now before everyone starts yelling, hugh needs a chance, he is playing well in camp and has the size to do wll here....he will stick up for his teammates and will feed off of hollwegs energy which might jumpstart him....he brings much needed size to a smaller team and he hits......he will help orr because he will drop the gloves and he can score....if he does well i could see him filling in for someone who needs a rest or is injured later on in the season....

for anyone who doesnt think his cap hit is worth it, they are wrong, this kid needs a chance to show what he has in real games, not scrimmages....lets see what he can do with it if he fails then we can take his salary off the books and use hollweg and orr as the wings however if he does work, we have the room and still have the room to make a move at the deadline

Old
09-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
hmm

Hossa Gomez Jagr
Avery Drury Shanahan
Straka Callahan Prucha
Jessiman Betts Orr

whatcha think?
Basically what I had in mind, however when it comes to Jessiman I think everyone is reading too far into his camp success.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i love bourret as well, but he hurt his shoulder and was kept out of the scrimmage....i want these lines...

hossa-gomez-jagr - ok, this seems to be the consensus for the first line, they will work well together and it will give hossa some much needed ice time with a high powered line
shanahan-drury-straka
- i think this line would do very well together, straka has the speed for this dump and chase type of line and is a very good passer.....
- everyone knows how the team reacted after the avery pick-up, but the younger guys really became more physical and started to drive to the net more...this line would do very well, speed, antagonistic and tough
- now before everyone starts yelling, hugh needs a chance, he is playing well in camp and has the size to do wll here....he will stick up for his teammates and will feed off of hollwegs energy which might jumpstart him....he brings much needed size to a smaller team and he hits......he will help orr because he will drop the gloves and he can score....if he does well i could see him filling in for someone who needs a rest or is injured later on in the season....

for anyone who doesnt think his cap hit is worth it, they are wrong, this kid needs a chance to show what he has in real games, not scrimmages....lets see what he can do with it if he fails then we can take his salary off the books and use hollweg and orr as the wings however if he does work, we have the room and still have the room to make a move at the deadline
I think Straka's game would compliment Prucha and Cally better than Drury/Shanny. Avery is a good fit with Drury and Shanahan, besides Shanny is his idol basically. Having Shanny on the ice with Avery might also help to keep Sean from doing anything stupid.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
I'd be too scared that Renney would be tempted to throw Jessiman on the top line simply because of his size (ala Brad Isbister)

edit: also his nhl cap hit would be over a million.. certainly not worth it.
ahh, imainge how extremely lethal that line -- Jessiman-Gomez-Jagr -- could have been IF Jessiman had reached his potential.

Just Hossa-Nyls-Jagr is really hard to take the puck away from on the circle, imagine if we instead had a 6'6 240 lbs forward who

Quote:
Possesses impressive and quick puckhandling skills ... Has a hard and accurate shot with a quick release ... A very good playmaker with strong passing skills and good on-ice vision ... A very intelligent player who is a factor on every shift ... A dangerous playmaker and an opportunist around the net ... A tough competitor ... Pursues the puck with tenacity and wants the puck when the game is on the line ... Takes advantage of his good size and strength to dominate the play ... Finishes his checks with authority and is an aggressive open-ice hitter ... Is aware of his defensive responsibilities.
on that line next to thoose two.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2007, 05:51 PM
NYR Viper

i think it could still be....if he makes the team this year, he could improve greatly....maybe that year off just ruined his rhythm..he could still be a very good player, just a late bloomer

Old
09-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Ola

Quote:

shanahan-drury-straka

I like your lines, and you present some interesting thoughts.

One thing I've thinking about though is that I maybe want to see Avery with Shanahan. First of all Shanahan got tremendous respect on the ice. Its good that Avery pissess of people, but it won't be good for us if someone "kills" him on the ice. Brendan can cool things down at times when things is about to really get carried away like they did for Avery a few times in LA. Avery is also a pretty special dude, I am not sure how younger kids like Prucha and Callahan would react to playing with him, I don't know, could be a problem though. Avery is moody.

Thats just speculating from my part. Though I don't think it can be a bad thing is Avery plays with Shanny, maybe it will work with him on another line too.

Old
09-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Ola

Quote:
i think it could still be....if he makes the team this year, he could improve greatly....maybe that year off just ruined his rhythm..he could still be a very good player, just a late bloomer
nah, I don't think it could.

I think Jessiman would be a complete none-factor in the neutral zone. Teams will target that line really hard, if we had Jessiman on LW teams could target Gomez and Jagr much harder in the transition game.

It was a problem last season a few times with Hossa on that line, and Marcel is much better in the transition game then Jessiman.

Old
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
NYR Viper

i agree totally, i was only saying he is still young, not this year, he wont be on the first line.....i just want to see what he could bring to the nhl is all

Old
09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Hossa - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes - Drury - Shanny
Prucha - Straka - Callahan
M. Smith - Avery - Jessiman

Betts, Orr

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Hossa - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes - Drury - Shanny
Prucha - Straka - Callahan
M. Smith - Avery - Jessiman

Betts, Orr

i cant see avery playing onthe 4th line after payng him sooo much money...

mark smith wont make the team....and no hollweg i see....as much as i want dawes to make the team he will have to wait....just too much talent on the team this year and renney im sure only has one or maybe 2 at the most spots open

Old
09-23-2007, 02:38 PM
NYR Viper

so from what i have seen and heard....

drury likes playing with straka
jagr and gomez did not work their first game
there is no lock for the 1st line wing
dubinsky looks like he will make the team

IMO i like these lines:

straka-drury-jagr....everything will go through jagr....just like he wants and drury and straka will each have a ton of points
shanahan-gomez-prucha....everything goes through gomez, like he wants and shanahan and prucha will score a lot of goals
avery-dubinsky-callahan.....works hard every night and will be a pain to play against, plus some offense
hossa-betts-byers/orr.....with byers and hossa, this line should play well and be able to play good defense and score every now and then

Old
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Kopitarian

The first two lines!

Straka-Gomez-Jagr
Shanahan-Drury-Avery

Kopitarian is offline   Reply With Quote